Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
    Damn blatche looks pregnant
    Just a hypothetical. If AB is preggy will his kid be a natural born pinoy?

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
      Yes, it wil really be kind of racist to say because one has no Pinoy blood he will be descimately be excluded
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by allmight View Post
        I know Douthit’s youngest kid (who was born after his naturalization) is a natural born Pinoy. But only under Philippine law. To be recognized as a local by FIBA you need the a Philippine passport before the 16th birthday.

The same way Jeff Moore’s son, while considered natural born under Philippine law, is considered naturalized under FIBA rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
          I know Douthit’s youngest kid (who was born after his naturalization) is a natural born Pinoy. But only under Philippine law. To be recognized as a local by FIBA you need the a Philippine passport before the 16th birthday.

The same way Jeff Moore’s son, while considered natural born under Philippine law, is considered naturalized under FIBA rules.
          better get Douthit's son a passport, i think he's not 16 yet
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            Yes, it wil really be kind of racist to say because one has no Pinoy blood he will be descimately be excluded
            Oh. So in that case all sons of naturalized players can be locals provided that they are born here.

So, Blatche,, Marcus, Brownlee(if he manages), Kouame can provide us a future gilas players whichhas no filipino blood at all.

Or do they need to marry a filipina?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
              Who is he? Looks like I havent heard of him. Is he good? Up

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post

So the passport hagop rule still is the major rule.

Anyway, I have a feeling that hagop rule would be reinvented in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                  When I first read this here, I thought you guys were exaggerating. Then I saw the highlights...
                  I wish i were. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                    Where Douthit youngest son born? here or outside?
                    Good point. Becoz if he was born here in the Phi, chances are FIBA would recognise him as an local player. Remember, Matt Ganuelas-Rosser was born here in the Phi so he is considered by FIBA as a local.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Did he have. I cant find anything about douthit son. Only daughter.

But if it is true, then yes, sbo needs to work on his passport and papers

Comment

• All I know is that he has children

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                        Did he have. I cant find anything about douthit son. Only daughter.

But if it is true, then yes, sbo needs to work on his passport and papers
                        The Final Score: Marcus Douthit on being Pinoy, naturally
                        Published September 4, 2012 3:56pm

"That he insists on having his children study here"....

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/spor...turally/story/
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

All I know is that he has children

Thanks. But he only mentioned children. We dont know if he has a son or daughter.

Hope most of his kids are boys. So they can represent gilas

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                            Para lang DDS. Criticize lang delawan na. Seriously, Filipinos are a sensitive lot. They always equate criticism as being a crab. Anyway, a win is a win is a win. so there.
                            Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                            People should know the difference between a criticism and an insult.imagine the damage it will do if people are all praises but in reality you are not really good.
                            Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wq4b3FuqiI

"A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Kobe Paras should take notes from El-Khatib. The guy is a strong as a power forward while he has guard skills.Although he is not as quick as he used to, he still can give a lot of opposing teams tons of problems.Kobe should be like a Fadi El-Khatib/Mitch Creek type of player,tough,confident,can score at will and has good leadership qualities.not to mention very consistent and mentally tough specially in high level situations.
                              Fadi El Khatib is a prime example of a player who doesn't need to be athletic to excel in the game. Even during his prime, Fadi's athleticism was just average. Parang athleticism lang ni RayRay Parks. Now at 40, Fadi has evidently slowed down & he could no longer leap as high as he used to, say 15 years ago. But the thing is, he can still produced solid numbers like he used to 10 to 15 years ago in a high level competition like this Dubai International Championship. For a 40-year old player who can produce stats like that of a quality Afro-American import in a high level competition, that is no mean feat. Fadi does the job thru pure talent & smarts.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                                Dave showed more poise than Thirdy.
                                Thirdy has the athleticism while Dave I. has the skills.

In the game vs. UAE, Thirdy's suspect 3-pt. shooting was somewhat exposed as he had to pass-up a No. of open 3-pt. shot & during the times he took the open 3, you could see in his body language the lack of confidence, hence those missed 3-pt. attempts.

That is why I see more potential in Dave Ildefonso than in Thirdy Ravena as far as being a National team material is concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information