Olympic Qualifying Tournament - CANADA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
    Melih is the cancer of this team(and any team). 22 minutes for him in any crutial game is suicide

But it's not just that, coach problem is also present in NT from Tanjevic's time

Must say that 1st half was great imo, not just result but fighting spirit that was present on the court.
    Dude managed to get -32 in 22 mins someone must give him an award when the team come back to Turkey

Comment

• Originally posted by freestyler34 View Post
      Dude managed to get -32 in 22 mins someone must give him an award when the team come back to Turkey
      He already got his reward by Kokoskov and Gherardini. He should have been fired before any of those 6 guys that left

Comment

• Originally posted by juli_rc View Post
        Since when PR and ARG are in europe?
        2002 us team was eliminated by serbia and montenegro in QF.

2006 us team was eliminated by greece in semis.

Comment

• If someone could find or post full game replays of qualifying tournament, I will be grateful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            I cant accept to lose to Kavvadas and Giannapoulos. We need a fucking play maker.
            Seems Kavadas is your Nemesis. Or you envy Kavadas muscles and Giannapoulos mustache (very impressive by the way.) I mean there are some players when they come from the bench the team looses his rhythm but this does not apply to these two guys there are solid roleplayers. They are not stars but they have something to give to the team and if this is only some minutes of rest for the other players.
            You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

• Czech Rep. is hell of a dark horse in FIBA lately. To knock out pretty stacked Canada is a huge thing. Congrats to them and to Greek fans.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                Czech Rep. is hell of a dark horse in FIBA lately.
                This Czech game will be a very tough one. I am wondering what is the best strategy for this game. It feels like these czech starters played 40+OT minutes and were still fresh like newborn babys. So is it better to play Pitiono style and run or to play traditional greek style and slow down?

Comment

This is really not acceptable. Ok, Greece pressure to our "play makers" was the initial problem but you cant give up after the third quarter. Someone has to step up someone else than Tuncer. I cant accept to lose to Kavvadas and Giannapoulos. We need a fucking play maker.
                  I think you meant to say "I can't accept to lose from Greece"... But again, YOU refuse to lose? Ahhh... OK!

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                    Seems Kavadas is your Nemesis. Or you envy Kavadas muscles and Giannapoulos mustache (very impressive by the way.) I mean there are some players when they come from the bench the team looses his rhythm but this does not apply to these two guys there are solid roleplayers. They are not stars but they have something to give to the team and if this is only some minutes of rest for the other players.
                    Dont take it the wrong way. I need to explain myself. If Greece had couple of players more I wouldnt be sad at all. I didnt have any expectations in the first place but what made me so sad was the fact of the downfall in the second half. You cant be playing so blind and rotate so much.

Comment

It seems to me that Giannis's presence to the elite of the world's basketball has done a lot of good in providing an example to the Greek national team for working to improve all the time...

Comment

I didnt have any expectations in the first place but what made me so sad was the fact of the downfall in the second half.
                        For me this looked like a problem in psychology. Turkey did not expect to give away the lead so easily in the second half. To be honest greeks had some help of the refs in this phase. A posession here, a foul there a, backcourt violation which has not been given and so on. But still I had the impression that Turks got a total mental collapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                          2002 us team was eliminated by serbia and montenegro in QF.

2006 us team was eliminated by greece in semis.
                          What a very selected memory, don't forget the olympics in between... This list represents teams who defeat USA in this century.

+2 ARG
                          +1 YUG
                          +1 SPA
                          +1 PR
                          +1 LIT
                          +1 GRE
                          +1 FRA
                          +1 SRB

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
                            It seems to me that Giannis's presence to the elite of the world's basketball has done a lot of good in providing an example to the Greek national team for working to improve all the time...
                            My hypothesis is that these FIBA window qualification games during the year help the team to have a good chemistry and provide a reservoir of players to jump in in case the starters get injured. But lets not start to hail this team now becaue one loss against the czechs and we have the same outcome as usual in preolympic tournaments outside of Greece.

Comment

For me this looked like a problem in psychology. Turkey did not expect to give away the lead so easily in the second half. To be honest greeks had some help of the refs in this phase. A posession here, a foul there a, backcourt violation which has not been given and so on. But still I had the impression that they had a total mental collapse.
                              This is nothing new for us. It happens regularly because there is nobody who has a leader role in his team except Alperen Sengün and he was the one with the second least minutes. The coach made it worse with unnecessary rotations. Then the Greeks how you know them. Not much talent but hard defending as hell.

I was very sad yesterday but today I am ok again. Congrats to your win anyway.

Comment

• One point I would like to mention. All these CO2 emissions to travel to Canada and at the end we have 3 european playing in the semi finals and 2 europeans teams playing in the final. I would have prefered another tournament in Europe Prag/Istanbul/Athens instead of Victoria/Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information