No announcement yet.

Mighty Sports at 2020 Dubai International Basketball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not choose all of them. Thirdy, Abando, and ildefonso.

So they can play internationally. And we can assess if who needs to stay and who to cut. Thats the only way we can know who is right.

A lot of people said Abueva and Rosario will play well in Fiba. But its proven that it is not the case.

So in order to completely assess, they must be all chosen. If only abando is not in UST.

All of them have strengths and weaknesses naman. It is a matter of how they will blend to the new coach of gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
      Yeah, thats my point because you said earlier that thirdy is in in gilas and abando is out, So you concluded thirdy is better than abando by SBP evaluators as you said.

If thats your point. We also saw our best defenders(Pingris, Norwood) being eaten alive by international scorers. Haddadi ate pingris, bahrami ate norwood. And that is only iran standard. In world cup, they cannot defend elite scorers. The reason I am choosing Abando is because
      atleast there will be times that his shooting will be on. If dave can do it, I believe rhenz can also do.

I will not choose among them. If i will cut someone from dave, abando, and thirdy, I will cut thirdy because he is not fit.
      He is too small for a forward, and too slow for a guard.

And yeah, thats the reason I want abando to be in. So we can see his performance internationally.

Dave and Thirdy already played internationally. Dave has the better performance. We need to see abando too
      Someone mentioned that Abando is better NOW than Thirdy.... Which i beg to disagree and maybe the ciaching staff also, remember Abando is not included i. The 24man pool for Feb window but Thirdy is in.... I would agree that Abando can be better than Thirdy and better fit for Gilas by 2023 but to say him better thab Thirdy is prospesterous...

Comment

• Wright Pogoy, Lassiter etc are decent enough shooters and ball handlers in the PBA but sucked internationally. And they are as tall or taller than Thirdy or Abando. Hell Bolick is 6'1 and he's a PG. Those 2 haven't proven anything yet outside the UAAP.

What's Abando 's real measurements? People initially said that he's 6'4 now he's 6'1 na? I thought he's gonna challenge Kobe as the best local wing in the UAAP but for me he's still below Dave/Thirdy/Kobe.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
          Someone mentioned that Abando is better NOW than Thirdy.... Which i beg to disagree and maybe the ciaching staff also, remember Abando is not included i. The 24man pool for Feb window but Thirdy is in.... I would agree that Abando can be better than Thirdy and better fit for Gilas by 2023 but to say him better thab Thirdy is prospesterous...
          For NOW, I would say Thirdy is a better overall player, but Rhenz is a better fit especially with eurostyle

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
            For NOW, I would say Thirdy is a better overall player, but Rhenz is a better fit especially with eurostyle
            That i would agree... If Abando can improve his physique, be consiatent and grow some balls for pressure situation...

Comment

That i would agree... If Abando can improve his physique, be consiatent and grow some balls for pressure situation...
              Exactly he has a good baseline of what Gilas needs as a two just slightly undersized.

Comment

Exactly he has a good baseline of what Gilas needs as a two just slightly undersized.

Comment

• Any links for today’s game outside phils ?
                  I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                    Wright Pogoy, Lassiter etc are decent enough shooters and ball handlers in the PBA but sucked internationally. And they are as tall or taller than Thirdy or Abando. Hell Bolick is 6'1 and he's a PG. Those 2 haven't proven anything yet outside the UAAP.

What's Abando 's real measurements? People initially said that he's 6'4 now he's 6'1 na? I thought he's gonna challenge Kobe as the best local wing in the UAAP but for me he's still below Dave/Thirdy/Kobe.
                    Abando is a guard. He is the best catch and shoot guy of the 4. Definitely not 6'4 but I wouldnt be surprised if he has a higher wingspan than the 6'4 Wright. The next evolution for him is his off the dribble game and better D. Even a diminished Hontiveros was a weapon for Tab in his over achieving Asia cup team. Abando is only a bit of polishing to Dondons skillset. He would surely be useful for Gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRRC View Post
                      Any links for today’s game outside phils ?
                      1 views, 15 likes, 0 loves, 16 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Schyzzhls Yow: (91) MIGHTY SPORTS PHILIPPINES VS (77) BEIRUT SPORTS CLUB Dubai Basketball Championships

Comment

• Michael Williams is how Gilas PG should play, not ball heavy, just picking his spot but deadly from 3...Talagang pang Fiba ang laro... Pringle is more flashy but Williams is more effective for Fiba games...

Comment

• For those looking for replays,however the commentators speak arabic

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Michael Williams is how Gilas PG should play, not ball heavy, just picking his spot but deadly from 3...Talagang pang Fiba ang laro... Pringle is more flashy but Williams is more effective for Fiba games...
                            With mostly ineligibles we could form a team strong enough to compete against a g league team and strong enough to beat any Asian nt(maybe even Australia without the NBA players).With guys like Stephen Holt,Mihk Mckinney,Boogie Ellis,Harper jr.,Millora Brown etc. what more if the team have 3 American imports?

We could even beat the crap out of strong Asian teams that we have trouble of beating without a naturalized player. However there will always be Filipino purists looking for "pure pinoy" players.Maybe mighty sports can form a team of ineligible players if not most ineligibles in the Asian games.
                            Last edited by Alex07; 01-28-2020, 07:36 PM.
                            "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                              With mostly ineligibles we could form a team strong enough to compete against a g league team and strong enough to beat any Asian nt(maybe even Australia without the NBA players).With guys like Stephen Holt,Mihk Mckinney,Boogie Ellis,Harper jr.,Millora Brown etc. what more if the team have 3 American imports?

We could even beat the crap out of strong Asian teams that we have trouble of beating without a naturalized player. However there will always be Filipino purists looking for "pure pinoy" players.Maybe mighty sports can form a team of ineligible players if not most ineligibles in the Asian games.

Ok, if you count Asian Games Gold as one of prestigious titles an NT can win, then yes, the FIBA-Ineligible NT is relevant. But outside of that, this NT is going nowhere. SEA Games? Jones Cup? Summer Invitationals like those in Macau? No thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                                Ok, if you count Asian Games Gold as one of prestigious titles an NT can win, then yes, the FIBA-Ineligible NT is relevant. But outside of that, this NT is going nowhere. SEA Games? Jones Cup? Summer Invitationals like those in Macau? No thanks.
                                I did not say that the asian games is as prestigious as the fiba championships,that is but your own interpretation.All i am sayong is that we have good enough ineligibles that could dominate the asian scene if given the chance to play for the national team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information