Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague regular season: Week 18

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    This is a bit puzzling to me. Why would he be obsessed with being the leader? When was Sloukas the leader of any team in his career? (ok, maybe the last year a bit, but when else?).
    Well, I'm claiming this because he said it before, right after he was signed by Fenerbahçe. (I've come here to be the leader)
    Besides, his behavior on court tells as much. He does not like sharing the ball at all.

As you've mentioned, he was almost never the actual leader.
    And the problem is that he does not have the ability to become a dominant leader but he doesn't seem to have accepted that.

For the first time, his role as the primary ball handler in Fenerbahçe has to withstand a serious challenge, in the shape of De colo.
    As a result, I think it's obvious that those two can't get along at least on court.

I'm not saying he's a bad player at all, but I don't believe his perceived role is a good fit to his abilities.
    Last edited by Deschain; 01-10-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    poof

elija. one who i named as the mor eunderrater summer market adds, as i well kow is potential he still didnt showed entirely till yesterday. i'm still waiting for dorsey. just bryant dorsey at their best could give us the "plus" value we lost loosing diba

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    I wanna see maccabeo eating his hat right now, Raynolds with 17 point so far!
    Bryant is wonderful too. 8 points lead after 3Q...
    wrong . i well know reynolds. he has good potential that he showed here in italy but also he showed character limits. he is no black, as he is no darko planninic or iverson. everything depend on him. he is not a star but he is (potential) a good player. sure ,he cant be a first el center in a big team
    in the meanwhile jackson phantasm fly on the court hoping he will be cutted at the end of this month
    Last edited by maccabeo; 01-10-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Big derby tonight, two the most talented teams. This time Efes will play with Larkin which is huge difference compared to first game.
    I would say 55-45 for Barca because hca and they have a little bit more talent in the roster.
    That difference is that Kuric is one of the best shooters in EL and Baubois is overated player imo. First five are equal.
    I think the main difference is in the front court, the centers mainly: Davies/Oriola/Tomic/Smits/Pustovyi vs Pleiss/Sertac. They should eat us alive from there. We may see tons of minutes for Singleton at C.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Zenit could surprise Khimki,Asvel could have proble against Crvena Zvezda,but in my opinion win for CZ would be too big job ,after 2 consecutive wins .From some reason,I think Olympiacos will win ,despite for me they are pretty unrealiable .Barcelona Efes continuing where they stopped in quarter-final last year,similar styles ,Barcelona is better in comparision with last season,so Barcelona has role of favourite ,bigger reperoire ,absence of Dunstion will be a lot of help .Of course,Barcelona is most sensitive in creation on pg ,so Efes will make pressure on organization offense ,if they would win that will be on of the main reasons .

zvezda tonight with only one pg, and 4 centers lol
    Lorenzo
    Baron, Punter
    Davidovac, Lazic, Dobric,
    Simanic, Kuridza
    Gist, Jovanovic, Stimac, Kuzmic

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRA View Post
    zvezda tonight with only one pg, and 4 centers lol
    Djordjevic likes this lol

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    elija. one who i named as the mor eunderrater summer market adds, as i well kow is potential he still didnt showed entirely till yesterday. i'm still waiting for dorsey. just bryant dorsey at their best could give us the "plus" value we lost loosing diba
    Wow, I wrote in my previous post that we need Bryant and Dorsey every game and we'll be set, and that phrase above is pure plagiarism... If you agree with me, have at least some decency to quote me.
    As for DiBa - will you stop with this nonsense? (But of course you won't...Reminds me one long banned member pining about Casspi 10-12 years ago). He's very nice (and very much injured, unfortunately ) role player, not superstar you making him.
    As for Reynolds - you literally moaned here that his signing is a disaster. So don't go wiggling out of it.
    He still may fail of course, but all Maccabi needs is 10-20 minutes of air for Hunter (which looks like not fully recovered from injury yet, BTW), and Jake Cohen, so any decent performance will be fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Wow, I wrote in my previous post that we need Bryant and Dorsey every game and we'll be set, and that phrase above is pure plagiarism... If you agree with me, have at least some decency to quote me.
    As for DiBa - will you stop with this nonsense? (But of course you won't...Reminds me one long banned member pining about Casspi 10-12 years ago). He's very nice (and very much injured, unfortunately ) role player, not superstar you making him.
    As for Reynolds - you literally moaned here that his signing is a disaster. So don't go wiggling out of it.
    He still may fail of course, but all Maccabi needs is 10-20 minutes of air for Hunter (which looks like not fully recovered from injury yet, BTW), and Jake Cohen, so any decent performance will be fine with me.
    sorry friend but i clearely didnt read your post. also ,about elija and dorsey i'm writing till august and during the whole season. but where is the problem? agree or not, it doesnt seems to me is so important who write first same eventual opinions ,or not? guess here nobody claimed for copyrights!
    reynolds . not a disaster . not an el stuff. there is the middle way
    cohen. as i always wrote last years ,he is a very underrated player and he was so misconsidered by all past coaches. a big men able to shot is always a good player for any team
    diba. i'm sorry i will always think he could be an euroleague star if having chances even last years. with a much mor eperimetral system , he showed his potential this year. since he is a great scorer (point/per minutes he is one of the best and with high percent) we d need great score performance by elija and dorsey. actually i can say just bryant showed his potential . dorsey is improving his performance but he is so far from what he can do, mainly when he try penetration. his forced one vs one action is absolutely irrational

Khimki is the best example how you can throw away millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Khimki is the best example how you can throw away millions.
    Zenit actually playing decent defense...

But i agree with you to some extent....Khimki an awesome team on paper but not on the court......

Zenith played a very good defence at last. Khimki are natural born losers
    I said it couple of years ago - as long as Shved is there they won't have success. But I am happy for Zenith, they deserve one or two more wins actually.

Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    Zenith played a very good defence at last. Khimki are natural born losers
    I said it couple of years ago - as long as Shved is there they won't have success. But I am happy for Zenith, they deserve one or two more wins actually.
    Khimki isn't a total no show on defense but it's not tough enough to play against..

I'm still on the fence when it comes to Shved ...He can rack up points but it can be inefficiant at times....His defense isn't the greatest and he makes some high risk home run passes that backfire too many times.

Medical miracle! Milutinov is playing after heavy injure
    Money can restore pocket injuries rapidly as it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I think the main difference is in the front court, the centers mainly: Davies/Oriola/Tomic/Smits/Pustovyi vs Pleiss/Sertac. They should eat us alive from there. We may see tons of minutes for Singleton at C.
    Barca frontcourt was non-factor in the first half.
    Delaney’s heroics beyond the arc rescued a possible double digit deficit.
    However, for Efes to grab the win, Beaubois should contribute more in the offense.
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Actually I am not. I do appreciate all he does and the effort he puts in. I do realize that he is probably one of the top passers in ever and he can understand the games like very few players but if anybody would ask me if I wanted Calathes or Sergio in Pao the answer would be Rodriguez 10/10 times.

He just fits better my "aesthetic" of how PGs should be. No hard feelings against Nick.
    I understand what you mean.
    Just saying that Calathes underperformed heavily and Rodriguez shone brightly yesterday. I felt bad for our bald guy.

Vassilis still exploding to the rim...

Not seeing him guard the ball handler much on defense

I wasn't able to watch Barça - Efes until now, how did it go?
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Big comeback by Zvezda. Last time I saw the score they were getting trounced, but all they needed was Stimajuan to save the day.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

again and again. pay serious attention to fener

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast