View Poll Results: Which team is going to Tokyo?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brazil

    2 11.76%
  • Croatia

    7 41.18%
  • Germany

    8 47.06%
  • Mexico

    0 0%
  • Russia

    0 0%
  • Tunisia

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Olympic Qualifying Tournament - CROATIA

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,367
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fasoulaki View Post
    At the end Germans had better defense and Mexicans were out of power.
    Yeah it happens if you rely on 2-3 old guys. The Germans were taller than the Mexicans.
    Last edited by Toruko; 06-30-2021 at 06:37 PM.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,824
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    Mexico looking to upset the Russians.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,533
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Mexico looking to upset the Russians.
    Say what you will about Shved, but Russia clearly needs someone who can score. That roster looks pretty awful. Does anyone play basketball in Russian anymore?
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,367
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Say what you will about Shved, but Russia clearly needs someone who can score. That roster looks pretty awful. Does anyone play basketball in Russian anymore?
    Just foreigners.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,533
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Just foreigners.
    You know they are in trouble when you have to dig up Mozgov. AK 47 has got a lot of work to do.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,824
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    Where's Shved?

  7. #47
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    You know they are in trouble when you have to dig up Mozgov. AK 47 has got a lot of work to do.
    and to think this is actually a country with such rich basketball traditions, this kind of downfall is truly a head-scratcher imo

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,367
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Wow what a fight in Split and I must say Croatia and Turkey have similarities basketball wise. With a good play maker they could be both very solid teams.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Dtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,593
    Country: United States

    Default

    Wasn't expecting Brazil to crush Croatia like that, Americas teams representing well.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

    Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,909
    Country: Canada

    Exclamation

    Yes they are! And Uruguay-Czech Republic, Philippines-Dominican Republic and Italy-Puerto Rico should be good ones tomorrow.


  11. #51
    Senior Member Miškinis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    663
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    and to think this is actually a country with such rich basketball traditions, this kind of downfall is truly a head-scratcher imo
    You should have more faith in your "tribe", Maksim
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

  12. #52
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,797
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Wow what a fight in Split and I must say Croatia and Turkey have similarities basketball wise. With a good play maker they could be both very solid teams.
    Croatia would be great with just a decent eurocup level PG, without it and without Sarić + Simon that know how to create for others, it'll be tough.
    Not to mention I don't think they ever had as unimpressive backcourt backups in the rotation as Rogić, Drežnjak, Marcinković or Jordano.

    The issue must be in the coaching of youth levels, seeking for additional height over skill. Most countries whine they can't find enough height, but if you've got plenty of it, that's dangerous as well. Trying to find the next 200cm tall guard with some oversight and force him onto a PG, which used to be a really popular thing 20 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  13. #53
    Senior Member Dtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit, MI
    Posts
    3,593
    Country: United States

    Default

    Some crazy scenarios for Group A today

    Germany wins, Germany wins group with Mexico second.
    Russia wins by 3 or less, Germany wins group with Mexico second.
    Russia wins by 5 or 6 Mexico wins group with Germany second.
    Russia wins by 8 or 9, Mexico wins group with Russia second
    Russia wins by 11 or more, Russia wins group with Mexico second.

    Then there's crazy points scored tie breakers if Russia wins by 4, or 10.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

    Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,367
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Germany vs Russia is giving me cancer. Rödl is a clown.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,533
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Croatia would be great with just a decent eurocup level PG, without it and without Sarić + Simon that know how to create for others, it'll be tough.
    Not to mention I don't think they ever had as unimpressive backcourt backups in the rotation as Rogić, Drežnjak, Marcinković or Jordano.

    The issue must be in the coaching of youth levels, seeking for additional height over skill. Most countries whine they can't find enough height, but if you've got plenty of it, that's dangerous as well. Trying to find the next 200cm tall guard with some oversight and force him onto a PG, which used to be a really popular thing 20 years ago.
    Giving up the American ringer at PG not such a great idea. Still have Ukic as the PG. As you said a lack of talent at that position for Croatia.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,533
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Croatia would be great with just a decent eurocup level PG, without it and without Sarić + Simon that know how to create for others, it'll be tough.
    Not to mention I don't think they ever had as unimpressive backcourt backups in the rotation as Rogić, Drežnjak, Marcinković or Jordano.

    The issue must be in the coaching of youth levels, seeking for additional height over skill. Most countries whine they can't find enough height, but if you've got plenty of it, that's dangerous as well. Trying to find the next 200cm tall guard with some oversight and force him onto a PG, which used to be a really popular thing 20 years ago.
    Giving up the American ringer at PG not such a great idea. Still have Ukic as the PG. As you said a lack of talent at that position for Croatia.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    81
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    Wasn't expecting Brazil to crush Croatia like that, Americas teams representing well.
    Yes, maybe we have 4 americans teams again in the olympics (like 2016).

  18. #58

    Default

    So these FIBA guys who projected that Brazil will take this one weren't such complete idiots after all, huh? Brazil thus far as best team, but I'm not sure they wouldn't choke int the knock out stage. It's really open now, any time basically can take it, but Brazil now is probably a favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

  19. #59
    Senior Member Steadysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    416
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    So these FIBA guys who projected that Brazil will take this one weren't such complete idiots after all, huh? Brazil thus far as best team, but I'm not sure they wouldn't choke int the knock out stage. It's really open now, any time basically can take it, but Brazil now is probably a favorite.
    with the exception of 2013 when Brazil suddenly sucked at basketball that even Jamaica beat them, has brazil ever actually been bad? I mean they've been not great but at a minimum they've been good.

  20. #60

    Default

    Bruno Caboclo still funny dude and still can't shoot But his wingspan makes difference. Brazil a bit tougher, more athletic, more agile and better defensive team (as well as a bit deeper), I think they taking it. People thought Brazil is the past, but it's pesky and dangerous team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •