View Poll Results: Can Fenerbahçe make playoffs?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • What are you talking about? They WILL make playoffs.

2 13.33%
  • They are a good team and it is likely.

8 53.33%
  • They are off this season. It is a long shot.

3 20.00%
  • They are done and gone. There is no way.

2 13.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fenerbahçe, dead or alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Like I wrote above. Many FB fans expect nothing from this season (except to re-sign Obradovic). So, if the rest of the season is a fuck-up like the first half, so be it.
    Sometimes the most dangerous man/team, turns out to be the one who has nothing to lose
    The fans should expect qualification for the 8 because the team is fighting hard for it. There is considerable improvement in the last 6 weeks. 3 wins in a row and the last 3 consecutive losses were with margins 3 points or less. Khimki and Valencia games at home were massive chokes.
    Last edited by EverGreen; 01-15-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    The fans might be but not your coach, you know?
    I have no idea what the coach thinks, honestly.
    But you do eh?

Real-Barca-Cska-Maccabi-Efes

It depends on the performance, rythm and form in the end of the RS, but if we are to beat a top4 team w/o the home field advantage, which one would you choose?

For me, My friend Mr.Chacho is the only one I'd like NOT to match up with in playoffs. Barca, current form is mediocre but hell of a squad with great fan base. Maccabi, great game last night. Can beat anybody in the league right now, in an amazing arena with a great fan base. Cska and Efes are the only ones "fans" would not be a great factor aginst us, and currently Cska is underperforming and Efes is overperforming.

So yeah...bring it on baby

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    yes, it would be 10x more exciting; good the see the flame back up, but it could be too much for many of your fans to bear the pain. again. I remembered that guy's commentary. Serdar Ali Celikler

PS. I know he's a football head, but it's funny.
    Celikler is a complete asshole who thinks money spent on bball budget should be spent on football. He does not even know the basics of bball.
    So, pffhh

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    The fans should expect qualification for the 8 because the team is fighting hard for it.
    It is slowly heating up. Tomorrow's game should decide we run or we hide. But yeah, we keep hoping. The arrogance is gone though. You see the comments of many of my teammates in the last few months...muted

Modesty is healthy...

yes, it would be 10x more exciting; good the see the flame back up, but it could be too much for many of your fans to bear the pain. again. I remembered that guy's commentary. Serdar Ali Celikler

How many consecutive wins does Efes have over Fener? I think it's getting close to our embarrassing 9 straight to RM. Is it 6?

Celikler is a complete asshole who thinks money spent on bball budget should be spent on football. He does not even know the basics of bball.
    So, pffhh
    I know who he is, I mean I know he doesn't care about bball and wants Obradovic gone to channel that budget into football team, but what he says, taken literally, is true.

Never mind, I'd also pick Efes as an opponent if I'm choosing between Real-Barca-Maccabi-PAO-CSKA, it's the least scary name in the list, but for Fener fans particualrly, it would be, by far, the hardest loss to swallow in a match-up. Also a big joy if you win. Big stakes. Let's see.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

How many consecutive wins does Efes have over Fener? I think it's getting close to our embarrassing 9 straight to RM. Is it 6?
    it's not that many, not sure, maybe 4 straight, but the last games looked like we did not even have to sweat.

I know who he is, I mean I know he doesn't care about bball and wants Obradovic gone to channel that budget into football team, but what he says, taken literally, is true.

Never mind, I'd also pick Efes as an opponent if I'm choosing between Real-Barca-Maccabi-PAO-CSKA, it's the least scary name in the list, but for Fener fans particualrly, it would be, by far, the hardest loss to swallow in a match-up. Also a big joy if you win. Big stakes. Let's see.
    Agreed...

it's not that many, not sure, maybe 4 straight, but the last games looked like we did not even have to sweat.
    4 consecutive I guess, last game of playoffs, president cup, euroleague and domestic game.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings

My 1st post. So Welcome to the forum..

fener will get 6th/7th place and as i always wrote , they will be ah hard opponent for any team in the playoffs serie

That guy is a despicable person who had way too many outrageous claims (borderline libel, not kidding). Unfortunately some Fener fans still believe his lies lol

I still think it is way too early for us to think of playoff matchups. We need to win many more games for that. That being said, if Fener makes it, I would want an Efes matchup if only for the reason that we would be like at home in all 5 games.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by ZaliaBalta View Post
    Haha, Efes with 1st seed vs. Fener with 8th seed would be absolutely amazing And my favorites would be Fener. However, i believe, that Fener will end up at not lower than 6th place. Which still means that one of the top 3 teams of regular season would get the least wanted opponent at playoffs It's just unfair
    Blame Euroleague mafia referees. Euroleague management apologized from us twice for the terrible referees and if won that 2 valencia and zenit games we would have chance to get 4th place right now.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019-20(2) Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Blame Euroleague mafia referees. Euroleague management apologized from us twice for the terrible referees and if won that 2 valencia and zenit games we would have chance to get 4th place right now.
    Add to that Pao game where they apologized too. Three in a row, so yes with that three and Zalgiris game we gould fight for 4th spot.

