Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 PBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    That I'm not sure. Although based on articles I've read, seems like there isn't any limit as to how long the cadets can stay with the Gilas. You do make a good point about the salaries. Although I think Baltazar not entering the draft is more due to Pineda's influence than Baldwin's.

Blackwater may be weak but isn't Perez about to be traded? I would still bet that Terrafirma would be last.
    How many more 1st overall picks do these teams need? I think there should be a cap on how many top 3 picks a team can accumulate in 5 years to dissuade teams from tanking. Everyone knows their MO. At least make it harder for them

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    How many more 1st overall picks do these teams need? I think there should be a cap on how many top 3 picks a team can accumulate in 5 years to dissuade teams from tanking. Everyone knows their MO. At least make it harder for them
    Going to be hard to implement that. Especially when SMC benefits from them. That motion will not garner enough votes from team owners. That team should just leave the league. From the moment they selected Pacquiao as their number 1 pick, everyone knew that they were joke.

For me, I think it's alright for a team to get top lottery picks every year. It's the harvesting (trading with evil empire teams for scrubs and old vets) that PBA should really look into and strictly prohibit.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    That I'm not sure. Although based on articles I've read, seems like there isn't any limit as to how long the cadets can stay with the Gilas. You do make a good point about the salaries. Although I think Baltazar not entering the draft is more due to Pineda's influence than Baldwin's.

Blackwater may be weak but isn't Perez about to be traded? I would still bet that Terrafirma would be last.
    But they will get either munzon or malonzo.. so they are much better than blackwater then.. I hope that lottery draft is in place so that these every year tanking by terrafirma will gone.. if there is a lottery draft then terrafirma will not automatically 1st pick even they are the worst team.. feel ko sinasadya na Nila maging kulelat eh..

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbi View Post
    For me, I think it's alright for a team to get top lottery picks every year. It's the harvesting (trading with evil empire teams for scrubs and old vets) that PBA should really look into and strictly prohibit.
    Bring back that lottery draft.. terrafirma is always purpose to be weak and wants to be bottom team in the pba forever.. ginawa nilang negosyo Ang pagtatalo.. this is professional way of game fixing the way terrafirma did..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    But they will get either munzon or malonzo.. so they are much better than blackwater then.. I hope that lottery draft is in place so that these every year tanking by terrafirma will gone.. if there is a lottery draft then terrafirma will not automatically 1st pick even they are the worst team.. feel ko sinasadya na Nila maging kulelat eh..
    Not necessarily. Blackwater is also picking 3rd and they have tons of decent players like Belo, Trollano, Tolomia, Daquiaog. Call me naive but I still feel that Blackwater is still trying to compete despite their limited resources. Terrafirma, on the other hand, is an utter joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbi View Post
    But they're not even looking to compete. Just acquiring assets to sell. The PBA should stop rewarding obvious scams. They're dumping grounds for SMC players and coaches.

But they're not even looking to compete. Just acquiring assets to sell. The PBA should stop rewarding obvious scams. They're dumping grounds for SMC players and coaches.
    I mean the PBA never curtailed Barako Bull/Fed Ex. Sadly, I don't see them stopping Terrafirma.

Honestly, SMC is the lifeblood of the PBA. Probably more than half of the PBA's fans are from a SMC team. Kinda feels like the league is held hostage by SMC.

Money runs the world in our local league????

Best Players, Even BEST COACHES are in SMC.

SMC assistant Coaches is better than some Non SMC Coaches.

Wala e. SMC have the money.

They have all the products essential we need in Covid.

Also, true. Remove Ginebra, SMB, and Purefoods in Pba. Pba will fall down.

i wish Shell, CTG and Mighty Sports joins PBA.

Quote Originally Posted by tootch View Post
    i wish Shell, CTG and Mighty Sports joins PBA.

anyone knows why Shell disbanded? Sorry i started being a PBA fan only last 06 - 07.

I think Dennis Uy's group should also join. Mighty also has the resources and chooks so i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    anyone knows why Shell disbanded? Sorry i started being a PBA fan only last 06 - 07.

I think Dennis Uy's group should also join. Mighty also has the resources and chooks so i agree.

When it's mother company abroad took over Pilipinas Shell they decided it was no longer feasible to use a PBA team as a marketing and advertising tool. Same thing happened with the Coca-Cola franchise

Record number of applicants

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/m...a2437-20210127

66 Homegrown
    31 Fil-foreigners (most number of Fil-foreign applicants)

Shell disbanded due to its mother company , the Royal Dutch Shell, cutting cost and the PBA franchise was just an albatross for them, unlike other 90s PBA franchises who were directly controlled by the head of their respective companies (i.e. Uytengsu and Alaska, Ayala and Purefoods, Danding and SMB, Concepcion and RFM), Shell had many shareholders and had conflicting opinions regarding the PBA franchise (the Ayalas only own a few shares of Pilipinas Shell)

luckily Shell was sold to Welcoat, though low budget, they remain to compete against the empires.

wait I thought Dennis Uy owns Phx Petroleum.
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    When it's mother company abroad took over Pilipinas Shell they decided it was no longer feasible to use a PBA team as a marketing and advertising tool. Same thing happened with the Coca-Cola franchise
    and could be the future of Alaska once Uytengsu retires and his children takes over, the next generation Uytengsu are niot exactly basketball fanatics

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    Shell disbanded due to its mother company , the Royal Dutch Shell, was cutting cost and the PBA franchise was just an albatross for them, unlike other 90s PBA franchises who were directly controlled by the head of their respective companies (i.e. Uytengsu and Alaska, Ayala and Purefoods, Danding and SMB, Concepcion and RFM), Shell had many shareholders and had conflicting opinions regarding the PBA franchise (the Ayalas only own a few shares of Pilipinas Shell)

luckily Shell was sold to Welcoat, though low budget, they remain to compete against the empires.

wait I thought Dennis Uy owns Phx Petroleum.
    Yes Dennis Uy owns Phoenix Petroleum

Record number of applicants

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/m...a2437-20210127

66 Homegrown
    31 Fil-foreigners (most number of Fil-foreign applicants)
    sad to say, probably less than 30 will be signed to contracts by the start of the new season, and. maybe less than 20 lasting in the league beyond their rookie contracts.

Yes Dennis Uy owns Phoenix Petroleum
    hope the league allows him to have a 2nd franchise, does MVP or SMC own a logistics company? crap Mikee Romero does

Pba doesnt want to add teams.

There are so may companies wanting to join.

But a stupid reason of they need to eait for terra and Blackwater to improve os really head scratching.

That. Will never happen. SMC and MVP will reap the fruits and labor of the seeds planted by the farm teams.

Farm teams cannot complain because they literally exist to help Big Companies. In return, they get " CASH CONSIDERATIONS"

Chooks should also joined but its entry will probably be blocked by SMC because of Magnolia.

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast