Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague regular season: Week 17

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Not questioning the decision, but this probably costed the Valencia game.

Now, if I were playing EL Fantasy, the first player I'd pick this week would be Milutinov.
    Yeah but one win doesn't matter, this season is already all but lost. He was terrible on defense, no free throws, he can only finish under the rim when it is a good position. That being said, I don't know if Zoc cut him just because of basketball reasons. There might be more but I have no idea.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Reading some comments from Pao players, I think that they truly believe they can win in Moscow. They see this match as a chance to redeem themselves after the last losses.
    Slim chance imo but I expect them to give everything they have for the restart.
    CSKA is one of the best defensive teams in euroleague. Especially the bigs are great in staying in front of everyone and rebound as hell. Unlike pao bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    CSKA is one of the best defensive teams in euroleague. Especially the bigs are great in staying in front of everyone and rebound as hell. Unlike pao bigs.
    I would add that Hackett can play very good (and some times dirty) defense on Calathes and manages to irritate him. If it's a relatively close game, it would be a success for Pao.

Here is an interesting interview of Obradovic in Athens, just before the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Now, if I were playing EL Fantasy, the first player I'd pick this week would be Milutinov.
    Would you really risk a player that missed last game to injury, had one practice and still listed as gametime decision? I am not that sure Given his cost and the amount of alternatives at C position this round.. but I Suck at EFC
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Llull, Reyes, Randolph, Deck and Carroll stays at Madrid. Taylor travels but he is doubtful.

Campazzo-Laprovittola
    Causeur-Nakic
    Rudy-Garuba
    Thompkins-Mickey
    Tavares-Mejri

Thats our most probably lineup for tomorrow. Garuba played some minutes as SF with Laso, and tomorrow he could play there if Taylor is out, too.

I dont know why but i have big sympathies for zvezda but they wont be able to keep lorenzo. He is a capable play maker.

Rather ugly but passionate game in Kaunas.

Game in Kaunas is ugly to watch - 3rd line up of Maccabi against mediocre Zalgiris... Looks like Hunter and Wilbekin will not play, and Jackson and Reynolds have a lots of rust to shed...
    In any case, meanwhile Dorcey, Cohen and Caloiaro are enough.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Zalgiris has no creativity to play against tough, physical teams like Maccabi. It was easy for Walkup to shine in Munich, but he get back to his usual ways against tougher team. I hope club still looking for PG

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Zalgiris has no creativity to play against tough, physical teams like Maccabi. It was easy for Walkup to shine in Munich, but he get back to his usual ways against tougher team. I hope club still looking for PG
    Seems like a great team guy and really does give good effort...Better suited as a backup at this level though...

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Seems like a great team guy and really does give good effort...Better suited as a backup at this level though...
    Yes, he is great team guy, he tries hard too, and he would be good next to creative PG as he can move the ball well, isn't selfish (at times too much unselfish), but he really struggles when has to create on his own. He might have magic moments like previous week in Munich, but overall not the guy to lead EL team as main PG. Management made mistake not trying to find replacement for Perez

This is my first time watching Zalgiris this season, and woof... Are Walkup and Milaknis really the best you guys can do at guard?

Dorsey the difference so far...Seems like he likes the spotlight of the Euroleauge...

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Dorsey the difference so far...Seems like he likes the spotlight of the Euroleauge...
    Dorsey, Bryant, and Avdija would all be the best talent on Zalgiris' roster. Just a huge difference in athleticism in this game even without most of Maccabi's key players.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Dorsey, Bryant, and Avdija would all be the best talent on Zalgiris' roster. Just a huge difference in athleticism in this game even without most of Maccabi's key players.
    No disrespect to Zalgiris but you're right...

Think Radonjic's days at Bayern are over. The team looks completely dead. Great game by our boys so far, though. Fantastic defense.

So far MTA 42.1 percent from 3...Zalgiris 21.4

Sloukas rocks today. At least, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    For me, their bad shooting stands out more than a lack of athleticism.
    It is not just their 3/14 behind the arch, but they missed completely open shots. They run play, get a decent open look, and miss it time after time. Besides missing the actual points it also allows Maccabi be more aggressive on guarding their 2pt attempts which take more points from them.

If they would have shot just bad and not awfull they would have already led the game.

And also I would not put Avdija with the rest of the guys. He has a great potential but he is still not a contributor.
    Maccabi players +/- this season:
    Wilbekin 134
    Bryant 88
    Wolters 83
    Hunter 79
    Black 66
    Zoosman 65
    Dorsey 65
    Acy 62
    Casspi 53
    Caloioro 34
    Dibartolomeo 29
    Cohen 17
    Avdija -26

Avdija is the only player in our squad that during his playing time Maccabi is actually loosing. His distance from the rest of the team is so huge that it can be explained by 'chance'.

Fener seems to control the game but the team hasnt played the third quarter yet

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast