2020 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Mar 5 is the deadline for completing their papers it is already March 1. It's possible that many of the Filfors like Statham and Brickman will not be able to get their papers.

Its curious that ESPN has NLEX taking Mikee Williams. Yeng says he is getting a big man. He is probably forced to get Oftana. He already has Kiefer.
    If the rumor to get Troy to NLEX and Kiefer to TNT is true, Mikey makes sense for NLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
      PBA Draft " BIGS" in 2021 Draft

Pba is still a Big Man dominated league. You need a legit quality big man to win a ring. For sure, these Bigs will be drafted or signed by pba teams.

1. Ben Adamos - 6'7" PF/C

2. Rey Acuno - 6'7" C

3. Seraj Elmerjrab - 6'8" C

4.Brandon Rosser - 6'7" PF/C

5. Ken Holmquist - 6'8" C

6.Wowie Kadir - 6'4" PF/C

7. Larry Muyang - 6'6" PF/C

8.Andre Paras - 6'4" PF/C

9.Troy Rike - 6'8' PF/C

10. Santi Santillan - 6'4" PF

11. James Laput - 6'10 C
      Special Draft

1. John Rangel - 6'7" C

PS: Yes, I know they are all undersized maybe except Laput and the 6'7" Guys. Wala e. No 6'11 above Bigs

PSS: Honestly, Adamos, Rosser, Muyang, and Rike for me are the best quality "BIGS"

PSSS: DO WE ALL AGREE PBA TEAMS WILL ALWAYS HAVE THAT INTEREST IN EVERY BIG MAN. THET STILL FEEL THE NEED OF GETTING A BIG MAN TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE
      Even by PBA standards, 6'4" players can no longer be counted as "bigs"

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
        Even by PBA standards, 6'4" players can no longer be counted as "bigs"
        Definitely with some exemptions.

Pba should have 6'5 above bigs

BUT WHY THE HELL THEY PUT ANDRE PARAS AND SANTILLAN AND LISTED THEM AS BIG MAN.

Because even if they are 6'4 they play like a big man

Comment

• Remember last year? We have one of the weakest draft.

Now, this year is being hype as one of strongest draft. Even here in interbasket, most posters expect this to be one of the strongest,if not the strongest pba draft.

And honestly, looks like it is true

If I will rank the Top 15 prospects, I will have a very hard time.

Like Taylor Statham. I think Taylor can even be argued to be in Top 5 if he is only younger. Yhe only reason why he is a little lower in mock drafts is because he is 28.

For 1st Overall pick, it is debated between malonzo and munzon. But I will go with Malonzo.

We wish him in the past to be eligible for gilas for a reason.

Hopefully, this Rookies will revive the pba again

Comment

• Pba Draft 2021 Top 10 Based on Talent and Potential
            (MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION)

I want to share my top 12 players in Pba draft 2021 (assuming they complete their papers). I am not considering team needs, but only talent and potential alone.

1. Jamie Malonzo - 6'7" SF Filam

- We wish he could have been eligible for national team. He have the perfect height and skillset at SF position. He is athletic and a good defender. He is like a Taller Gabe Norwood with Offense.

2. Joshua Munzon - 6'4" SG Filam

- You can argue he should have been number 1. He plays like CJ perez. Very good slasher, Good Outside shot, athletic, and scorer. He would probably replace CJ in terrafirma if they draft him.

3. Taylor Statham - 6'6 PG/SG Filam

"WHAT!!!??" would probably be your first reaction.

But let me explain. Taylor is our Long time wishful Big/Tall PG in Pba. He have played in multiple International Leagues. He scored 50 points many times in his basketball Career. He is such a gifted scored. Deadly outside shot and Penetration game.

4. Brandon Rosser - 6'7" SF Filam

Brother of MGR. Brandon is so much better than his brother offensively. He is very quick, agile, and like Malonzo he is a tall natural wing.
            He is very athletic, have a decent outside shot, and a good defender. You could argue he can be number 3 in this list.

5. Mikey Williams - 6'2 SG Filam

Another Scorer Guard. He is quick, explosive, and fearless in driving to the rim. His 3pt shots and Midrange game are also great. And just like other filams in the draft, he is very athletic.

6. Jason Brickman - 6'0 PG Filam

Your typical pass first playmaking point guard. He makes his teammates better by setting them up in their best spots. He have a deady outside shot to pair to his passing skills. He plays a lot like Jimmy alapag.

7. Jeremiah Gray - 6'5 PG Filam

Another Dream 6'5" PG/SG. He is a deadly shooter. Very athletic, Showtime dunker. And great finisher. I honestly think he could been place higher.

8.Calvin Oftana - 6'4-6'5 SF/PF

Nothing to say here. We already saw what he cam do in Gilas. Good Outside shot, Can penetrate, and can defend.

9. Alvin Pasaol - 6'4" SF/PF

Undersized Combo Forward. But a very gifted scorer. He can beat you outside. He can post you up inside. One of the most versatile Forwards in the draft

10. Santi Santillan - 6'5 F

He plays like a Big. Actually he plays like Marc pingris/Rudy hatfield type. A Good Hustle Role Player Big. But he is also a good postup player with a decent perimeter shot.

This is how i rank them

Comment

Pba Draft 2021 Top 10 Based on Talent and Potential
              (MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION)

I want to share my top 12 players in Pba draft 2021 (assuming they complete their papers). I am not considering team needs, but only talent and potential alone.

1. Jamie Malonzo - 6'7" SF Filam

- We wish he could have been eligible for national team. He have the perfect height and skillset at SF position. He is athletic and a good defender. He is like a Taller Gabe Norwood with Offense.

2. Joshua Munzon - 6'4" SG Filam

- You can argue he should have been number 1. He plays like CJ perez. Very good slasher, Good Outside shot, athletic, and scorer. He would probably replace CJ in terrafirma if they draft him.

3. Taylor Statham - 6'6 PG/SG Filam

"WHAT!!!??" would probably be your first reaction.

But let me explain. Taylor is our Long time wishful Big/Tall PG in Pba. He have played in multiple International Leagues. He scored 50 points many times in his basketball Career. He is such a gifted scored. Deadly outside shot and Penetration game.

4. Brandon Rosser - 6'7" SF Filam

Brother of MGR. Brandon is so much better than his brother offensively. He is very quick, agile, and like Malonzo he is a tall natural wing.
              He is very athletic, have a decent outside shot, and a good defender. You could argue he can be number 3 in this list.

5. Mikey Williams - 6'2 SG Filam

Another Scorer Guard. He is quick, explosive, and fearless in driving to the rim. His 3pt shots and Midrange game are also great. And just like other filams in the draft, he is very athletic.

6. Jason Brickman - 6'0 PG Filam

Your typical pass first playmaking point guard. He makes his teammates better by setting them up in their best spots. He have a deady outside shot to pair to his passing skills. He plays a lot like Jimmy alapag.

7. Jeremiah Gray - 6'5 PG Filam

Another Dream 6'5" PG/SG. He is a deadly shooter. Very athletic, Showtime dunker. And great finisher. I honestly think he could been place higher.

8.Calvin Oftana - 6'4-6'5 SF/PF

Nothing to say here. We already saw what he cam do in Gilas. Good Outside shot, Can penetrate, and can defend.

9. Alvin Pasaol - 6'4" SF/PF

Undersized Combo Forward. But a very gifted scorer. He can beat you outside. He can post you up inside. One of the most versatile Forwards in the draft

10. Santi Santillan - 6'5 F

He plays like a Big. Actually he plays like Marc pingris/Rudy hatfield type. A Good Hustle Role Player Big. But he is also a good postup player with a decent perimeter shot.

This is how i rank them
              I might go with this draft order with maybe a little tweak. Rosser I believe should be in the top 6 or at least in the first round. The 1 and 2 are interchangeable depending on the need of the team.

Comment

• Among those who have yet to submit their Department of Justice affirmation and Bureau of Immigration certification are potential first-rounders like Jason Brickman, Jeremiah Gray, Jerrick Ahanmisi, and Brandon Ganuelas-Rosser.

The four draft hopefuls, along with Taylor Statham, Alec Stockton, Tyrus Hill, Christopher Cancio, and even Andre Paras, have until the end of office hours of Friday to submit their paper.

Time to redo your mock drafts!

Comment

• if worse comes to worse, those trades involving draft picks are effed up

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                    if worse comes to worse, those trades involving draft picks are effed up
                    Not really, they already had that in mind. Actually if the FilAms get their papers than the boards of the teams get messy. I do hope they allow the FilAms though, at least the ones that are obvious like Paras, Ahanmisi and Ganuelas Rosser.

Comment

• New Mock Draft

1. Munzon
                      2. Malonzo
                      3. Williams
                      4. Oftana
                      5. Santi
                      6. Johnson
                      7. Pasaol
                      8. Adamos
                      9. Rike
                      10. Laput
                      11. Torralba
                      12. Ilagan/Caracut

2nd Round Onwards - Nobody Cares Anymore

What. A. Downer. Stupid PBA requirements... How many times will Brickman miss out? Poor kid.

If there's a winner here, it's Alaska since they get Phoenix's first round pick next year. Blessing in disguise if so many Fil-Ams don't make it this year.

Big dilemma for ROS. Do they get the best available player in Santi or the best true point guard available?

Will NLEX get both Oftana and Santi? This will make life easier for ROS since Williams is the best player available by then.
                      Last edited by greenarcher; 03-03-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                          New Mock Draft

1. Munzon
                          2. Malonzo
                          3. Williams
                          4. Oftana
                          5. Santi
                          6. Johnson
                          7. Pasaol
                          8. Adamos
                          9. Rike
                          10. Laput
                          11. Torralba
                          12. Ilagan/Caracut

2nd Round Onwards - Nobody Cares Anymore

What. A. Downer. Stupid PBA requirements... How many times will Brickman miss out? Poor kid.

If there's a winner here, it's Alaska since they get Phoenix's first round pick next year. Blessing in disguise if so many Fil-Ams don't make it this year.

Big dilemma for ROS. Do they get the best available player in Santi or the best true point guard available?

Will NLEX get both Oftana and Santi? This will make life easier for ROS since Williams is the best player available by then.
                          NLEX said they are getting a big so I think they are getting Adamos but who knows maybe thats just a red herring for the media. Anyway I dont think Adamos falls below six to Alaska unless Danny I really liked Rike in NU.

Comment

• LAUGH ON LINE. LAUGH ON LINE.

HAHAAAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHA

WE ARE COMPLAINING ALL IN FIBA ABOUT HAGOP RULE.

Yet our LOCAL LEAGUE is also not allowing this Fil- Foreigners to play.

Comment

LAUGH ON LINE. LAUGH ON LINE.

HAHAAAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHA

WE ARE COMPLAINING ALL IN FIBA ABOUT HAGOP RULE.

Yet our LOCAL LEAGUE is also not allowing this Fil- Foreigners to play.
                              Well yeah, I mean the league should allow everyone in this class to join. Is there anyone suspected of being a FilSham?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                                Well yeah, I mean the league should allow everyone in this class to join. Is there anyone suspected of being a FilSham?
                                Agreed. All these BS about Hagop when the PBA screws Fil-Fors all the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information