2020 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robert0326
    Then they can join in the PBA as guest team next season.. Plus Kouame, Paras, Ramos, etc.. I want to see them playing against PBA teams...
    I just hope that there would be no Yeng Guiao-Wyne Arboleda incident again, im sure the BCAP will bring the pain against Gilas like what Yeng did in 2010-2011

Comment

• Allot of new players but it is really sad we have a very few teams and worse there are two farms teams.
      sigpic

Comment

Could be their roster after the 2021 PBA draft
        PG- Matt Nietto
        PG - JGDL / Jordan Heading (We will see who among them in couple of days)
        PG/SG - Rey Suerte
        SG - Alayn Bulanadi
        SG - Jaybee Tungcab
        SF - Mike Nietto
        SF - Calvin Oftana
        SF/PF - Will Navarro
        PF/C - Isaac Go
        PF/C - Justin Baltazar

Then add some other Gilas amateur players (Guest players)
        C - Angelo Kouame
        SF - Dwight Ramos
        SF/PF - Kobe Paras
        C- Kenmark Carino
        SG - Javi GDL

What do you think this line up can fare against PBA teams? How many wins can they collect as a team?
        could be competitive, quarter finals bound team, unless the local coaches of other teams and insecure PBA players rough em up and hurt them like in 2010-2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
          So its confirmed. Special Gilas draft incoming.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...210126-fbfirst
          it has always been like that for the last 3 pba draft. i wont be surprised if there will be other names that will be named in the gilas draft as well some filams probably.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Just waiting for JGDL, Paras and Baltazar to announce that they will join the draft. Hoping that PBA will finally allow other franchise to enter PBA.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
              Just waiting for JGDL, Paras and Baltazar to announce that they will join the draft. Hoping that PBA will finally allow other franchise to enter PBA.
              very likely they will join and will join gilas draft as well. baka buzzer beater sila sa deadline.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Will Baltazar beat the deadline today?

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...=home_hybrid_2

There are scouts and coaches who see the Mabalacat native getting picked first overall, although the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) is poised to tap him in the special Gilas round, ensuring that the 23-year-old will continue to play for the national team and be part of its youthful core before he formally begins his PBA career.

Of course, all of that can only come true if Baltazar and his handlers Pampanga Gov. Dennis Pineda and Alan Trinidad decide that it's for the best for him to forgo his last playing year with the Green Archers and embark on a new basketball journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
                  Will Baltazar beat the deadline today?

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...=home_hybrid_2

There are scouts and coaches who see the Mabalacat native getting picked first overall, although the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) is poised to tap him in the special Gilas round, ensuring that the 23-year-old will continue to play for the national team and be part of its youthful core before he formally begins his PBA career.

Of course, all of that can only come true if Baltazar and his handlers Pampanga Gov. Dennis Pineda and Alan Trinidad decide that it's for the best for him to forgo his last playing year with the Green Archers and embark on a new basketball journey.
                  he’ll stay for 1 more year

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Not an insider but from what I remember the plan was always for Balti to play six years in La Salle and skipping his first year but an unfortunate Jboy Gob injury happened. Obviously he is ready but again nobody big leaves the UAAP early. What happens to 1GDL?
                    Last edited by Sikatrix; 01-27-2021, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Aljun Melecio joins the draft.

Comment

Maybe the reason is if he will join then Columbian will take him.. I think tab plan this already.. he can't be a long term gilas player after 2023 as he will be in smc bloc under terrafirma team.. so it means oftana, navarro, tungcab will sure in gilas draft.. I think sbp will pick two players from incoming rookies to be in special draft.. expect heading and rike/santillan will be choose as part of gilas draft...
                        Totally forgot about Rike being a cadet once upon a time. Could be a special Gilas draftee as well

Re. Baltazar, I don't think it matters that Terrafirma will pick number 1. Isn't it up to Gilas when they'll release the cadet to their mother team. And besides, Terrafirma will probably remain at the bottom of the league for a long time. Lol

Comment

Think about it.. tab wants baltazar improve his wing skills, can he do it if he will land on Columbian after 2023? We all know coaching staff of Columbian sucks big time.. look at Adams? From wing become like Rosario like player... So they think that putting baltazar now in gilas draft will be useless in the future.. well blackwater's line up still weak so expected them to be bottom team this season.. unless terrafirma will tank and tank again..
                          If Baltazar ends up with Columbian via the Gilas draft, he won't play for Columbian until Gilas releases him.

