View Poll Results: Which team is going to Tokyo?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angola

0 0%
  • Lithuania

16 51.61%
  • Poland

1 3.23%
  • Slovenia

12 38.71%
  • South Korea

1 3.23%
  • Venezuela

1 3.23%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic Qualifying Tournament - LITHUANIA

Massive congrats to the newly spawned slovenian from me too!

It looks to me that some here are very afraid of Olympic qualifiers.

Btw. isn't totally unfair that Lithuania has home court advantage in tournament like that?
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It looks to me that some here are very afraid of Olympic qualifiers.
    We noticed

Btw. isn't totally unfair that Lithuania has home court advantage in tournament like that?
    Why? It will be your advantage. The pressure would be all on us even if that would take place in Ljubljana. We never missed Olympic games, it's the key tournament for us when we gather all best players (this season it's also the case, only Ulanovas goes off duo to injury as a lock of NT). I believe playing at home will only bring additional pressure to us. We choked under such conditions in 2011 4finals against Macedonia. Slovenia is tiny NT which never played in Olympics, stands 16th in FIBA rankings. If you will fail, no-one will care too much, for us it will be unprecedented and 2 weeks depression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    We noticed
    Yes words as cheap shot, newly spawned...are not that difficult to notice.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Why? It will be your advantage. The pressure would be all on us even if that would take place in Ljubljana. We never missed Olympic games, it's the key tournament for us when we gather all best players (this season it's also the case, only Ulanovas goes off duo to injury as a lock of NT). I believe playing at home will only bring additional pressure to us. We choked under such conditions in 2011 4finals against Macedonia. Slovenia is tiny NT which never played in Olympics, stands 16th in FIBA rankings. If you will fail, no-one will care too much, for us it will be unprecedented and 2 weeks depression.
    Tiny NT, who has top 5 player in the world and is current Eurobasket champion.

Playing at home is huge advantage in basketball. You're full of fairness, so playing at home looks extremely unfair to me. Or maybe we should understand that rules are the same for everyone and let the best win?
    previously known as Beno

Tiny NT, who has top 5 player in the world and is current Eurobasket champion.

Playing at home is huge advantage in basketball. You're full of fairness, so playing at home looks extremely unfair to me. Or maybe we should understand that rules are the same for everyone?
    Did Slovenian federation even apply for hosting qualification?

Your opinion is very important for people and players in Slovenia. I hope that Tobey doesn't have good game against Lithuania because that would have been totally unfair. Lithuania deserves to qualify.
    Did Slovenian federation even apply for hosting qualification?
    I don't know, but it's obvious that Lithuania applied to have an advantage in comparison to others, like Slovenia has taken advantage of foreign rule.
    previously known as Beno

I don't know, but it's obvious that Lithuania applied to have an advantage in comparison to others, like Slovenia has taken advantage of foreign rule.
    It's not the same. To apply for hosting and to grab random guy to your team. Again, Tobey has nothing to do with Slovenia. Nothing, zero. He's an alien, stranger, passerby. At least he would play in Slovenian club or whatever, no it's just out of the blew sky

It's not the same. To apply for hosting and to grab random guy to your team. Again, Tobey has nothing to do with Slovenia. Nothing, zero. He's an alien, stranger, passerby. At least he would play in Slovenian club or whatever, no it's just out of the blew sky
    I don't know what good will all this crying about something totally by the rule bring, but it won't hurt Slovenian NT for sure, so be my guest and continue.
    previously known as Beno

It never will help to earn respect as NT either. I respected Slovenia in 00s, now it's sellouts since 2017. Also it means Slovenia gives passports for no reason, just randomly. What does it say about the country? We gave Brazdeikis passport because he was born in Lithuania, he lived here, he talks Lithuanian, both parents are Lithuanians. That I can understand, but just to give random American a passport in a force majure manner...That's low, and Slovenian NT is just a bunch of conformists since 2017. Donic as well, he would have a word on it and it would be more than heard, but he's ain't talking. Respect to Croatia though and I hope other countries will follow which respect national teams competition. The aim is not to equalize all teams, the aim is to compete between NATIONAL teams.

It never will help to earn respect as NT either. I respected Slovenia in 00s, now it's sellouts since 2017. Also it means Slovenia gives passports for no reason, just randomly. What does it say about the country? We gave Brazdeikis passport because he was born in Lithuania, he lived here, he talks Lithuanian, both parents are Lithuanians. That I can understand, but just to give random American a passport in a force majure manner...That's low, and Slovenian NT is just a bunch of conformists since 2017. Donic as well, he would have a word on it and it would be more than heard, but he's ain't talking. Respect to Croatia though and I hope other countries will follow which respect national teams competition. The aim is not to equalize all teams, the aim is to compete between NATIONAL teams.
    I understand, no respect. On the other hand people from Slovenia weren't too depressed about that in 2017.

https://youtu.be/pK6X6BBE7_M
    previously known as Beno

Our federation had hard time over a year to return Brazdeikis his citizenship he got automatically when he born in kaunas back in 99, because in ltu citizenship is not thing you can buy if you lose it.

In Slovenia it seems few weeks and it's all good with this American case there you have a Slovenian passport.

That American never even visit Slovenia right?

Russia and Croatia NT was doing that but after few tournament their best players said if federation again gonna bring random American we are not playing.

I know well if ever our federation would even suggest get some random American our players won't need even few tournaments like half of team wouldn't show up to camp.

Pride and history our NT team build in basketball in all those decades we are not putting dirt on it and go cheat code and naturalise American pg we needed badly always.

Our NT had heartbreaks from Holden's Russia or Macedonia's mclabebs, but at that end of the that lietuva NT where our NBA millionaires comming and playing hard for free for their home country.

If our federation start paying money to random American that would be disgrace to those ltu players that represented our nation colours from deep inside,not because they got paid.

NT is not clubs and if nt change diffrent American and pay him money to play for their nation colors every years that's looks really pathetic.

Either way that American have no shot againts Sabonis and Valanciunas inside.

Only Doncic gives them fighting shot.

I don't know what good will all this crying about something totally by the rule bring, but it won't hurt Slovenian NT for sure, so be my guest and continue.
    Cut the crap. Do you admit to being in favour of FIBA's naturalization rule in general? Would you still be in favour of the rule if and when say Luka Dončić or some other Slovenian star went under the knife in some secret clinic to change his nationality to Spanish or French because that's where the big Euros are?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Massive congrats to the newly spawned slovenian from me too!

Mikola Tobić! I wonder how long it will take him before he can order a Big Mac in Ljubljana?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Cut the crap. Do you admit to being in favour of FIBA's naturalization rule in general? Would you still be in favour of the rule if and when say Luka Dončić or some other Slovenian star went under the knife in some secret clinic to change his nationality to Spanish or French because that's where the big Euros are?

It's really simple, there's 0 bigs in Slovenia. Not because of bad basketball school, but because of genetics in 2 mio population. Slovenia can give passport to solid big or stop competing for next 10 years. So sure I like the rule for Slovenia. And like someone said Tobey won't be game changer against Lithuania, he means only not playing Dimec for 40 minutes.

Luka's next contract is 200 mio worth.
    previously known as Beno

Mikola Tobić! I wonder how long it will take him before he can order a Big Mac in Ljubljana?

how could anyone not marvel at these expressive slavic features this fella possesses?
    At least the guy seems to be of white heritage, which is already a big step up from Antolphin Randolphic...D

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    how could anyone not marvel at these expressive slavic features this fella possesses?
    At least the guy seems to be of white heritage, which is already a big step up from Antolphin Randolphic...D
    I was sure that this conversation will end with racist remarks. No disappointment here.
    previously known as Beno

It's really simple, there's 0 bigs in Slovenia. Not because of bad basketball school, but because of genetics in 2 mio population.
    Luka's next contract is 200 mio worth.
    Huh? What's wrong with Alen Omić?

Huh? What's wrong with Alen Omić?

He's naturalized too and in bad relationships with KZS because of Eurobasket 2017.
    previously known as Beno

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast