No announcement yet.

Olympic Qualifying Tournament - CROATIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragan Bender got seriously injured in Israeli league game and is out for OQT. Quite a loss for Croatia, especially if Saric and Zubac will still be in NBA PO

Comment

Croatian fans must get really pissed watching nba playoofs 2021. In any other year seeing their best players Bogdanovich (Jazz) and Saric (Suns) meeting in confe finals would be a joy ,but not this year.

Jazz and Suns have 1-0 leads in their serries and their teams all year long 1 and 2 seed teams in west and so far showing that in playoofs too.

Croatia have very little chance winning tournament if no Bogdanovich and Saric.

I believe Bogdanovich is as important to Croatia and Doncic is to Slovenia.

They maybe could survive without Saric,but not without Bogs 25pts every game.
      Last edited by Shawshank; 06-09-2021, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Danilo Barthel (Fenerbahce Istanbul/Türkei), Robin Benzing (Casademont Saragossa/Spanien), Isaac Bonga (Washington Wizards), Niels Giffey, Maodo Lo, Johannes Thiemann (alle Alba Berlin), Philipp Herkenhoff (Rasta Vechta), Justus Hollatz (Hamburg Towers), Leon Kratzer (Telekom Baskets Bonn), Andreas Obst (ratiopharm Ulm), Joshiko Saibou (Champagne Basket Reims/Frankreich), Dennis Schröder (Los Angeles Lakers), Johannes Voigtmann (ZSKA Moskau), Moritz Wagner (Orlando Magic), Lukas Wank (Löwen Braunschweig), Jan-Niklas Wimberg (Niners Chemnitz)

PG Schröder/Lo/Hollatz/Wank
        SG Obst/Giffey/Saibou
        SF Benzing/Bonga/(Giffey)
        PF Barthel/Wagner/Herkenhoff/Wimberg
        C Voigtmann/Thiemann/Kratzer

Zipser, Jallow, Sengfelder, Kleber and Pleiss are injured. Theis and Hartentein skipped in favor of their next contract. I better hide my honest opinion to that. All in all does our roster look average at best and it seriously lacks defense.

Comment

Has Pleiss been contacted by your federation? I remember they had some beef when he avoided playing for Germany?
          Really a pitty, Germany could have a great team this summer, this is still a team that can cause trouble to everyone.

PS: Is Thiemann better than Zirbes?! I doubt that really from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
            Has Pleiss been contacted by your federation? I remember they had some beef when he avoided playing for Germany?
            Really a pitty, Germany could have a great team this summer, this is still a team that can cause trouble to everyone.

PS: Is Thiemann better than Zirbes?! I doubt that really from what I've seen.
            Yeah they have actually contacted Pleiss. Thats something I am really glad about. Pleiss left the national team five years ago as he had a legit opportunity to receive a NBA contract. I was also mad at him, but I think enough time has passed to forgive.

From what I have seen of Zirbes and Thiemann over the last couple of years I don´t have to think for a second who earns his spot. No wonder as Zirbes has not played serious basketball recently. Moreover Thiemann is one of our better defenders and can stretch the floor, something what is crucial with Schröder and Lo at the point guard position. I am not objective though as I have never liked Zirbes, meanwhile Thiemann is from Bamberg and I used to know some people who knows him since he has made his first steps on the court. Anyway there is a consensus in the german basketball bubble about the nomination of Thiemann.

Hollatz is a great prospect at a position we lack quality and depth. Normally he is not ready to perform at such a stage, but I like his fearless mindset and his eagerness to become a better player. He really is a smart kid and clever player and I am looking forward to see him improve over the next years. Obst played a great season and has definitely the potential to be a factor this summer. His shooting performance in this season was unreal and he finally made the transition from a pure shooter to a more all around scorer. I am really excited to see him perform on such a high level. Herkenhoff was injured most time of the season, but he has been in a good shape recently and should be able contribute some valuable minutes to support our frontcourt. The rest of the team should be known.

Comment

Obviously huge for Croatia that Bojan has committed. Will be the best player at the Split tournament by a wide margin.

Comment

Our final 12-man roster:

PG Schröder/Lo
                SG Obst/Saibou
                SF Benzing/Giffey/Bonga (1-3)
                PF Barthel/Wagner/Wimberg (3-4)
                C Voigtmann/Thiemann

Wimberg instead of Herkenhoff is a little suprising for me. Hollatz got injured this weekend, therefore Rödl had to nominate Saibou. Saibou published some pretty mindfucked theories about Covid on IG, something what makes it really hard for me to cheer for him at least. Still I like what I have seen from him and the rest of the team at the tournament this weekend, putting aside the lack of qualitiy of the opponents as Czech Republic and Italy missed some of their best players. Saibou played great so quality-wise he definitely earns his spot. I really hope Benzing plays a smaller role as he used to. On some days he can be a weapon in favour of us and on other days he supports the opponent. All in all I would consider us to be the toughest opponent for Croatia, which is the clear favourite of the tournament. It wouldn´t be much of a suprise though, if we lose against Mexico or Russia. All is possible.

Comment

Team that is way better than it looked at the first view when it's consolidated. I like it a lot. Will be tough battle for everyone in Split against Germany. I am really happy that we don't have to play this team in Belgrade to be honest. I have traumatic remembering of game in Novi Sad when you beat us

Comment

Where are Maxi and Theiß?!

Comment

I hope we will live up to your expectations as our success its more or less determined by the attitude of Schröder and how he clicks with the rest of the team. During the World Cup 2019 it was reported that some players were far away from being satisfied with Schröder and his gigantic usage rate. They felt more or less like like cardboard figures. After the reports/problems they had a team meeting and lifted the problems out of the way. Let´s see if he can translate the advanced and more mature version of Dennis Schröder to our national team.

From time to time I watch at least the last quarter of the once in a lifetime win against Serbia. The block of Kleber still gives me goosebumps, while I have to laugh about Jelovac unsportsmanslike foul. No bad blood, but that foul describes him perfectly.

Kleber has a foot injury and Theis wants to focus on his next nba contract.

Comment

Dennis Schröder is out and wont play any games for Germany in Split. The reason is his free agency and the big insurance requirements. Idk if its good or bad for Germany tbh.

Comment

Sorry, but I like brazil chances here.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            Dennis Schröder is out and wont play any games for Germany in Split. The reason is his free agency and the big insurance requirements. Idk if its good or bad for Germany tbh.
                            I am surprised that he was considered in the first place given his free agency status..
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Mexico with Gustavo Ayon and Cruz. Wont be easy for Germany

Comment

This is really total shit what Germany is playing right now and Germany lacks individual talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information