View Poll Results: Which team is going to Tokyo?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angola

0 0%
  • Lithuania

16 51.61%
  • Poland

1 3.23%
  • Slovenia

12 38.71%
  • South Korea

1 3.23%
  • Venezuela

1 3.23%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic Qualifying Tournament - LITHUANIA

People should watch more Mavericks before talking about situation.

1. It's not true that KP was better in New York. He had better counting numbers because he was playing for losing team, but he's efficiency was really bad. His efficiency is much better in Mavs.

2. He's not a C, if he's not rim protector. He's playing as 3 in offence.

3. Luka is playing without problems with Powell, Boban, WCS or Tobey, because they can roll.

4. What is a point of having 7'3 guy, if he's not rim protector and he has 0 post moves?
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    People should watch more Mavericks before talking about situation.

1. It's not true that KP was better in New York. He had better counting numbers because he was playing for losing team, but he's efficiency was really bad. His efficiency is much better in Mavs.

2. He's not a C, if he's not rim protector. He's playing as 3 in offence.

3. Luka is playing without problems with Powell, Boban, WCS or Tobey, because they can roll.

4. What is a point of having 7'3 guy, if he's not rim protector and he has 0 post moves?
    Carlisle wants 4 guys out with Luka in the offense but yes KP is a 7'3 shooting guard not more but he was protecting the rim and he was quite good doing it but Giannis injury made him very anxious.

KP was phenomenal for the Mavs at times, especially in the Bubble before getting injured. Completely checked out this season. In any event, he’s no Mike Tobey…

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    KP was phenomenal for the Mavs at times, especially in the Bubble before getting injured. Completely checked out this season. In any event, he’s no Mike Tobey…
    Look, he was disastrous in D this year. Offense with his efficiency is really not that important, especially if he's unplayable in D.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-19-2021 at 10:08 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It's really easy KP is not C, he's SF, who cannot create anything, hidden in 7'3 body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Carlisle wants 4 guys out with Luka in the offense but yes KP is a 7'3 shooting guard not more....
    Would slotting a 7'3" player in at SG/SF not have been the decision of Coach Rick Carlisle? Combined with first round playoff exits, would that not be reason enough to fire Carlisle right there?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Would slotting a 7'3" player in at SG/SF not have been the decision of Coach Rick Carlisle? Combined with first round playoff exits, would that not be reason enough to fire Carlisle right there?

Carlisle is not guilty for KP's total physical regression and he's not guilty for disastrous trade Curry/Richardson. Clippers were clear favourites before playoffs, losing only 4:3 was more or less miracle done by Luka and in lesser extent THJ.

Carlisle can't play KP much differently, because KP is not playing like a big. He doesn't posses skills that bigs need.
    previously known as Beno

Dončič is so good at p'n'r and if he's willing to pass he's becoming even more dangerous than trying to win it by himself (gets gassed eventually). I really looking forward how Lithuania will use Valanciunas. At offensive end he would probably collect his 15-20pts in some 24min. and we need his impact, his elite rebounding, but he will get abused at the defensive end in p'n'r situations, abused badly. I think, if Lithuania wants to control the game and to have an edge over Slovenia, we should bring as much switch all ability as possible and the help defence should be super intense and hard. If we will involve into an open offensive game with Slovenia, I think Slovenia will outscore us, even though this Lithuanian NT is also good offensive team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhznzB3l_s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Watched on youtube Slovenia-Croatia that slovenian-american pikenrool works nicely.

Croatia looked limited team , good news for them Bogdanovich is comming and he alone makes them alot more dangerous.

What makes Doncic special he has 22 young body and have 35old veteran basketball mind .

im letting Luka play 1 vs 1 and score 30pts but limit his assists numbers involving others thats the way to go with him from my eyes.

Valanciunas and Sabonis first half job should be put that american in faul trouble to limit his minutes on the court and force Slovenia put Dimec at C.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 06-21-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Watched on youtube Slovenia-Croatia that slovenian-american pikenrool works nicely.

Croatia looked limited team , good news for them Bogdanovich is comming and he alone makes them alot more dangerous.

What makes Doncic special he has 22 young body and have 35old veteran basketball mind .

im letting Luka play 1 vs 1 and score 30pts but limit his assists numbers involving others thats the way to go with him from my eyes.

Valanciunas and Sabonis first half job should be put that american in faul trouble to limit his minutes on the court and force Slovenia put Dimec at C.
    You can say the name “Mike Tobey.” Pretty easy, way less letters than you’re used to typing.

American has 8 letters and Mike Tobey 9 (10 with space) - so Shawshank is pretty effective, though.

You can say the name “Mike Tobey.” Pretty easy, way less letters than you’re used to typing.
    If he would wear USA jersey i would call him Mike Tobey. With Slovenian jersey he is "american" to me.

Fair enough. I’m gonna start calling Domas “The American” then too. Born and raised in Portland, developed at Gonzaga. Hopefully it doesn’t get too confusing with all the Americans in here.

Fair enough. I’m gonna start calling Domas “The American” then too. Born and raised in Portland, developed at Gonzaga. Hopefully it doesn’t get too confusing with all the Americans in here.
    Domas has 5 letters, you should stay with Domas.

He was born is States. Raised in Spain. Thus, please. The Spanish guy
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Quote Originally Posted by Miškinis View Post
    He was born is States. Raised in Spain. Thus, please. The Spanish guy
    D...
    I'd suggest my fellow liths to stop getting their panties in a twist over this "monster" Mike Tobey which those pesky slovenians hired just to counter our NBA star studded front line lol...it's not like he's Nikola Jokic or Joel Embiid at the end of the day - he won't be a difference maker

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    D...
    I'd suggest my fellow liths to stop getting their panties in a twist over this "monster" Mike Tobey which those pesky slovenians hired just to counter our NBA star studded front line lol...it's not like he's Nikola Jokic or Joel Embiid at the end of the day - he won't be a difference maker

This Robin Hood looks like Grigonis. (Sorry for offtopic in offtopic )

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not thick - I understand why my local tribesmen are so vocal about this matter, with this fellow Tobey having no connections to the glorious land of Slovenia and yada yada and so on...but our own NBA All Star Domas was born in the States, raised in the sunny Spain and speaks our language in a heavy American accent D I guess you can tell where I'm going here in my rant lol

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    ...but our own NBA All Star Domas was born in the States ... and speaks our language in a heavy American accent D....
    I've listened to his recent interviews and Domantas speaks Lithuanian very well though.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast