View Poll Results: Who will qualify for Tokyo?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canada

18 60.00%
  • China

0 0%
  • Czech Republic

1 3.33%
  • Greece

6 20.00%
  • Turkey

5 16.67%
  • Uruguay

0 0%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic Qualifying Tournament - CANADA

So do I understand correctly that the first game of the tournament is Canada against Greece which starts from Central European Time perspective in the night from Tuesday the 29th to Wednesday the 30rd? I am wondering about the time. The FIBA sites says 01:05 while I am calculating 00:05 start time Wednesday "morning".

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Well, there is no need to rush things. We have still a very young team. Beating Czech Republic and Greece are the first two steps then we will see about Canada.
    Considering the absentees of Greece, loosing against either the Czech Republic or Greece is failure for this Turkish squad. I mean, I see no way around it.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Considering the absentees of Greece, loosing against either the Czech Republic or Greece is failure for this Turkish squad. I mean, I see no way around it.
    Thats correct. It still doesnt make sense to think about the final game. You cant win games without playing them. There are too many variables in basketball games like daily performance, chemistry, prep time etc. We will see about it in just a week.

Canada should still steamroll everybody, playing at home and whatnot, with that perimeter talent laden roster of theirs imo

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Canada should still steamroll everybody, playing at home and whatnot, with that perimeter talent laden roster of theirs imo
    Home court advantage is mostly gone with no fans.

Zero friendlies, very little prep time, little chemistry. I'm expecting the potential for steamrolls - but this team is excruciatingly vulnerable to a slowed down, rough defensive game. Reminds me of the 2015 team that thrashed Venezuela in pool play and then got clutched, grabbed and slowed to a crawl in the semis. That was a much younger team though....

No one is talking about the Turks but they have a very real opportunity to upset the Canadians on their home floor. Might not even be considered an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDiesel2 View Post
    No one is talking about the Turks but they have a very real opportunity to upset the Canadians on their home floor. Might not even be considered an upset.
    Everyone is talking about the Turks....where've you been? Perhaps its on other pages/threads?
    Canada will have more talent, but the Turks will easily have us outclassed on experience/chemistry etc. It will make for an interesting match-up. I'm not sure who is even favored betting odds-wide but IMO it could either way.

The history of team USA has shown that collecting a bunch of "average" NBA players without preperation and adaption to FIBA rules is not a succesfull strategy. Such a team will struggle against a well-prepared high-class FIBA team. The question is if Turkey can be considered high-class this year and if Canadian players are above average and can compensate tactical deficits and lack of preperation with their individual talent. Next week will show. I am eager to watch the games.

I know where I can watch Turkeys games but I have no idea where to watch the other games. I am on vacation just for these games.

This is the announced team Turkey btw. Just Mert Akay is missing because of his injury but except him its the full roster.

Going to 12 Melih and Kabaca should be overnumbered, bit Turkey is country of wonders and Melih will always be in every roster until retirement.

That's why our football team was by far the worst in EC, mediocres always find path to the team

I know where I can watch Turkeys games but I have no idea where to watch the other games. I am on vacation just for these games.
    I don’t know if this helps you but ESPN+ will carry all games (all torunments) via streaming (live and on demand). It’s about 5 dollars US per month. And I assume can be accessed around the world but perhaps you’d need the help of a VPN if there are country restrictions.

If I was traveling that how I’d access it (via a tunneling VPN like Tunnel Bear or something).

You Euros may have better options. But the ESPN stream has been very good to me in the past.

Try livebasketball.tv

Subscribe for a month. It's FIBA's channel
    Last edited by Victorious; 06-24-2021 at 03:45 PM.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Thank you guys. I will try out Victorious version and if this doesnt work mojos. I am really ready to pay anything just for these games. So excited hahahaha

Thank you guys. I will try out Victorious version and if this doesnt work mojos. I am really ready to pay anything just for these games. So excited hahahaha
    I've used Livebasketball.tv in the past as well (but it has been a few years). Note that I ran into country restrictions as well (it depends on who has broadcast rights in whatever country you are in). It also can easily be solved with a VPN that tunnels into another country. Singapore usually worked for me

Exclamation

The trouble is that your "should" word is based on individual talent. Unfortunately I see the same problem unfolding for the Canadian team that's plagued it just about every year in the past, i.e. training camp is delayed because star players are slow to commit to the national team. Meanwhile the other teams have already assembled and are even playing friendly games against each other.

Worse yet the players on these other teams, e.g. Greece, are already more familiar with each other. "Know him? Of course I do! We were teammates at Panathinaikos/Olympiakos for a couple of years and we've been getting together every summer now at the national team camp for the last three years." So Team Canada actually needs more time to come together as a team, but gets less.

Exclamation

The trouble is that your "should" word is based on individual talent. Unfortunately I see the same problem unfolding for the Canadian team that's plagued it just about every year in the past, i.e. training camp is delayed because star players are slow to commit to the national team. Meanwhile the other teams have already assembled and are even playing friendly games against each other.

Worse yet the players on these other teams, e.g. Greece, are already more familiar with each other. "Know him? Of course I do! We were teammates at Panathinaikos/Olympiakos for a couple of years and we've been getting together every summer now at the national team camp for the last three years."

Meanwhile the players on Team Canada are brought together from a far wider scatter and actually need more time to come together as a team - but get less.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Try live.basketball.tv

Subscribe for a month. It's FIBA's channel
    OK, great I did for 8 Euros, this is really nothing. Thank you again.

Rumours are comming from Turkey that their NT lost their american because of injury.

If rumours ends up correct Turkey federation still will have 5 days to find another pg american,make pasport overnight ,bring new bag of money and they will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Rumours are comming from Turkey that their NT lost their american because of injury.

If rumours ends up correct Turkey federation still will have 5 days to find another pg american,make pasport overnight ,bring new bag of money and they will be fine
    Lol...

A healthy Larkin will be a big loss for Turkey. Tuncer should have fun facing down a Cory Joseph that doesn't need to worry too much about scoring and imagine if Lu "The Beast" Dort gets a chance at him, how ever I think he'll be assigned to Cedi.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast