Euroleague regular season: Week 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
    despite usual "painty" bball by pitino, my great compliment to pana. when calathes also scor,e they are unstoppable offensive team. increasing their 3p attempting per game they could get 4th place
    Trust me I’ve been following Pitino’s career for over 30 years. It’s not by design.
    He doesn’t have the shooters to truly play his style of offense. He revolutionized and was ahead od the times in 1989 with the three point shot. It was bombs away for the New York Knicks when nobody else was playing that way.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
      Seems that Aaron Jackson is the newest Maccabeo's victim.
      I am clearly against this signing but it's not so dramatic. Other teams have also signed useless players, Olympiakos chose Rochestie, fener brought Thomas.

The most important thing is to see again Wilbekin and Wolters play, of course we expect the other injured too. Especially Black and Casspi. The actual roster is at best an average Eurocup one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
        Seems that Aaron Jackson is the newest Maccabeo's victim.
        Acy has been useful lately so he had to find someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
          Other teams have also signed useless players, Olympiakos chose Rochestie, fener brought Thomas.
          Add to Fener list Nunnally as one more useless player, also williams. Lucky for us that we have De Colo and Datome, because rest of the team is below EC level.

Comment

• Pao would be a FF contender if they had better posts. It's hard to say that Calathes puts a ceiling on their potential when they've rarely had high budgets surrounding him. He's a great player -- saying he'd be an NBA all-star with a better shot is a bit extreme, but he would be a solid rotation player on good teams at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by GatorsGators View Post
              Pao would be a FF contender if they had better posts
              Pao fans on IBN: Say no more
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
                he is mostly discussed in comparison to diamantidis,spanoulis and papaloukas. that itself is the reason why calathes is a great player and a future euroleague legend. he will already pass spanoulis next season as assists leader in way less seasons and will do much more too. and wait to see what's gonna happen if by miracle we get a euroleague or more than one in the next years until he retires (which is not close to happening,he is only 31,so he can still have 4-5 years at top standards
                I read on gazettaGR site that Calathes has already achieved more double-doubles than DD+Spanoulis+Papaloukas+ Teodosic have achieved (all together) in their careers.

That's something I suppose.
                Last edited by Adon; 01-04-2020, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                  Really good game and very entertaining for neutral viewers. We could have ended it earlier if we were better on defense but CSKA could have clinched it by fouling in the second to last possession.

I believe that Mitoglou should take more and more time. He seems to be working very hard and he deserves every second of his playing time. On the other hand Papagiannis is just sad but it’s very difficult to discard a body like his

If we just get a decent C I would put us as favorites for places 4-5. Now it’s kind of a guess every week.

Congrats to CSKA for the fight and thanks to iraz for his nice comments.
                  Mitoglou is constantly improving his game. No doubt, he is the most successful project of PAO since ... Tsartsaris (?)
                  Papagiannis is not ready yet but I see signs of improvement also. He has started to use his body and showing some grit. Yesterday he helped much more than the stats imply.

I'm not sure whether we need one more center or a second pure PG. I mean, we need both but an injury of Calathes will leave us naked and helpless.

Comment

Pao would be a FF contender if they had better posts. It's hard to say that Calathes puts a ceiling on their potential when they've rarely had high budgets surrounding him. He's a great player -- saying he'd be an NBA all-star with a better shot is a bit extreme, but he would be a solid rotation player on good teams at least.
                    Yes, he is missing ''only'' shot.

Hype about Calathes is always in this period of season....Until play off games..

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                      Pao fans on IBN: Say no more
                      3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• I know that Oly fans don't like his game this season and I was hugely sceptical about the transfer but Punter looked good (except shot selection but this will come I hope) in zvezda. If he plays always near this level this is a gigantic boost for us.

Comment

Acy has been useful lately so he had to find someone.
                          Oh no no friend. Acy it was a dramatic add, is a dramatic player, and we ll be our big problem The whole year.
                          is hard to accept from a foreigner pf who refuse open wide shoot, those stats
                          The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.
                          Last edited by maccabeo; 01-04-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Itoudis has lost 3 home games in a row to greek teams.Quite an achievement.Not even Darusaffaka's coach last season could pull this off.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                              Trust me I’ve been following Pitino’s career for over 30 years. It’s not by design.
                              He doesn’t have the shooters to truly play his style of offense. He revolutionized and was ahead od the times in 1989 with the three point shot. It was bombs away for the New York Knicks when nobody else was playing that way.
                              sure, when u have a playmaker so focused on assisting teammates in the paint, is not easy to organize perimetral offensive actions, but last week he was critic with nba , as he called a 3p league. calathes sure continion a lot every perimetral plan, but i m not sure he is so open to play the european bball here in europe

Comment

• Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
                                I am clearly against this signing but it's not so dramatic. Other teams have also signed useless players, Olympiakos chose Rochestie, fener brought Thomas.

The most important thing is to see again Wilbekin and Wolters play, of course we expect the other injured too. Especially Black and Casspi. The actual roster is at best an average Eurocup one.
                                wilbekin gives s points. so he is crucial. i exteem volters a lot but he is not the payer who change destiny and value of a team. black will come back late. casspi, didint show to be a player who can el rythm. saimany times that i think diba was a key player for this team, i have to underline that i expected much much more by zoo-avdjia. they have so great potential that is hard to accept their actual moment performances

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information