Euroleague regular season: Week 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by saras View Post
    yes there is. and maccabi will probably get him. he has a euroleague title as well
    I wish we could get Aaron Jackson, he would be better than Westermann anyway. But we probably don't have that kind of money, and I doubt he would be that effective.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
      Dude, I know you are trying to trigger him by taking shots at Fener, but it doesn't work that way. Fener and Efes are like Pao and Oly, you need to go for Efes directly. You have so much material anyway lol
      hey hey, can we push him to Alba Berlin fandom?
      Toruko claims to be a Bandirma fan, but from what it looks, he is an obsessed guy. perfect match for saras.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        Toruko claims to be a Bandirma fan, but from what it looks, he is an obsessed guy. perfect match for saras.
        im not obsessed. more like realistic i would say
        Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by kzav View Post
          In 13 games this season Fenerbahce has 381 rebounds.

Without counting the game going on now, so 12 games, Panathinaikos has 420.

Courtesy of Euroleague and a thing called reality. Cheers

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Fener has the lowest average number of rebounds of all teams by far this season.
          It is very hard to derive any useful information from absolute numbers.
          While Europeans tend to make fun of the 'stupid' basketball at NBA (unjustifiably) at least the NBA provides useful stats on their website.

Absolut rebound numbers have a strong bias towards high pace teams + towards teams that forces low field goal percentage to their opponents + towards teams that shoots better on offense.

A much more interesting stat will be how big of a % of the rebounds a team grabs:
          Panathinaikos was grabbing 446 rebounds out of 946 at their games - 47.1%
          Fener was grabbing 381 rebounds out of 817 at their games - 46.6%

If you consider the fact that it is much easier to take defensive rebound in compare to offensive a better stat will be to divide defensive and offensive rebounds:
          Pao grabs 328 defensive rebounds while opponents grab 167 offensive rebounds. Pao has 66.26% of defensive rebounds.
          Fener grabs 275 defensive rebounds while opponents grab 138 offensive rebounds. Fener has 66.56% offensive rebounds.

Pao has 118 offensive rebounds to 333 defensive rebounds of opponents. Pao has 26.1% of offensive rebounds.
          Fener has 106 offensive rebounds to 298 defensive rebounds of opponents. Fener has 26.23% of offensive rebounds.

So on both sides of the court, Fener grabs a bigger portion of rebounds. Any stat has its own problems. But this is a good indicator of the fact that Fener is at least as good at rebounding as PAO.

In general, at EL site stats sorting is useless since most stats belong to the previous millennium.
          Offensive rating is a better indicator of offense strength in comparison to points per game.
          Defensive rating is a better indicator of defense strength in comparison to opponent's points per game.

Comment

Why are you calling me like that?

My main concern is player development. I dont care about Euroleague much but its fun to trigger PAO fans

Comment

Bandirma? So here it goes - First of all, I would like to congratulate Bandirma Kirmizi (10 points to who can guess which fucking Fener coach said that after we lost to fucking Bandirma B)

Second of all, I think Toruko is more of a Fener hater than a fan of any team, but that's just my opinion

Lastly, it calms me that we still have only have 2 games of difference with 8th place. It is basically nothing with the amount of games left, and you only need to win one extra game in the playoffs if you don't have the HCA. Not all is lost despite the screams of Fener fans (me included)
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• One of those times I agree with Saras. There is no point criticizing any other team than Fener on rebounds, horrible stats. Looking ahead, Fener's window with the best view is the schedule in the second half of the season. We will play all the games below in Istanbul. If we gear up as the season rolls, play-offs look easy to reach with a sight for even top 4.

vs FC Barcelona
                vs AX Armani Exchange Milan
                vs Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv
                vs Real Madrid
                vs Panathinaikos OPAP Athens
                vs CSKA Moscow
                vs Olympiacos Piraeus
                at Anadolu Efes Istanbul

And our away games will only be;
                at KIROLBET Baskonia Vitoria-Gasteiz
                at ALBA Berlin
                at Zenit St Petersburg
                at Valencia Basket
                at Khimki Moscow Region
                at FC Bayern Munich
                at Zalgiris Kaunas
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCim...confirmation=1

Comment

• I'm really disappointed with Papagiannis although I believed he could become a dominant center, with the right training.
                  The lad cannot even box-out in spite of his impressive body structure. That has nothing to do with athleticism or talent. It's just a matter of (wrong/weak) mentality. Usually, he doesn't jump to block the opponent , even when he defents statically under the rim. He looks afraid of physical contact in offense too. Such a waste of 220 cms.

Comment

• If a player drafted in loterry is released by his NBA team before his rookie contract expires you can be certain he's gonna be a bust.Still Papagiannis is somewhat playable in lower Euroleague level as a back up center.

Comment

• Papagiannis is bad in terms of positioning and rebounding. He cant be our first center,we need an athletic one and then papagiannis can be the backup. However there is something i can see he has improved and thats his vision. He is starting to see the open man when he us double teamed,pass at the right time etc. He is averaging a bit better numbers compared to milutinov while he was at the age of 22
                      Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
                        I'm really disappointed with Papagiannis although I believed he could become a dominant center, with the right training.
                        The lad cannot even box-out in spite of his impressive body structure. That has nothing to do with athleticism or talent. It's just a matter of (wrong/weak) mentality. Usually, he doesn't jump to block the opponent , even when he defents statically under the rim. He looks afraid of physical contact in offense too. Such a waste of 220 cms.
                        Well he always backed off against weaker center in post up defense. Has a nice hook shot but must still be more efficient. He is surprisingly agile for his size but he lacks motivation and struggling. Horrible rim protection for his size, footwork is bad, very static, bad rebounding for his size and fairly back pick and roll defense. His 3 years on the bench in the nba killed him. He looks very lazy doesnt seem to work to improve his skillset.
                        Last edited by Toruko; 12-14-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Efes vs Fener just ended in BSL and again a devistating loss for Fenerbahce. Its really funny to see almost all Fenerbahce player playing 2 levels below compared to last season. Kalinic is a turnover machine, wouldnt use him in the second turkish league right now. Bobby needs a new firmware update. De Colo is playing something else, he is definitely not integrated to the team. Ahmet cant even make easy layups. Very bad spacing of team Fener, the team cant create without Sloukas, even ZOC seems to be without an idea.

This team is a mess.

Comment

• Just for the record, PAO's bigs (Papagiannis, Vougioukas, Mitoglou, Willey) got seven (7!) rebounds in sum whereas Calathes alone got five.
                            Calathes also made a double double with 13points and 13assists. Pir=26.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information