Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 125

Thread: FIBA Asia 2021 Qualifiers Predictions

  1. #1
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    My day 1 predictions are:

    PHILIPPINES v. thailand - 25
    Indonesia v. SOUTH KOREA - 40
    CHINESE-TAIPEI v. Malaysia - 28
    japan v. CHINA - 10
    AUSTRALIA v. new zealand - 18
    hong kong v. GUAM - 15
    BAHRAIN v. india - 12
    LEBANON v. iraq - 18
    SAUDI ARABIA v. qatar - 5
    syria v. IRAN - 30
    JORDAN v. sri lanka - 90
    kazakhstan v. PALESTINE - 6

    note: this thread will only be limited to the prediction of the outcome of the games.
    Last edited by ja.he; 01-08-2020 at 05:25 AM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  2. #2
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Goal for 2020 is win vs Korea.. that's a huge confidence booster

  3. #3
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,129
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    why make another thread wherein we already have one? you can post it naman there. no need to create one..

  4. #4
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    why make another thread wherein we already have one? you can post it naman there. no need to create one..
    it's only talks about the predictions and anything other than gilas. you talk other matters that are not gilas-related, that's an off-topic.

    in the other thread, that's only for gilas.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  5. #5
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,129
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    it's only talks about the predictions and anything other than gilas. you talk other matters that are not gilas-related, that's an off-topic.

    in the other thread, that's only for gilas.
    the thread says "fiba asia 2021 qualifiers" it's for all teams involved. it's not only for RP. it's for all.. and we're posting some world cup results from various teams in a gilas thread last time around..

  6. #6
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    the thread says "fiba asia 2021 qualifiers" it's for all teams involved. it's not only for RP. it's for all.. and we're posting some world cup results from various teams in a gilas thread last time around..
    it's superficial. you and both know that it's for gilas. majority of the discussion is for gilas. i doubt i can talk much about the boomers, tall blacks and japan in that thread because that is basically a gilas thread.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  7. #7
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,129
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    it's superficial. you and both know that it's for gilas. majority of the discussion is for gilas. i doubt i can talk much about the boomers, tall blacks and japan in that thread because that is basically a gilas thread.
    and we did the same thing last world cup.. dumodoble lang threads.. some euro guys nga posting on the world cup thread and talking about teams not related to gilas..

    same with the original thread. anyone can post in relation to the tournament itself.. come on. i've seen it all here in close to 13 yrs in ibn..

  8. #8
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    and we did the same thing last world cup.. dumodoble lang threads.. some euro guys nga posting on the world cup thread and talking about teams not related to gilas..

    same with the original thread. anyone can post in relation to the tournament itself.. come on. i've seen it all here in close to 13 yrs in ibn..
    so was i. lurker in this forum for a decade.

    that's the reason why i set thread that focuses on a certain. to not overlap with another thread.

    pero sige. merge this thread para no problem. hehe
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  9. #9
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,008

    Default

    Basta alam ko i will get blasted for mentioning anything about the Tall Blacks in any thread.. lol. sorry you're free to blast me for not following language rules lol

  10. #10
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Basta alam ko i will get blasted for mentioning anything about the Tall Blacks in any thread.. lol. sorry you're free to blast me for not following language rules lol
    that's the reason why i post this new thread to have a room for posters like you sir analyzed.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  11. #11
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,129
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    that's the reason why i post this new thread to have a room for posters like you sir analyzed.
    and you know the people here in regards to analyzed posting tall blacks news. kung ako if i post boomers news no one will blast me.. if analyzed post about tall blacks someone will blast him..

    kaya close this thread mods. seriously, it's double thread

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    My day 1 predictions are:

    PHILIPPINES v. thailand - 25
    Indonesia v. SOUTH KOREA - 40
    CHINESE-TAIPEI v. Malaysia - 28
    japan v. CHINA - 10
    AUSTRALIA v. new zealand - 18
    hong kong v. GUAM - 15
    BAHRAIN v. india - 12
    LEBANON v. iraq - 18
    SAUDI ARABIA v. qatar - 5
    syria v. IRAN - 30
    JORDAN v. sri lanka - 90
    kazakhstan v. PALESTINE - 6
    India team will be minus some of their key players because of suspension coming from their federation (Amjyot Singh) and injuries also.. while on Japan v China eh i will pick Japan.. their confidence is still high and lot more tougher than before.. and maybe China will parading some youth players.. guys like Qi, Yi and maybe Guo will not play i guess!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    India team will be minus some of their key players because of suspension coming from their federation (Amjyot Singh) and injuries also.. while on Japan v China eh i will pick Japan.. their confidence is still high and lot more tougher than before.. and maybe China will parading some youth players.. guys like Qi, Yi and maybe Guo will not play i guess!!
    india are known underachievers despite potentials. even in full strength, i doubt if they can beat bahrain with bader malabes and wayne chism at their disposal.

    on japan-china, while japan is almost equal with china in terms of skills or they are maybe even better, what will kill japan is the length of china. chinese frontliners are no slouch either. imo, japan needs an incredible shooting night against china like what gilas did to china more than two years ago.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    india are known underachievers despite potentials. even in full strength, i doubt if they can beat bahrain with bader malabes and wayne chism at their disposal.

    on japan-china, while japan is almost equal with china in terms of skills or they are maybe even better, what will kill japan is the length of china. chinese frontliners are no slouch either. imo, japan needs an incredible shooting night against china like what gilas did to china more than two years ago.
    In Julio Lllamas, Japan will trust!!! remember they beat Iran twice in the previous qualifiers!!! one also question is who will be the homecourt? If China eh i think they will win but in Japan eh they will lose.. also i want to see Guam, Saudi Arabia and Palestine... in the 8 teams who played in the Pre Qualifiers eh these 3 will have the chance to make it to the Cup.. how can Sani Sakakini can lead his team? for me eh he is the best Asian PF right now!! While what line up Guam will make in this qualifiers.. I think they can built much stronger team than their previous one!!! and Saudi.. What improvements they have right now compare before.. I had sights on them..

  15. #15
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    In Julio Lllamas, Japan will trust!!! remember they beat Iran twice in the previous qualifiers!!! one also question is who will be the homecourt? If China eh i think they will win but in Japan eh they will lose.. also i want to see Guam, Saudi Arabia and Palestine... in the 8 teams who played in the Pre Qualifiers eh these 3 will have the chance to make it to the Cup.. how can Sani Sakakini can lead his team? for me eh he is the best Asian PF right now!!
    as much as i would guam, i don't really see them winning their games against new zealand and australia. guam is the closest team with gilas in terms of playing style.

    palestine has a very huge potential to get pass the first window and make it to the cup. they can surely beat kazakhstan and they have a chance to beat jordan. sakakini bros will take charge.

    saudi arabia is the most intriguing team. these team have lots of afro-arabs in their line up. not tall but pretty athletic team.
    Last edited by ja.he; 01-07-2020 at 01:40 AM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    as much as i would guam, i don't really see them winning their games against new zealand and australia.

    palestine has a very huge potential to get pass the first window and make it to the cup. they can surely beat kazakhstan and they have a chance to beat jordan. sakakini bros will take charge.

    saudi arabia is the most intriguing team. these team have lots of afro-arabs in their line up. not tall but pretty athletic team.
    I will not expect for Guam to win vs Aussies and NZL.. but they are expected to win vs HongKong.. I don't if Hong Kong can send a team after their problems that their country has right know.. If they can make 3rd seeded then in the final qualifying round eh they are heavy favorites going up against like of India, Indonesia, Iraq and so on.. While another team that is worth watching.. That Bahrain team.. I don't know if some of their Junior players are on already in the seniors level but if they included eh they have that chance.. I remember that they defeat Jonas Morrison led Taipei and Korea in U18 and almost upset our Batang Gilas team (If not for Kai Sotto's heroics).. They have atleast 1 or 2 guy that i think they should in the seniors level..

  17. #17
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I will not expect for Guam to win vs Aussies and NZL.. but they are expected to win vs HongKong.. I don't if Hong Kong can send a team after their problems that their country has right know.. If they can make 3rd seeded then in the final qualifying round eh they are heavy favorites going up against like of India, Indonesia, Iraq and so on.. While another team that is worth watching.. That Bahrain team.. I don't know if some of their Junior players are on already in the seniors level but if they included eh they have that chance.. I remember that they defeat Jonas Morrison led Taipei and Korea in U18 and almost upset our Batang Gilas team (If not for Kai Sotto's heroics).. They have atleast 1 or 2 guy that i think they should in the seniors level..
    imo, only iraq will be the toughest opponent for guam. bahrain with the u-18 core and the senior's core will make them competitive.

    if i were these teams, i will grab the chance on beating the minnows and win the game as wide as possible because of the quotient system. that's the reason why i put a +90 for jordan against sri lanka. i see jordan winning taking the chance.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,547
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    imo, only iraq will be the toughest opponent for guam. bahrain with the u-18 core and the senior's core will make them competitive.

    if i were these teams, i will grab the chance on beating the minnows and win the game as wide as possible because of the quotient system. that's the reason why i put a +90 for jordan against sri lanka. i see jordan winning taking the chance.
    Just like us vs Thais and Indons, we should beat them more than 30 or more points!!! Don't be nice in any team.. anyway also i think Taipei will be part of that 3rd seeded team to play in final qualifier.. with China and more improve Japan in their group eh only way to be in the Asia Cup is to win via final qualifying tournament..

  19. #19
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,129
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    this is what i'm talking about. double double thread when you can discuss this on the other thread.. more people will join pa in comparison to thia double thread.. it's like people are not discussing this on the past on the same thread.. no one create before because it will be double thread and waste of another thread..

  20. #20
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,146
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    this is what i'm talking about. double double thread when you can discuss this on the other thread.. more people will join pa in comparison to thia double thread.. it's like people are not discussing this on the past on the same thread.. no one create before because it will be double thread and waste of another thread..
    you talk about sakakini in the other thread? how the wayne chism in bahrain. you will talk that there? hehe.

    this thread is not a double thread because the focus in this thread will be mostly other national teams and their expected matches. it talks the competition surrounding gilas not gilas in the fiba asia qualifiers.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •