Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Sports at 2020 Dubai International Basketball Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    Oh, you mean Davide Ruini? You're not friends with him. He just happens to be someone you contacted to set up a shell company in London. A shell company that has no legitimate business. One wonders what sort of shenaningans are happening under the surface.
    I backread and saw that you quoted me along with him? Are you insinuating it’s me he was talking about? Well, I’m not. I have nothing to hide and despite being poor (unlike you, guys) I am happy and proud of what I do and what I have in life. But since my social media contents are mostly about my family, I suggest you leave me out of this.

Sorry for the OT. Just surprised to see my name dragged into this.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    PG rotation are just Juan GDL and Mikey Williams? Aside from balkman, moore and Jelan Kendrick (another wing player). Did they recruit another import?
    very thin on the guards. but balkman can play point forward and i think dave can play combo guard too.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I backread and saw that you quoted me along with him? Are you insinuating it’s me he was talking about? Well, I’m not. I have nothing to hide and despite being poor (unlike you, guys) I am happy and proud of what I do and what I have in life. But since my social media contents are mostly about my family, I suggest you leave me out of this.

Sorry for the OT. Just surprised to see my name dragged into this.
    Apologies for that. I must have clicked on the + sign just beside the "Reply with quote" option.
    Keep running, big boy.

I actually like it that we are thin on the PG spot. That means Juan gets to play decent minutes. The kid badly needs something to whip him into rhythm and bolster his confidence. He did good here the last time. Hope that’s something he can build up on.

Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    Apologies for that. I must have clicked on the + sign just beside the "Reply with quote" option.
    No problem, sir.

I actually like it that we are thin on the PG spot. That means Juan gets to play decent minutes. The kid badly needs something to whip him into rhythm and bolster his confidence. He did good here the last time. Hope that’s something he can build up on.
    i agree he will get major minutes
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Make or break fir jgdl. Maybe he will transfer to ateneo too.lol. he cannot shine with UP. I believe he will do better now. More matured and wiser.
    If only he is the main man in UP. He played great with desiderio. But he is worse qith kobe and ricci.

In mighty, he will be a solid point, and floor spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    People get in trouble, when they move away from discussing basketball.. and start name calling, sighting personal stuff (businesses etc) or attacking people personally rather than the message or opinions) , only need to back read that some are guilty of this (regardless of who instigated things, ) being anonymous hiding behind a key board isn't a license to behave in away different from how you would if people knew who you are (many of you would think twice of saying the things to me, attacks if identity was known
    Sa hinaba-haba ng prusisyon, turns out, it's still all about you

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Make or break fir jgdl. Maybe he will transfer to ateneo too.lol. he cannot shine with UP. I believe he will do better now. More matured and wiser.
    If only he is the main man in UP. He played great with desiderio. But he is worse qith kobe and ricci.

Thought he was going to be the starting PG but it turned out to be the graduating player whose names escapes my memory right now. Kobe and Ricci should not have been his problem as they play 3 and 2 and even 4 and 5 for paras. I think Juan will be fine in this tournament so long as he defends decently

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post

Juan needs to turn pro. Maybe focus siya as a Gilas trainee, maybe Baldwin can help him build connections like Thirdy has from NZ, Japan, Italy.

Juan could be our lead guard in Gilas. I really do.

Hope 1GDL plays as good or even better than the way he did in last year's edition of this tournament. As we all know, he struggled with UP in the UAAP season 82. Hope Thirdy shines in this tournament. This isn't Thirdy's fist international tournament experience as he had played with Ateneo in the 2018 Jones Cup. But I think this Dubai tournament is of different level becoz it features the top pro teams in the Middle East with teams fielding as many as 3 imports each. And of course, hope Kai Sotto will be able to hold his own ground against the more matured opponents. We have to remember, that this would be the first time Kai would play in a senior level tournament, so there's a lot of curiosity on how he plays against much older big men.

5 days to go before this tournament starts. I can't wait for Jan. 23 to come.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Juan needs to turn pro. Maybe focus siya as a Gilas trainee, maybe Baldwin can help him build connections like Thirdy has from NZ, Japan, Italy.

1GDL was impressive in last year's edition of this tournament. I think he was only 19 years old back then. But he struggled with UP in the UAAP season 82 that same year. Hope he recover his bearings.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Regarding Kai, this would be baptism of fire for him. We can’t really gauge his performance against the likes of Josh Smith because it was just scrimmage and nothing was at stake. But it is a positive that he has shown he is not afraid to get physical and bang bodies with men twice his age.

The difference now is that these players wouldn’t be as tamed and would have no regard whatsoever for his safety. Subconsciously, they might be more than eager to crush his confidence given the hype that surrounds him as Asia’s next big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Sa hinaba-haba ng prusisyon, turns out, it's still all about you
    Again another example of non basketball related post, but rather a personal accusation of behaviour. Very suttle but obvious, the post is not about the issues or opinions but mere attempt to talk negativity about a person

Again another example of non basketball related post, but rather a personal accusation of behaviour. Very suttle but obvious, the post is not about the issues or opinions but mere attempt to talk negativity about a person
    Very subtle yet so true.

Regarding Kai, this would be baptism of fire for him. We can’t really gauge his performance against the likes of Josh Smith because it was just scrimmage and nothing was at stake. But it is a positive that he has shown he is not afraid to get physical and bang bodies with men twice his age.

The difference now is that these players wouldn’t be as tamed and would have no regard whatsoever for his safety. Subconsciously, they might be more than eager to crush his confidence given the hype that surrounds him as Asia’s next big thing.

And Kai and Josh were playing for TSF teams. It was like gilas seniors vs gilas cadets. The middle Easterns sure won't be as "gentle" but that maybe why Mighty has Kuya Beau. I'd be happy if kai averages in double figures, 7 rebs, 3 asts, 2 blks

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Very subtle yet so true.
    You're admitting that your post is so true to be talking negativity about my behaviour? Rather than basketball?

Juan Must transfer to Ateneo. Championships, Player development, national team opportunities. Will come to him.

He will be coached by coach Tab.

Jgdl will complement Ramos. He will take Dave ildefonso spot for now. While dave are in residency.

Sj did not prove anything yet. So his leadership as pg still questionable.

Juan Transfer to ATENEO. Also Rhenz Abando, I know ateneo is the one offered you, took that offer NOW.

Ateneo Dynastry.

not really a baptism. If he plays limited minutes

You're admitting that your post is so true to be talking negativity about my behaviour? Rather than basketball?
    Huh? Where did you get that?

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast