Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague regular season: Week 17

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Again a 100 points game of Efes. This machine is unstoppable right now even without dunston. Need to watch the repetition.
    Yes, and no. It's going well right now, fantastic 3rd quarter, another blow-out, but I'm convinced this is not sustainable without Dunston. This last 10 games without him, 8W-2L, were a bit of a miracle; made possible by outstanding performance of others.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Is there a more polarizing or scrutinized player than Calathes ? It seems like every single game is a referendum.
    Good remark. A referandum with 45% fixed votes on each side, and 10% switching sides from game to game.

I think he's simply an outstanding player. Today I could only watch the first half (due to Efes game), and he made all the difference.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Is there a more polarizing or scrutinized player than Calathes ? It seems like every single game is a referendum.
    And there are good reasons for this. No one can deny that Calathes is a great PG, but on the whole his part in Pao's results is contradictory for sure. I can't say that I see many Pao games, but for instance last year they won both games against us, and one of them with an outstanding three from Nick in the last posession. But what good have it done for them in the long run - in the season and in the PO?
    So, today it was only one win. Too early to make long-term conclusions.

This season we are fighting with Pao, Maccabi and maybe Milan (I don't believe in Khimki at all) for the 4th - 5th place, which allow not to meet the first 3 teams in the play-offs. And home-court has no real importance now. If we manage to make it, then our chances for the FF are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Yes, and no. It's going well right now, fantastic 3rd quarter, another blow-out, but I'm convinced this is not sustainable without Dunston. This last 10 games without him, 8W-2L, were a bit of a miracle; made possible by outstanding performance of others.
    No need to be modest the homecourt advantage should be 10 games away. Just 2 difficult away games in Barcelona and Madrid. Any other team is more than beatable right now with the quartet of Micic, Larkin, Simon and Beabois and when Dunston comes back he will be rested and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    This season we are fighting with Pao, Maccabi and maybe Milan (I don't believe in Khimki at all) for the 4th - 5th place, which allow not to meet the first 3 teams in the play-offs. And home-court has no real importance now. If we manage to make it, then our chances for the FF are pretty good.
    Maccabi yes, PAO maybe but I have doubts but never Milan.

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    is nedovic once again injured and not playing tonight? armani's backcourt without chacho is not even champions league level
    Once again, like always. In Serbia we call him "staklen", i think it would be translated as "glassy", everywhere he steps he gets hurt. Great player but his body is really a mysteria.

Could Kaleb Tarcevski the most dumb player in entire euroleague? This guy is as dumb as a stone.

Good point. But as Bob will say (correctly) he will be judged for his playoff performance. To that end he has been a liability. We’ll see.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Could Kaleb Tarcevski the most dumb player in entire euroleague? This guy is as dumb as a stone.
    I loved him in NCAA. He is a very good player but Milan doesn't fit him well. He would be great for example in Fener. I am quite sure.

Another question: whats with Timofey Mozgow? Never saw him playing this season. He made 70 Millions without playing in the nba now he is making millions in euroleague without playing. He is the smartest guy ever. Xd

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    One of the best games ever!
    Really good game and very entertaining for neutral viewers. We could have ended it earlier if we were better on defense but CSKA could have clinched it by fouling in the second to last possession.

I believe that Mitoglou should take more and more time. He seems to be working very hard and he deserves every second of his playing time. On the other hand Papagiannis is just sad but it’s very difficult to discard a body like his

If we just get a decent C I would put us as favorites for places 4-5. Now it’s kind of a guess every week.

Congrats to CSKA for the fight and thanks to iraz for his nice comments.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I loved him in NCAA. He is a very good player but Milan doesn't fit him well. He would be great for example in Fener. I am quite sure.
    He is a usable big no question but i am sure he doesnt understand any drawed move in the breaks. Xd

Why Garuba didn't play? Was he injured or what?

Another question: whats with Timofey Mozgow? Never saw him playing this season. He made 70 Millions without playing in the nba now he is making millions in euroleague without playing. He is the smartest guy ever. Xd
    They say that Khimki do not pay him untill he begins to play, I don't know if it's true. Maybe his NBA team is paying him smth.

Such a pity Zenith lost against Armani, they deserved to win this one. I really don't understand why everybody believes Messina is doing a good job in Milan. They are constantly on the verge of a loss in the 4th Q. Messina was very bad in his second stint with CSKA and it looks like he is not fit in the modern european bball.

What a game with only 9 players in a very difficult court!

Thompkins great at scoring, Mickey dominated the rims, Campazzo moved the team great, and Lapro is growing day by day in the team (very good minutes today!).

But the best was RODOLFO FERNÁNDEZ. 35 years old and he still rocks in defense, and from the 3pt line.

12 in a row, and now, Zalgiris!

here is only mta chance to rebuild the starting situation: is jackson contract a monthly contract or is till the end of the season? if is just a monthly contract i hope in jenuary he will be fired and repleaced by an el stuff pg

despite usual "painty" bball by pitino, my great compliment to pana. when calathes also scor,e they are unstoppable offensive team. increasing their 3p attempting per game they could get 4th place

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    despite usual "painty" bball by pitino, my great compliment to pana. when calathes also scor,e they are unstoppable offensive team. increasing their 3p attempting per game they could get 4th place
    In the games they won, Pao attempted 22.50 3s per game, they were ranked 11th out of all teams.

In the games they lost, Pao attempted 24.14 3s per game, they were ranked 10th out of all teams.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Seems that Aaron Jackson is the newest Maccabeo's victim.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast