Ataman and player development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ataman and player development

Say whatever you want about Ataman, he knows how to get the Best from his players. I really like how he is developing Sertaç into a good player. He did the same with Sinan in Galatasaray and he played Best games of his career while working with Ataman. He was average before and he fall below average as soon as he left GS. I hope Sertaç will keep his develop ment Even after. It is fun to watch him right now and we need him to be good in the future Even if Yurtseven comes to NT

Originally posted by okanial View Post
    Say whatever you want about Ataman, he knows how to get the Best from his players. I really like how he is developing Sertaç into a good player. He did the same with Sinan in Galatasaray and he played Best games of his career while working with Ataman. He was average before and he fall below average as soon as he left GS. I hope Sertaç will keep his develop ment Even after. It is fun to watch him right now and we need him to be good in the future Even if Yurtseven comes to NT
    To be frank, I never thought Ataman was good at this; by always sticking to his few guns for 39mpg and not trusting anyone in the bench. He has not shied away from publicly criticizing the local players, sometimes upsetting the team atmosphere. But when he does trust someone, it shows, he gives them this freedom and many players flourish.

Sertac surprised everyone a lot. He's suddenly a 14.0ppg guy at 74% FG (outstanding for a guy who plays face up), with decent defensive presence, out of nowhere. I believe Ataman gave him the confidence he needed, you can infer this from his postgame comments.

Now, we have a few real jewels in this team, under 20 years old. Let's see if they'll get their chance.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Sertaç didn't suprise me a lot, I mean I knew he had the quality. A little bit perhaps, since he lacked the game practice in Efes after Dunston's injury but it seems playing in National team helped him to not lose his game experience and practice while sitting at the bench of Efes.

The guy played the TBL final with BJK before coming to Efes, he and Stimac were the only solid PF / C of that team, you don't play the TBL final in front of other Euroleague teams like Efes for nothing.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information