Comment

Yeah.. I know that.. but can gilas hold baltazar for a long time? Or I mean mvp group? All of Baldwin's effort will be useless.. remember they still need salaries for their future.. and pba can provide that.. so baltazar will not long term forever in gilas.. so for me it's tactical move by Baldwin/mvp to not enter baltazar this year..
                            That I'm not sure. Although based on articles I've read, seems like there isn't any limit as to how long the cadets can stay with the Gilas. You do make a good point about the salaries. Although I think Baltazar not entering the draft is more due to Pineda's influence than Baldwin's.

Blackwater may be weak but isn't Perez about to be traded? I would still bet that Terrafirma would be last.

Comment

If Baltazar ends up with Columbian via the Gilas draft, he won't play for Columbian until Gilas releases him.
                              Baltazar and Javi DGL Skips PBA Draft.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...-x9R_Pbe8J22Is

POTENTIAL top pick Justine Baltazar has decided to sit out the upcoming PBA Rookie Draft and is staying put in La Salle.

The 6-foot-8 Kapampangan, who is unquestionably the best center in college today, told Spin.ph of his decision as the deadline for the submission of applications counted down its last hours on Wednesday.

"Hindi muna po ako sasali sa draft," he said.

Baltazar, who hails from Mabalacat, Pampanga, is one of the most sought after names in the amateur ranks, with some believing that he could be picked first in this year's class if he won't be tapped in the planned special Gilas Pilipinas round.

Those plans, however, will have to be sidelined for the meantime as Baltazar consulted with his handlers led by Pampanga Gov. Dennis Pineda and coach Alan Trinidad and felt that it's better for him to remain as an amateur.

He still has one year left in La Salle.

Nevertheless, the 23-year-old's focus will be directed to the national team for the time being as he is part of the training pool for the third window of the 2021 Fiba Asia Cup qualifiers.

"Dito muna ako sa Gilas habang wala pang liga," he said as he trains with the Gilas pool at Inspire Sports Academy in Calamba, Laguna.

Baltazar surely made a good impression in his national team debut in the second window in Manama, Bahrain last November.

He was quick to impose his might in the Philippines' two-game sweep of Thailand, averaging 7.0 points, 8.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, and 2.0 steals as he was certainly one of the breakout stars from that youthful cadets squad.

But even before that, collegiate observers already knew how good he is dating back from his time in National University-Nazareth School.

After all, Baltazar has been tearing shreds for La Salle, landing in the Mythical Team for the past two UAAP seasons following the departure of two-time UAAP MVP Ben Mbala.

He posted 15.1 points on 39-percent shooting, along with 11.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists, and 1.1 blocks in 30.4 minutes for the Green Archers last UAAP Season 82.

Aside from his stint in La Salle, Baltazar has also made his presence felt for his home province Pampanga, representing the Giant Lanterns in the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) and the Delta in the National Basketball League (NBL).

He was also a part of the San Juan Knights-Go for Gold team which won the championship in the 2019 MPBL Datu Cup.

With him skipping the annual draft proceedings, that leaves fellow pool members Calvin Oftana, William Navarro, and Jaydee Tungcab as the potential names to be added in the special Gilas round for this year's draft.

Javi Gomez de Liano has earlier declared that he will skip this year's draft and is looking to return to University of the Philippines for one last go-round.

Comment

That I'm not sure. Although based on articles I've read, seems like there isn't any limit as to how long the cadets can stay with the Gilas. You do make a good point about the salaries. Although I think Baltazar not entering the draft is more due to Pineda's influence than Baldwin's.

Blackwater may be weak but isn't Perez about to be traded? I would still bet that Terrafirma would be last.
                                How many more 1st overall picks do these teams need? I think there should be a cap on how many top 3 picks a team can accumulate in 5 years to dissuade teams from tanking. Everyone knows their MO. At least make it harder for them

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information