It's probably 4 as Levenspiel said, (last year final, president cup, 1 euroleague and 1 league) but in none of these games we had the full roster. Even in the last season final, where we lost 4-3 in the last game 7, we didn't have Vesely, Lauvergne and Datome didn't play the majority of the games and he wasn't ready. Melli had the play the center position in the entire series, and even in that condition we won 3 games against Efes, and we lost the game 2 in the last second, as far as I see with that terrible nightmare injuries, the team did the best they could. The rest 3 games on this season were the same as well, and we didn't have Vesely, Thomas, Nunnally etc.

If we have the full roster, the things will be different.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    The rest 3 games on this season were the same as well, and we didn't have Vesely, Thomas, Nunnally etc.

If we have the full roster, the things will be different.
    Thomas and Nunnally would save us I consider you as serious guy, don't disappoint me

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Thomas and Nunnally would save us I consider you as serious guy, don't disappoint me
    Don't look at it with a limited view. Of course Thomas and Nunnally wouldn't save us in normal circumstances, but if you don't have a single center in your entire roster, even Thomas turns into a saviour for your system. Look at Efes, after losing Dunston, Sertac and Pleiss filled the gap when no one expected that they could, so they saved Efes. Thomas is almost the same.

We also didn't have a 3D guy (defense and 3pts shoot) like Nunnally, because Kalinic is no where near is shooting like his 2017 season, a player like Nunnally who can also shoot is also a gold for our system when Kalinic can't shoot as good as before.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL

Cska and Efes are the only ones "fans" would not be a great factor aginst us, and currently Cska is underperforming and Efes is overperforming.
    it's Fener's thread, did not want to hijack it, but Efes is actually not overperforming except for Sertac & Pleiss, and even that is only my opinion. This is part of the illusion that also make it the least scary opponent. Remeber, Efes was seen as a fluke, a 3-shooting team only, by many but Efes dominated the games it had to, last year. We had to beat Barca by 15 to get the head to head, we beat by 22; we had to beat Baskonia to secure the 4th, no problem, we beat Barca in Barcelona by 34 in POs, you know what we did to Fener in F4, and also in TBL finals. So, it was not a fluke.

This year, Efes is the second slowest team in the league but scoring the 2nd highest. Doesn't look like it, does it? without Dunston, and Moerman, and recently, Micic. Lucky shots again I guess.

Obradovic is a fox. I will always remember him beating mighty Barca with a modest PAO, so anything is possible, but odds are not in your favor in an Efes match-up

it's Fener's thread, did not want to hijack it, but Efes is actually not overperforming except for Sertac & Pleiss, and even that is only my opinion. This is part of the illusion that also make it the least scary opponent. Remeber, Efes was seen as a fluke, a 3-shooting team only, by many but Efes dominated the games it had to, last year. We had to beat Barca by 15 to get the head to head, we beat by 22; we had to beat Baskonia to secure the 4th, no problem, we beat Barca in Barcelona by 34 in POs, you know what we did to Fener in F4, and also in TBL finals. So, it was not a fluke.

This year, Efes is the second slowest team in the league but scoring the 2nd highest. Doesn't look like it, does it? without Dunston, and Moerman, and recently, Micic. Lucky shots again I guess.

Obradovic is a fox. I will always remember him beating mighty Barca with a modest PAO, so anything is possible, but odds are not in your favor in an Efes match-up
    I agree that Efes is too hot for too long for it to be a fluke. Also, I think this year is important for Efes - F4 is good but there are no guarantees NBA won't go after your players so this year might be the best chance for championship for a while.

About the last part - if Pesic is going to stay Barça might actually be the best opponent for us lol
    Last edited by vivo; 01-16-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I agree that Efes is too hot for too long for it to be a fluke. Also, I think this year is important for Efes - F4 is good but there are no guarantees NBA won't go after your players so this year might be the best chance for championship for a while.

About the last part - if Pesic is going to stay Barça might actually be the pest opponent for us lol
    Barca seem flakey at the moment. No one is performing consistently bar Mirotic and Delaney. The rest are warm and then cold. They definitely have an issue without Huertel and Pangos out who are proper pg's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast