Doncic phenomenon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doncic phenomenon!

Here's the thing guys. Doncic became the first player since the legendary Oscar Robertson to average at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists through the first 16 games of the season. No other player has more 30-point triple-doubles before the age of 21 in NBA history. I mean freakin' NBA history. Not Lebron, not Magic, not Westbrick, not Jordan, not Bird. Doncic! Slovenian 20yo. Like it wouldn't be enough Mavs won 9 games of recent 10, best record since 2011, and he is playing without a star next to him (Porzingis will take his time). Yes, best defence in the NBA packed in Clippers stopped him with that one game.

The question. Is this just a fantastic, but a regular season streak, stretch and he will hit some second year's wall at some point? Or is he already TOP 5 player in the league, will prove his worth in PO and is generally destined to be among true NBA elite historically?

FI, I go with the latter. 20yo doing ridiculous things with the skills, not athleticism. That means he will get even better at D and will only polish his skillset more and that's scary. Even more scary that he will likely drop 40pts triple double against my Lithuanian NT in Olympic games quallies game and kick us out from OG for the first time since 1992.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Here's the thing guys. Doncic became the first player since the legendary Oscar Robertson to average at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists through the first 16 games of the season. No other player has more 30-point triple-doubles before the age of 21 in NBA history. I mean freakin' NBA history. Not Lebron, not Magic, not Westbrick, not Jordan, not Bird. Doncic! Slovenian 20yo. Like it wouldn't be enough Mavs won 9 games of recent 10, best record since 2011, and he is playing without a star next to him (Porzingis will take his time). Yes, best defence in the NBA packed in Clippers stopped him with that one game.

The question. Is this just a fantastic, but a regular season streak, stretch and he will hit some second year's wall at some point? Or is he already TOP 5 player in the league, will prove his worth in PO and is generally destined to be among true NBA elite historically?

FI, I go with the latter. 20yo doing ridiculous things with the skills, not athleticism. That means he will get even better at D and will only polish his skillset more and that's scary. Even more scary that he will likely drop 40pts triple double against my Lithuanian NT in Olympic games quallies game and kick us out from OG for the first time since 1992.
    I hope, he kicks your team out. I will root for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      I hope, he kicks your team out. I will root for him.
      I'm sure you will, LOL

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

He is definitely top-5 in the NBA... No2 behind only Giannis IMO...

Comment

Mavs snatch 2 place in Western conference. How about that? Imagine they would have pre-injury Porzingis also. Doncic now only second guy in NBA since 1976 to deliver 20pts, 5as, 5rbds in 18 consecutive games. And that first one is Jordan. Very curious were all this leads.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Mavs snatch 2 place in Western conference. How about that? Imagine they would have pre-injury Porzingis also. Doncic now only second guy in NBA since 1976 to deliver 20pts, 5as, 5rbds in 18 consecutive games. And that first one is Jordan. Very curious were all this leads.
            IMO, if the Mavs can have a trade and add another starter next to Doncic and Porzingis, they can win the WCF and make it to the NBA finals... It shouldn't be another All-Star they should be after... just a solid addition to the starting roster... Gallinari perhaps?

Comment

Doncic is a beast! This guys makes the Dallas a legitimate threat in the wild wild west. Can wait till I see this guys playing to his full potential.

Comment

Doncic keeps shocking the NBA. I think now everybody already awaits PO. It will determine whenever we're facing the best 20yo NBA player ever. If he will deliver in PO and would drag them rather deep in the strong Western conference, this would probably mean he's better than 20yo Lebron and Magic. And in my opinion he will be good in PO, other than other youngsters who provide in regular season, but doesn't have the poise to keep it up in PO. Sure, the league is softer now, so it's not really fair to such as Magic, Lebron or other great 20yo, but well it's still NBA. Even if the game is softer, there's more deadly offensive players than it used to be back in a day, crazy all around scorers that were only few in 80's, 90's and even 00's. So it's different BB, but I don't think it's easier to WIN today. Looking forward to what Doncic brings in the PO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information