Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Sports at 2020 Dubai International Basketball Tournament

Blatche still has the skills and experience as compared to the other bigs, however he barely has any lift with that waist bag around his stomach.I think the best shape that i saw him recently was against Qatar, but he is still not in perfect game shape that time.He looks like he's somewhere the 300-310 lbs. mark. I don't expect him to loose weight soon, but if he wants to play 2-3 years more,then he should loose those unwanted weight and be back to 250-260 lbs.To be competitive, he must be in competitive shape at least.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Yeah.. that's right move for Kai.. but I hope someday he will play for us in a fiba sanction tournament.. this is the best way to upgrade his stock at the NBA draft.. maybe on November this year or next year's Asia cup.. he needs to be tough vs veteran players..
    He will. As long as it is not conflict with his club team. I think gonzaga allowed hachimura to play for Japan team.

The only disaster that can happen is if Kai's team in US or Europe dont allow him. They will havr the rights of Kai.

Hope it will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Blatche still has the skills and experience as compared to the other bigs, however he barely has any lift with that waist bag around his stomach.I think the best shape that i saw him recently was against Qatar, but he is still not in perfect game shape that time.He looks like he's somewhere the 300-310 lbs. mark. I don't expect him to loose weight soon, but if he wants to play 2-3 years more,then he should loose those unwanted weight and be back to 250-260 lbs.To be competitive, he must be in competitive shape at least.
    Yeah. Blatche work ethic is very weak. He should know that he is not young anymore, so he needs to confitioned himself.

Shaq as good as he is, his poor work ethic destroyed his career, and forced him to retire early.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    He will. As long as it is not conflict with his club team. I think gonzaga allowed hachimura to play for Japan team.

The only disaster that can happen is if Kai's team in US or Europe dont allow him. They will havr the rights of Kai.

Hope it will not happen.
    bur during the season, ncaa doesn’t allow players to play for NT.. zags allow rui to play during the off season

that’s why sbp plans to naturalize kouame..because not all the time kai and edu are available

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    bur during the season, ncaa doesn’t allow players to play for NT.. zags allow rui to play during the off season

that’s why sbp plans to naturalize kouame..because not all the time kai and edu are available
    Well we still have prime Junmar and Japeth.

I think nit fiba tournament naman is conflict with us ncaa. Like you said rui is allowed by gonzaga to play fir japan in 2 windows.

We can also develop our other BIGS. Not all the time , we will rely on Kai and AJ

Blatche really let himself go. He got the payday and he’s done with high level fiba competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Bawal palang mag-criticize.

Okay, Mighty played a masterful game tonight. The ball movement and playmaking was top notch and Blatche was unstoppable!
    Wala ka namang constructive na sinabi pati context ng laro na gets kung bakit ganun ang nilaro. By the way your sarcasm is also useless. No one was praising their game play. The point is no one can play well give this kind of officiating. Whether it was a terrible win is beside the point and therefore uncalled for
    Last edited by wnox; 01-24-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    Bawal palang mag-criticize.

Okay, Mighty played a masterful game tonight. The ball movement and playmaking was top notch and Blatche was unstoppable!
    Ay teka di ka naman ang kinomentuhan ko. Sawsaw pa more
    Last edited by wnox; 01-24-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Yeah. Blatche work ethic is very weak. He should know that he is not young anymore, so he needs to confitioned himself.

Shaq as good as he is, his poor work ethic destroyed his career, and forced him to retire early.
    For someone that tall to be that skilled, it must've taken a lot of hard work. Blatche has always been hounded by weight problems. Maybe it's not his work ethic that is the problem but his genetics. And now that he's older, his metabolism is getting even slower. He's been working out and training for a while already but it seems he's still not losing weight.

If he intends to still play high level basketball maybe he should consider reinventing his game. With added heft, maybe he should play more in the inside

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    For someone that tall to be that skilled, it must've taken a lot of hard work. Blatche has always been hounded by weight problems. Maybe it's not his work ethic that is the problem but his genetics. And now that he's older, his metabolism is getting even slower. He's been working out and training for a while already but it seems he's still not losing weight.

If he intends to still play high level basketball maybe he should consider reinventing his game. With added heft, maybe he should play more in the inside
    Well, if he works hard, he can conditioned his body. Byt looks like he always eat unhealthy food. He became fat and slow.

Then he will be a traditional big if that happens. And we know Shaq type players are phase out in international game

OT:Can Blatche be regarded as a local in the ABL?If Balkman is set to return to the ABL after this tournament the it would be nice to have Blatche there as well.The MVP camp seems not interested on him anyway.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Thirdy's role defensive stopper
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post

blatche's best days are behind him. even though he's "just" 33, he played straight from high school so he has a lot of mileage in his body. he's also probably not as hungry as he was before. he always seemed to underachieve even when he was in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    blatche's best days are behind him. even though he's "just" 33, he played straight from high school so he has a lot of mileage in his body. he's also probably not as hungry as he was before. he always seemed to underachieve even when he was in the nba.
    Proves right that he must be repleced

Quote Originally Posted by wnox View Post
    Wala ka namang constructive na sinabi pati context ng laro na gets kung bakit ganun ang nilaro. By the way your sarcasm is also useless. No one was praising their game play. The point is no one can play well give this kind of officiating. Whether it was a terrible win is beside the point and therefore uncalled for
    So kailangan may constructive na sasabihin? Bakit? Mababasa ba ni Charles Tiu ang post ko?

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Thirdy's role defensive stopper
    Thirdy is a good defender but he needs to umprove his outside shooting. If he cant improve it, he will not deserve a gilas spot

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    cant wait for their game against that tunisian club.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    cant wait for their game against that tunisian club.
    That would be tough. Tunisia is a string team. Evident when tunisia beat gilas in world cup.

My heart is hoping Mighty would win, but my brain is telling me that Tunisian club has more chance.

Anyway, it will depends on imports. Is tunisia have great imports?

If he keeps up this weight habits, he will go from a cba contract to an ABL to an TBL.

That would be tough. Tunisia is a string team. Evident when tunisia beat gilas in world cup.

My heart is hoping Mighty would win, but my brain is telling me that Tunisian club has more chance.

Anyway, it will depends on imports. Is tunisia have great imports?
    We have no chemistry whatsoever, don't expect to much from this mighty team

Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast