No announcement yet.

Olympic Qualifying Tournament - SERBIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont agree with you guys. Denver uses Jokic as point center. He is the main creator and this changes all defensive habits and the geometry of the team/court. Adapting in such a system is not very easy to realize especially not in that time. You can of course let him create insight altough he is much better creating from outside.

Comment

With what you are concretely not agreeing? With Malone, one of the best coaches in the NBA, being in Serbian coaching staff? I cannot believe what I read.

Usually Serbs are incredibly critical to their national team but I haven't read one single opinion whether from fans nor from experts that think that this is a bad move.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
        With what you are concretely not agreeing? With Malone, one of the best coaches in the NBA, being in Serbian coaching staff? I cannot believe what I read.

Usually Serbs are incredibly critical to their national team but I haven't read one single opinion whether from fans nor from experts that think that this is a bad move.
        Not with Melone. He will certainly helpful but using Jokic in the way Melone is using him in Denver wont be that easy. You can have him, i dont mind. :P

Comment

We are not the Denver Nuggets nor should we be (out of various reasons). But it opens a lot of additional problems to our opponents if we use Jokic as center and not in dinosaur combinations with Marjanovic, Raduljica or simmilar type of players. This could be seen in 2016 where we played very good basketball. There are many restrictions like defensive three seconds which change the environment drastically. But it's not the point. It's also not the point if he will have 30/15/10 or 20/7/3 - it's a question of maximizing his strenghts. And in this direction I absolutely agree with Layup's post.

Jokic is by far our best player, he has incredible production at the low post, he can spread, im some situations he is pretty indefendable. I think that this could look very good with this roster. If it will be like that, I don't know. My expectations are quite high if everyone is healthy.

Comment

It won't be easy and I don't expect to see miracles in such a short time for preparations prior to the start of Qualifiers, but Serbian team has everything truly needed to deploy Jokić-ball in full capacity. Plenty of shooters, cutters and pretty decent perimeter defenders. Not to mention that Jokić with Teo, Bogdan and Micić will be a huge weapon in p&r sets as either finisher or facilitator when defenses collapse at him rolling to the basket, imagine leaving Bogdan, Bjelica alone in the corner, it's a piece of cake for Jokić. But for starters, use him solely as C, spread the floor, share the ball, and that alone will make this team unpredictable and very hard to stop. And I don't even think about all those sets and plays you can execute with Jokić in the low post, high post or simply by using DHO-s on the perimeter.

Bogdan and Bjelica are automatic from the long range, Micić and Teo are more often than not snipers, Gudurić is a good spot up shooter, Nedović is a bit streaky but also very dangerous. Then you have players that fit the profile of off-ball players or cutters in Jokić's offense, such as Lučić, Kalinić, Jović and Nedović (I think Nedović's athleticism will be deadly with Jokić if he would commit to a bit more off-ball role). Just mix it up, 2-3 shooters, 1-2 cutters should always be on the floor with Jokić, and it's a big trouble for teams to defend inside-outside game for 40 minutes. The main principle would be to use Jokić as C all the time.

The biggest challenge for Kokoškov will be to give a meaningful role to all of our players who really like to handle the ball and make plays, so that no one would feel alienated from the team's identity or playing in some kind of discomfort.

Comment

Hard to see anyone challenging Serbia. Talent wise in this tournament I think Italy's the only one who's close. Neutral site they might pull the upset, but beating a loaded Serbian team in Serbia seems too much to ask.
              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

I cannot remember a lost game against Italy since 1997 group stage. We really fit them maybe worst of all teams in FIBA and they fit us the most. But their strengths are well known. We need a good day to beat them, they need a perfect day to beat us. On the other hand, a loss against anyone else except them I would consider one of the greatest losses in our basketball history under those circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                  I cannot remember a lost game against Italy since 1997 group stage. We really fit them maybe worst of all teams in FIBA and they fit us the most. But their strengths are well known. We need a good day to beat them, they need a perfect day to beat us. On the other hand, a loss against anyone else except them I would consider one of the greatest losses in our basketball history under those circumstances.
                  Don t you remember EuroBasket 99?

We have few chances(15/20% not more in my opinioni),in order to raise them we need our best players in good shape(For example datome that never play in good shape with NT except one or maybe two tournaments)

I hope to see di vincenzo and mannion in belgrade but actually is very hard

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                    Don t you remember EuroBasket 99?

We have few chances(15/20% not more in my opinioni),in order to raise them we need our best players in good shape(For example datome that never play in good shape with NT except one or maybe two tournaments)

I hope to see di vincenzo and mannion in belgrade but actually is very hard
                    Of course I do, sorry! But it's really long time gone since then. Great battles against your team back then. There is a lot time until end of June and we have to see first rosters, injuries, form etc. In one game literally everyone can beat everyone so this procentual chances don't mean anything. Pressure will be high on Serbia. We don't play good usually in this games. I expect a final Serbia - Italy.

Comment

Serbia will do a preparation from 22nd of June for one week at Kopaonik mountain with national team (missing players will be of course from NBA, ACB and Germany (just Lucic). Maybe we will see some question marks turning into exclamation marks considering roster for next year.

Comment

When can we expect this list to come out? NBA players are out, but what about Smailagić? Warriors are done for the season, won't be playing in this new NBA format for the remainder of the season, so he might be available. He's got very interesting and unusual skill set for a big man and he is really fun to watch. Petrušev? Would love to see him among those names. Radanov, Ilić, Trifunović, Jaramaz are definitely in as younger prospects, probably Pecarski and Simanić too. Too early for Pokuševski and Nakić (if he decides to play for Serbia).

It will be interesting to see which group of those younger players will Kokoškov highlight as favorites to make the team in the next cycle. We will definitely need refreshments very soon, some players are not getting any younger (Teo, Bjelica in the first place). Finding replacement for Bjelica is going to be of huge importance. This is a good chance for Kokoškov to try out some of these young forwards (Ilić, Simanić) and especially get familiar with Smailagić/Petrušev and see if one of them could be used as a PF (I think Smailagić will have ability to play both PF/C).

Comment

Smailagic is working out in Belgrade at the moment, if contract allows him to join (even I don't know why it shouldn't) he cuold show up.

I expect the list of participants at Sunday, as usually being communicated via KSS. The golden target of Serbia is surely Tristan Vukcevic but he is way too young to know if he can seriously participate in senior basketball as for all young players. I agree that PF is the most critical spots the upcoming years, all other positions are pretty stacked and and promising and Senior national team members in their best age.

Comment

Miloš Teodosić (Virtus), Vasilije Micić (Efes), Stefan Jović (Himki), Nemanja Nedović (trenutno bez kluba), Nikola Kalinić (Fenerbahče), Miroslav Raduljica (Đijangsu), Branko Lazić, Dejan Davidovac, Ognjen DobrićOgnjen Kuzmić, Nikola Jovanović, Boriša Simanić (Crvena zvezda), Novica Veličković, Stefan Birčević, Rade Zagorac, Ognjen Jaramaz, Nikola Janković, Uroš Trifunović (Partizan), Nikola Rebić, Luka Ašćerić (Mega), Aleksa Avramović, Nemanja Dangubić (Estudijantes), Stefan Pot, Stefan Đorđević , Marko Pecarski, Aleksa Radanov (FMP), Dalibor Ilić (Igokea), Stefan Janković (Kepital siti Go-Go), Aleksej Pokuševski (Olimpijakos), Filip Petrušev (Gonzaga) i Luka Mitrović (Mursija).

Except Milutinov all non NBA, non Germans and non Spaniards are present for the training camp. Some very interesting young guns like Trifunovic, Pokusevski, Radanov, Ilic, Pecarski and Petrusev have been called up. Training will be led from assistants Deki Milojevic and Vlada Jovanovic.

Comment

Training camp cancelled due to COVID-19 risk. Good decision after latest developments.

Comment

Thought about both variations now:

Teodosic / Jovic / Micic
                                Nedovic / Jaramaz / Avramovic (Marinkovic)
                                Lucic / Kalinic
                                Jagodic-Kuridza / ?
                                Milutinov / Raduljica

vs

Teodosic / Jovic / Micic
                                Bogdanovic / Nedovic / Jaramaz (Marinkovic/Avramovic/Guduric)
                                Lucic/Kalinic
                                Bjelica/Smailagic
                                Jokic/Milutinov (Marjanovic/Radujlica)

I think we still could compete for a medal with NBAless rosters of all team but loss of equality is gigantic.
                                I think Italy will be hurt a lot with NBAless roster in Belgrade even they can put up a very interesting team. Spissu - Vitali - Datome - Gentile - Brooks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information