View Poll Results: Which team qualifies for Tokyo?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dominican Republic

0 0%
  • Italy

2 10.00%
  • New Zealand

1 5.00%
  • Puerto Rico

0 0%
  • Senegal

1 5.00%
  • Serbia

16 80.00%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic Qualifying Tournament - SERBIA

There had been talk about Donte DiVincenzo suiting up for Italy in the past, and if he's somehow on the roster for the Belgrade tournament he could be a game changer for Gli Azzurri. Gotta imagine it's unlikely unless the Bucks flame out in the first round. Any Italians have an update on this?

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nationa...lian-passport/

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    There had been talk about Donte DiVincenzo suiting up for Italy in the past, and if he's somehow on the roster for the Belgrade tournament he could be a game changer for Gli Azzurri. Gotta imagine it's unlikely unless the Bucks flame out in the first round. Any Italians have an update on this?

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nationa...lian-passport/
    DiVincenzo will not play for Italy in June
    Donte DiVincenzo will not play for Italy’s National Team in the upcoming Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Belgrade.

The Milwaukee Bucks guard is highly unlikely to get the Italian passport before June when the tournament wil be played.

Italian Basketball Federation is working since months to get the passport for the former NCAA champion but covid pandemic slowed downs things.

Italy will have Paolo Banchero as naturalized player in Belgrade. The five-star prospect has yet to debut with Italy since he got the passport a few months ago.

The news was reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport.
    https://sportando.basketball/en/dont...ng-tournament/

Ahh missed this. Much obliged.

Preliminary 25-roster of the Blues for this campaign:

Miloš Teodosić
    Stefan Jović
    Vasilije Micić
    Aleksa Avramović
    Bogdan Bogdanović
    Nemanja Nedović
    Danilo Anđušić
    Ognjen Jaramaz
    Branko Lazić
    Vanja Marinković
    Nikola Kalinić
    Vladimir Lučić
    Ognjen Dobrić
    Dragan Milosavljević
    Marko Gudurić
    Aleksej Pokuševski
    Nemanja Bjelica
    Dejan Davidovac
    Alen Smailagić
    Filip Petrušev
    Dalibor Ilić
    Nikola Milutinov
    Boban Marjanović
    Miroslav Raduljica
    Nikola Jokić

Gathering in Belgrade of guys who aren't playing finals / playoffs in their competitions will be 12th of June in Belgrade. Afterwards Acropolis tournament.

Even tho you more or less know all the names that Serbia can gather together, it still looks sick list everytime you see it

We have one additional friendly in front of tournament, our guests haven't been revealed right now - I hope for someone like Germany that play in nearby Split.

Games of OQT won't be played in Arena but in beloved old Pionir.

This 25 players roster is definitely the best we have right now. But the actual roster that will compete in Belgrade might look very differently. Still, it's good that Kokoskov showed recognition and respect to some players that won't be in final the roster, but contributed during Eurobasket qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
    Still, it's good that Kokoskov showed recognition and respect to some players that won't be in final the roster, but contributed during Eurobasket qualifiers.
    Smart of the coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Preliminary 25-roster of the Blues for this campaign:

Miloš Teodosić
    Stefan Jović
    Vasilije Micić
    Aleksa Avramović
    Bogdan Bogdanović
    Nemanja Nedović
    Danilo Anđušić
    Ognjen Jaramaz
    Branko Lazić
    Vanja Marinković
    Nikola Kalinić
    Vladimir Lučić
    Ognjen Dobrić
    Dragan Milosavljević
    Marko Gudurić
    Aleksej Pokuševski
    Nemanja Bjelica
    Dejan Davidovac
    Alen Smailagić
    Filip Petrušev
    Dalibor Ilić
    Nikola Milutinov
    Boban Marjanović
    Miroslav Raduljica
    Nikola Jokić

Gathering in Belgrade of guys who aren't playing finals / playoffs in their competitions will be 12th of June in Belgrade. Afterwards Acropolis tournament.
    roster indeed impressive. I have few questions:

Will Teo ego will agree to play from bench behind Micic and Bogdanovic?

Who serbians consider their best Sf today : Guduric,Kalinic,Lucic ?

Who is main PF on this team or again will go with 2 centers lineups like in 2019 ? Bjelica for me looked bad this season and dont have same movement as used to have.

will growing legend of Poku in usa land help him make serbian team ?
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-01-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    roster indeed impressive. I have few questions:

Will Teo ego will agree to play from bench behind Micic and Bogdanovic?

Who serbians consider their best Sf today : Guduric,Kalinic,Lucic ?

Who is main PF on this team or again will go with 2 centers lineups like in 2019 ? Bjelica for me looked bad this season and dont have same movement as used to have.

will growing legend of Poku in usa land help him make serbian team ?
    I really don't know Teo personally but he came of the bench often last years and cannot assume who is more popular among Serbians as SF. In Serbia it's difficult to say because KKCZ-PFC rivalry. Fans claim Lučić if black and Kalinić if red-white. We are pretty primitive i this regard. Gudurić's only pro is that Igor is coaching him, I see him in this roster for some special tasks and lineups but not more because he simply hasn't anything some other hasn't way better except pure shooting which is overrated in this tournaments as basic skillset. Shot in this tournaments is like cheap women. Comes and goes.

For Poku I heard that Kokoškov has some plans but I don't consider them realistic, would be a surprise to me even I would like it somehow. He is All Star potential in my opinion and future leader of this team. I am huge Bjelica fan so I am not neutral but for my basketball understanding Kalinić and Petrušev are more likely to play PF under Kokoškov than Beli, both for their own reasons. Besides all Bjelica is most talented of all of them even now. But I share your opinion that agility is an issue. Like for all players in his ageand position.

Until now it's all speculation because everything will depend on availability of Jokić and Bogdanović in this tournament. I suppose roster could drastically change if we qualify.

If its allowed to share other than Serbian opinions here I would choose Kalinic as someone who doesnt demand the ball at all and a great defender with a strong body. Lucic can surely shoot the ball better and he is also not a bad defender himself but not Kalinics dimension. I think the Serbs missed him in the 2019 wc a lot.

Guduric would be a suicide defensively and he was really in bad shape the last Series against Karsiyaka in the Turkish BSL

To me by the way it's not even likely that Kalinic will play this position in national team, he doesn't play it in Valencia and seeing Kokoskov's system in both Fener and with Slovenia 2017 for me highly unlikely that a player of Kalinic type will play SF. For me more likely that even guards will fill this spot than swingman from what I have seen. I simply don't see what Kalinic can give this team as small forward if you're putting him even more away from the post where he is most efficient. Generally double big man line ups are in reportoire of Kokoskov sets but here more likely Petrusev + C lineup. Ironically I think that Lucic and Kalinic could cooperate quite well if both on the floor at same time.

I still think that Andjusic would be a great adding to this team even it would bring hysteria among many zvezda fans. Guy is playing fantastic season is very versatile and has fast legs for his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    New Zeland withdraws and Philippines joins in. Not that I was very surprised by this NZ decision, lately they also decided to withdraw their football club from FIFA Club World Cup. Anyway, I'm happy for Philippines, bball crazy nation
    Very much looking into it, these young Gilas needs a lot of hard games to prepare for Fiba Asia and eventually at the WC23.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Very much looking into it, these young Gilas needs a lot of hard games to prepare for Fiba Asia and eventually at the WC23.
    It's been a while since I visited Philippines NT section, are there any changes regarding OQT or still the same plan to come with younger squad/reserves?

It's been a while since I visited Philippines NT section, are there any changes regarding OQT or still the same plan to come with younger squad/reserves?
    Still the same young squad plus a new NP and probably the 19yr old Kai Sotto.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Still the same young squad plus a new NP and probably the 19yr old Kai Sotto.
    Thnx. Btw is this new NP should be that Kouame guy or some new options appeared?

Thnx. Btw is this new NP should be that Kouame guy or some new options appeared?
    For the OQT, yes its Kouame.

This QT will be joke for Serbia. I expect big fight in Olympic for the gold. It all depends which 'Dream team' will be there. I am just sorry that Doncic doesn't play for Serbia because it would be epic final.

Puerto Rico announced their list with some notable absentees: no matter how new GM Carlos Arroyo tried to persuade him to play, but JJ Barea decided to skip this summer and dedicate it to family as it was a tough season for him. Shabazz Napier also withdrew, also there is no Mo Harkless (Sacramento Kings), Tremont Waters (Celtics), John Holland (Unics Kazan,RUS). Some veterans lie Angel Rodriguez, Franklin, Clemente, Mojica also are not part of the squad anymore. On enotable come back is Tyler Davis, who spend some time in Oklahoma, more in their G-League team, and recently played in South Korea

They are generally in heavy downfall last 5-6 years. Maybe they cann stick together with this different group. Watched Holland this year a few games, he watched brilliant. Maybe biggest loss of them this year.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast