Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague regular season: Week 16

Problem with Khimki is the same every season. They are building team for Shved who is great player but not Harden.

In Europe that system can't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    We must not forget that Real Madrid is playing without Llull, Carroll and Mejri (Reyes is too old for being a factor).

On the paper, that 3 players make our team better. And I have the feeling that Laso is saving some 'tricks'. He and our players are really experienced, and they know how to manage the season.
    I don’t believe Llull can help much, but good news is that Real is better without him. More Campazzo means better Real.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I’m talking about last 5 years, 1/13 in playoffs, everything with Calathes as the main guy. We have seen similar problems with Giannis in WC. Similar problems this year. You cannot build a team around a player, who can’t shoot in Fiba/EuroLeague competition.
    I'm talking about the last 5 years too. Haven't you noticed that Pao didn't have a good center since ... Pekovic? Batiste? What about a second solid pg? But center and a second pg is not important in bball. Calathes is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I'm talking about the last 5 years too. Haven't you noticed that Pao didn't have a good center since ... Pekovic? Batiste? What about a second solid pg? But center and a second pg is not important in bball. Calathes is the problem
    The question is why were you not able to form a competitive team for the title around Calathes then? Calathes has severe limits and he wont become younger in the future. :P

About PAO, the only player I would sign for RM from PAO would be Fredette, what a scorer. Calathes was bad even against Laprovíttola, who is playing better week by week.
    I would sign any player of Real for Pao, even Rudy.

Ball dominat Pg, whose carrier shooting in EuroLeague is 28% for 3 and 54% FT is a big problem, because everyone will just let him open, when important games will come. Nobody is beating you with that kind of %. Especially not in playoff series. We have seen that in past and we will see that in future. Even in Nba, where is that much more spacing, pair like Simmons/ Embiid doesn’t work, because Simmons cannot shoot.

You can deny, but Calathes was a problem, is a problem and will always be a problem.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    The question is why were you not able to form a competitive team for the title around Calathes then? Calathes has severe limits and he wont become younger in the future. :P
    A series of bad choices. Some bets on players that didn't work out. Bad planning of the future, opportunistic philosophy.

A series of bad choices. Some bets on players that didn't work out. Bad planning of the future, opportunistic philosophy.
    What was wrong with 2015/2016 or 2016/2017 team?
    previously known as Beno

What was wrong with 2015/2016 or 2016/2017 team?
    Ivanovic-Sale-Pedoulakis if I remember correctly.

Ivanovic-Sale-Pedoulakis if I remember correctly.
    last was Pascual.

https://www.euroleague.net/competiti...asoncode=E2015

https://www.euroleague.net/competiti...asoncode=E2016

it look very solid rosters to me, if Calathes is a superstar. but somehow they both ended with 0/3.
    previously known as Beno

last was Pascual.

it look very solid rosters to me, if Calathes is a superstar. but somehow they both ended with 0/3.
    Pascual replaced Pedoulakis, the players were not his choice.
    It was not solid at all. They were overall mediocre rosters, without a dominant center. The Serbs that came along with Sale were a joke, especially Radulica.
    Probably you don't remember their performance but I had watched every single game. Do you want me to analyze those rosters and their weaknesses?

I don’t believe Llull can help much, but good news is that Real is better without him. More Campazzo means better Real.
    Llull is more a 'factor' than Laprovíttola. The problem is that Llull must be used as a limited weapon, and Laso sometimes give him too much.

We need the Llull who plays with the spanish NT.

Pascual replaced Pedoulakis, the players were not his choice.
    It was not solid at all. They were overall mediocre rosters, without a dominant center. The Serbs that came along with Sale were a joke, especially Radulica.
    Probably you don't remember their performance but I had watched every single game. Do you want me to analyze those rosters and their weaknesses?
    I have won Euroleague fantasy in those 2 years, went to F4, so believe me that I have watched mostly all games and have known all teams' rosters in detail.

Calathes in playoffs in those 2 years,

previously known as Beno

Llull is more a 'factor' than Laprovíttola. The problem is that Llull must be used as a limited weapon, and Laso sometimes give him too much.

We need the Llull who plays with the spanish NT.
    Llull was great player, before the injury. The problem for Llull is that Fiba competitions last 3 weeks, Euroleague 9 months.
    previously known as Beno

Its over with Llull and the problem with the PAO roster is they have the same problem with Turks. Overvalue them heavily. Papagiannis, Pappas, Thanasis (back then)

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Its over with Llull and the problem with the PAO roster is they have the same problem with Turks. Overvalue them heavily. Papagiannis, Pappas, Thanasis (back then)
    Everybody saw the Thanasis is/was useless. Pappas well used and limitted would be a good back up SG. Papagiannis is a 2'20 m tall C, he needs blood on his veins.

About Llull, he is a former EL MVP who suffered a really bad injured when he was 30 years old. Not the same example. By the way, we will need him to win trophies.

Why Baskonia play so bad? What's wrong with them?

Default Quincy Acy Destroys Krunoslav Simon With Nasty Poster!! ● Maccabi VS Anadolu Efes

Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AGHighlights
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

Everybody saw the Thanasis is/was useless. Pappas well used and limitted would be a good back up SG. Papagiannis is a 2'20 m tall C, he needs blood on his veins.

About Llull, he is a former EL MVP who suffered a really bad injured when he was 30 years old. Not the same example. By the way, we will need him to win trophies.
    The reasons dont matter. The current status is Llull is finished and it wont change but if you are happy with him, i am too.

Quote Originally Posted by arelg View Post
    Quincy Acy Destroys Krunoslav Simon With Nasty Poster!! ● Maccabi VS Anadolu Efes (26/12/19)

https://www.euroleague.net/competiti...asoncode=E2019

Thats what i mean when i say mta fans cheer evrey player. Jumper mainly. Doesnt matter The player is so mediocre. A mta fan Who have At samee time passione and Who wish for better player should hope acy Would be cutted immediatly. is acy a player who we should acclaim or hoping in his cut?
    Last edited by maccabeo; 12-27-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast