View Poll Results: Which team is going to Tokyo?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angola

0 0%
  • Lithuania

16 51.61%
  • Poland

1 3.23%
  • Slovenia

12 38.71%
  • South Korea

1 3.23%
  • Venezuela

1 3.23%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic Qualifying Tournament - LITHUANIA

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Yeah, I know that story and I actually love Luka fired back to that punk gambler. I'm sure Luka would find markets in the NBA LOL. Such punks have no say to prodigy Luka who sweats everyday in the gym. Fucking gamblers...Good riddance. I respect Marc Cuban, but Voulgaris can GTFO.

Why exactly Voulgaris bad guy here?

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    No biggie. Not worth to continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/06/...-carlisle.html

Luka supposedly asked Carlisle during the game, who is the coach, him or Voulgaris?
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-18-2021 at 09:41 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/06/...-carlisle.html

Luka supposedly asked Carlisle during the game, who is the coach, him or Voulgaris?

"Voulgaris, sitting with an open laptop in his typical courtside seat across from the Mavericks’ bench, motioned downward with his hands"

The horror!!!

On the other hand, his stands vision is even better than his court vision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-lbmsrMbJ0

Friendly against Croatia, Luka 17 assists, Tobey 26 points and index 37.

It looks only KP cannot get assists from Luka.
    previously known as Beno

It looks only KP cannot get assists from Luka.
    It must be like heaven for Tobey for playing alongside Luka. He must be thinking "I was paired with "trash" and didnt even realize it" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    It must be like heaven for Tobey for playing alongside Luka. He must be thinking "I was paired with "trash" and didnt even realize it" or something like that.
    It looked like they have played half a life together. Half of his points were alley oop dunks. On the other hand Luka put on another few kgs in last 10 days. I guess, good local food. Man has a body of recreational player, who likes to eat a lot.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-19-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    previously known as Beno

"A guy who won't make any difference anyway"...

"A guy who won't make any difference anyway"...
    A guy, who cannot pass to Porzingis, is making a difference.
    previously known as Beno

A guy, who cannot pass to Porzingis, is making a difference.
    I was talking about Tobey. You guys were saying he'll have little impact.

I was talking about Tobey. You guys were saying he'll have little impact.
    If someone is giving you alley oops every second possession, you will have those numbers. Unfortunately for Mavs Porzingis cannot roll.
    previously known as Beno

Iíve always wondered about why the Doncic/Kristaps dynamic didnít work on a personal level. By all accounts they canít stand each other, which is atypical of Euro teammates in the NBA. Wonder it it goes back to the Eurobasket 2017 beat down Doncic put on the Latvians or Kristapís friendship with Slovenian enemy of the state Sasha Vujacic.

Exclamation

On the other hand Luka put on another few kgs in last 10 days. I guess, good local food.
    Good Slovenian cuisine is probably tough to find in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    I’ve always wondered about why the Doncic/Kristaps dynamic didn’t work on a personal level. By all accounts they can’t stand each other, which is atypical of Euro teammates in the NBA. Wonder it it goes back to the Eurobasket 2017 beat down Doncic put on the Latvians or Kristap’s friendship with Slovenian enemy of the state Sasha Vujacic.
    No. It's really easy KP is not C, he's SF, who cannot create anything, hidden in 7'3 body.
    previously known as Beno

No. It's really easy KP is not C, he's SF, who cannot create anything, hidden in 7'3 body.
    Oh he can create, the problem is that he has been playing like a pussy after Giannis injured him. It turned him to a non contact guy.

So you think the poor basketball fit explains the personal animosity?

I tell you what the problem is. KP reached Allstar level when he was with the Knicks till his injury. He not only scored at high percentage but gave also rim protection etc. When he came to the MAVS the situation in his head was I will be the star alongside Doncic (not the second man) but things didnt turn out like this and now he is jealous.

Oh he can create, the problem is that he has been playing like a pussy after Giannis injured him. It turned him to a non contact guy.
    I've noticed that to be a developing trend in this era of "small ball" among big, tall players, especially the ones who've developed a three point shot. They think their shooting skills obviate the necessity of being a physically intimidating presence down low. Well they're wrong.

Kristaps Porzingis has to start using his size in the paint in order to achieve his full potential. Being a pretty boy at the three point line isn't enough. Yeah, yeah, I know he can dunk when he has an open lane to the basket but who the hell can't dunk these days?

I tell you what the problem is. KP reached Allstar level when he was with the Knicks till his injury. He not only scored at high percentage but gave also rim protection etc. When he came to the MAVS the situation in his head was I will be the star alongside Doncic (not the second man) but things didnt turn out like this and now he is jealous.
    I think you’re probably right. I also believe Luka bears some measure of responsibility for a dynamic that has turned Kristaps completely inward & ready to be traded. I realize he’s still a kid but certain franchise level stars have the ability to elevate their teammates into the best versions of themselves. Doncic gets compared to Magic Johnson all the time, and that’s something Magic understood right away that Luka’s failed to grasp. Surly Doncic realizes that an engaged, positive minded Kristaps gives him the best chance of winning. A few more touches here and there, maybe an arm around him or something to soothe his sensitive Baltic soul. Instead he seemed to freeze him out and treat KP the way Wizards MJ treated teenage rookie Kwame Brown. Again, not defending Kristaps being soft but Doncic hasn’t exactly helped.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    I think you’re probably right. I also believe Luka bears some measure of responsibility for a dynamic that has turned Kristaps completely inward & ready to be traded. I realize he’s still a kid but certain franchise level stars have the ability to elevate their teammates into the best versions of themselves. Doncic gets compared to Magic Johnson all the time, and that’s something Magic understood right away that Luka’s failed to grasp. Surly Doncic realizes that an engaged, positive minded Kristaps gives him the best chance of winning. A few more touches here and there, maybe an arm around him or something to soothe his sensitive Baltic soul. Instead he seemed to freeze him out and treat KP the way Wizards MJ treated teenage rookie Kwame Brown. Again, not defending Kristaps being soft but Doncic hasn’t exactly helped.
    I really don't think Luka is the one to blame here in this particular dynamic...
    Porzingis simply always striked me as a problematic self-obsessed diva with questionable character(he used to get into off-court altercations with random strangers in the past for no particular reason), so if there is one piece of a dynamic here to blame, that's definitely KP. I just think he's massively overrated and his true value is negligible in the grand scheme of things
    Last edited by madmax; 06-19-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast