Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Sports at 2020 Dubai International Basketball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Did Kobe really decline the offer or Tui didn't really want Kobe in the team as they are already enough wings. And not to mention, they are veterans.
    That could have also been the case. But, I think some of the wings were added after he declined. They may have not been looking at kobe as a key piece to win the tournament but they were looking at him as a good brand ambassador

Kobe will never succeed if it is true that he has attitude problem.

Now I know why basketball GODS didnt allow him to enter nba. His head will be bigger than Rizal. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Kobe will never succeed if it is true that he has attitude problem.

Now I know why basketball GODS didnt allow him to enter nba. His head will be bigger than Rizal. Lol
    Some who are being tagged as mayabang, I've never heard decline when asked to play for the national team. Kobe, romeo, Abueva, Belga to name I few, I don't remember them decline even once. Pero yung ibang mga "level headed" daw, had various reasons. Porke pagod daw, injured. Meron pa ngang mga nahihiya daw

Like you said sir. Level headed. Thinking of the near future to dodge any possible injury.

Kobe Paras is the basketball version of primadonna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Telecast Schedules and Replays

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Some who are being tagged as mayabang, I've never heard decline when asked to play for the national team. Kobe, romeo, Abueva, Belga to name I few, I don't remember them decline even once. Pero yung ibang mga "level headed" daw, had various reasons. Porke pagod daw, injured. Meron pa ngang mga nahihiya daw
    They never been in an SMC team. If you know what I mean.

That also extends to our youth players. Bata pa lang na wala pang napapatunayan but... Enough negativity. Don't want this to turn to player bashing thread.

https://fastbreak.com.ph/mighty-coac...of-kobe-paras/
    As for Paras, Tiu was not able to reach out to him for an invite.

“Kobe is a good player but I just stuck with guys that I’ve known or worked with and guys that I was sure would be allowed to play since I didn’t know what his plans were yet,” Tiu lamented.

“So unfortunately I didn’t actually get to reach out to him which is probably my fault.”

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Kobe Paras is the basketball version of primadonna
    In fairness to Kobe Paras, he had been willing to play for the National team in the past years. Remember Kobe played for the cadet team in the 2017 Jones Cup & 2017 SEA Games. Not counting his stints with the Phi U-18 & those 3x3 tournament that he played, naka ilang international tournaments na rin naman si Kobe wearing the RP colors. So the willingness to play for the country has always been there for Kobe.

And as per the post of leoisiah, Mighty coach Charles Tiu did not actually invite Kobe for this tournament.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Sayang, but I don't think Mighty will be dropping Gab Banal for Kobe,although I think Kobe is of course more of quality than Banal.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Great point bro.

Meron din namang iba dyan who declined to play for the National team becoz of his loyalty to his PBA team which is known to be "unfriendly" to the National team in the last decade or so.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

My prediction in Mighty's debut game vs. the UAE National team: Mighty winning by at least 17 pts.

He was invites several times already even during window games under Chot, but he dont showup in the practice...

Team History:
    Tunisian League 13 times: 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 (9 in a row), 1976, 1984,2017,2018
    Tunisian Basketball Cup 11 times: 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1968, 1970, 1971 , 1972, 2017 and 2018.
    FIBA Africa Clubs Champions Cup: Runners-up (2): 2014 , 2017

Etoile Sportive Radès (Tunisian Div.1 Basketball League team) Possible lineup for Dubai Tournament:

Mohamed Abbassi,(C) 6'8 , Tunisia

Amrou Bouallegue,(G) 6'4, Tunisia

Ziyed Chennoufi, (F) 6'6, Tunisia

Mourad El Mabrouk, (G) 6'1, Tunisia

Achref Gannouni,(SG)6'3,Tunisia

Mokhtar Ghayaza,(SF) 6'8, Tunisia

Mohammed Hadidane,(PF) 6'8,Tunisia

Nizar Knioua,(PG) 6'2,Tunisia

Amadou Mbodji,(C) 6'11, Senegal

Omar Mouhli,(G)6'4,Tunisia

Deondre Parks,(G) 6'1,USA

Nicholas West,(F/C)6'11, USA

Maher Souabni,(PG)6'1,Tunisia
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Lol IBN likes to make stuff up just to hate on another player.

edit: a few backreads will tell you who it is. You know who you are admit it lol
    Last edited by xenoloxy; 01-23-2020 at 09:11 AM.

^Ok sana if people admitted they were wrong pero wala eh. Hating just for the sake of hating, you just gotta roll your eyes sometimes.

Now we will see later how our young prospects play

But knowing charles tiu, he will give imports 80% of the touches. Especially with chemistry issues in mighty.

Hope coach charles give young guns the opportunity. They can outrun the old elkhatib

is there going to be a live stream?

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    is there going to be a live stream?
    Yt and fb. Not sure if it will work for ppl abroad.

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast