Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague regular season: Week 12

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    +2 blocks +defence against all guards of olympiakos+got defended hard by all of their backcourt.

btw calathes is in top15 in all categories,apart from blocks (not even diamantidis on his best seasons managed to do that)
    PIR 5TH
    POINTS 10th
    TOTAL REBOUNDS 13th (he is the 4th I REPEAT FOURTH defensive rebounder in the league playing as a pg)
    ASSIST 1ST
    STEALS 4TH
    FOULS DRAWN 4TH
    2PT SHOTS MADE 7TH
    3PT SHOTS MADE 33RD
    FIELD GOALS MADE 6TH
    ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO 8TH
    btw even after his 0-9 3pointers yesterday he is still averaging 35% from the 3pt line this season higher than many of those so called "shooters" and he is not treated like they used to do with him last season when he was shooting all alone

he is by far the best player in the league along mirotic. of course larkin is a great player,of course he is far better at scoring than calathes but basketball is played on both sides of the court. otherwise shved and khimki would have been euroleague champions every season. but they are not,cause their defence sucks.

btw im still waiting for an answer to the question i made multiple times to mike james fans in here. where did james lead his team last season and where did calathes lead his team,considering the fact that armani had bigger budget than panathinaikos. they had a clash on almost a knock out match at italy the second to last round of last season and calathes had 29points,14 assists and 9 rebounds for 1 turnover. the leader james is still to be seen in that match

but i can understand some of the turkish butthurt fans in here. calathes has the same amount of euroleagues with all their teams combined in their entire history. thats just too much to bear with
    Yesterday's game was insane, great level from both teams, and great atmosphere at OAKA. The only thing I dont understand were the flares. I dont know how Papagiannis was able to score 1 FT with all the lights on the face.

OLY rising their level, and PAO more consistent. Giannakopoulos was drunk the day he signed Pedoulakis.

About greek guards, my top is Diamantidis = Papaloukas > Spanoulis > Calathes. I keep Sloukas or Zisis out of the discussion, although both are/were enormous players.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    When you guys are happy with him, we are too hhahahahaahahahahhahahah
    dont worry. we have been,we are and we will be happy with him. im trying to find out a photo with larkin as well but i cant find any. can you help me?

btw so far in this season the easiest win for panathinaikos was against larkin's team
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

I give up, I have no answer for this post of yours. hahahahahahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Yesterday's game was insane, great level from both teams, and great atmosphere at OAKA. The only thing I dont understand were the flares. I dont know how Papagiannis was able to score 1 FT with all the lights on the face.

OLY rising their level, and PAO more consistent. Giannakopoulos was drunk the day he signed Pedoulakis.

About greek guards, my top is Diamantidis = Papaloukas > Spanoulis > Calathes. I keep Sloukas or Zisis out of the discussion, although both are/were enormous players.
    sure i agree with the order. nobody said that calathes is on their level (yet cause at the age of 30 all these had 1 euroleague as well,lets wait and see what calathes has done at the end of his career. btw next season the taxes in greek sports will be reduced from 45% to 22% which means the teams can invest appproximately 3 more millions on players without changing the total budget. for a team like panathinaikos this means we can get a top quality and expensive center which is our biggest problem every season and still have money to buy more expensive players than rion brown,bentil etc that just fulfill the 12man squad).

but its funny when everyone critisizes calathes for his shooting (which is great so far this season taking out yesterday's game) and keep talking only about shooting. calathes is among the best in EVERY CATEGORY. not even diamantidis did this on his prime,who is considered perhaps the best two way guard in euroleague history. if calathes had his shooting abilities he would only come to europe for vacation.

i like larkin as well,but why did the nba teams let him leave to europe if he is such a great player? why didnt any serious team got interested in him? why did celtics prefered to keep wannamaker instead of larkin? does defense matter so much to them? why dont they ask the interbasket experts to tell them that larkin is a god among humans and take him to dominate in nba as well?
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

I would like to read Bob's comparative between Real Madrid and Barcelona.
    It depends when Barca’s pgs will be ready to play and how they will play. Real is much better, if Hanga plays as starting Pg. The problem for Real is his dependence on Campazzo. Real needs healthy and in form Campazzo in April and May. All teams healthy and Campazzo, Deck, Randolph, Tavares in good condition I would say, Real slightly in front of Barca and then Efes. But realistically anybody from those 3 can win in F4. On the other hand I believe that Barca, if Pangos, Huertel returns is the most likely to survive important injuries.
    previously known as Beno

+2 blocks +defence against all guards of olympiakos+got defended hard by all of their backcourt.

btw calathes is in top15 in all categories,apart from blocks (not even diamantidis on his best seasons managed to do that)
    PIR 5TH
    POINTS 10th
    TOTAL REBOUNDS 13th (he is the 4th I REPEAT FOURTH defensive rebounder in the league playing as a pg)
    ASSIST 1ST
    STEALS 4TH
    FOULS DRAWN 4TH
    2PT SHOTS MADE 7TH
    3PT SHOTS MADE 33RD
    FIELD GOALS MADE 6TH
    ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO 8TH
    btw even after his 0-9 3pointers yesterday he is still averaging 35% from the 3pt line this season higher than many of those so called "shooters" and he is not treated like they used to do with him last season when he was shooting all alone

he is by far the best player in the league along mirotic. of course larkin is a great player,of course he is far better at scoring than calathes but basketball is played on both sides of the court. otherwise shved and khimki would have been euroleague champions every season. but they are not,cause their defence sucks.

btw im still waiting for an answer to the question i made multiple times to mike james fans in here. where did james lead his team last season and where did calathes lead his team,considering the fact that armani had bigger budget than panathinaikos. they had a clash on almost a knock out match at italy the second to last round of last season and calathes had 29points,14 assists and 9 rebounds for 1 turnover. the leader james is still to be seen in that match

but i can understand some of the turkish butthurt fans in here. calathes has the same amount of euroleagues with all their teams combined in their entire history. thats just too much to bear with
    Take out Zalgiris game and it’s 28%. My point is that normally non shooter won’t become a shooter that late in his career, but he might has some good shooting periods. For the teams like Pao season in reality start in playoffs.
    I don’t understand why coaches don’t use more hack the Nick strategy late in the games. Oly would have very probably won with this strategy yesterday.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It depends when Barca’s pgs will be ready to play and how they will play. Real is much better, if Hanga plays as starting Pg. The problem for Real is his dependence on Campazzo. Real needs healthy and in form Campazzo in April and May. All teams healthy and Campazzo, Deck, Randolph, Tavares in good condition I would say, Real slightly in front of Barca and then Efes. But realistically anybody from those 3 can win in F4. On the other hand I believe that Barca, if Pangos, Huertel returns is the most likely to survive important injuries.
    Pangos has been really really averaged with Barça, Campazzo destroyed him every time quiet easily. And let's see how Heurtel will return.

Pangos, Heurtel and Delaney are really similar, Barça should have signed another type of PG instead of Delaney.

Take out Zalgiris game and it’s 28%. My point is that normally non shooter won’t become a shooter that late in his career, but he might has some good shooting periods. For the teams like Pao season in reality start in playoffs. I don’t understand why coaches don’t use more hack the Nick strategy late in the games. Oly would very probably won with this strategy yesterday.
    before yesterday's match he had the 2nd best % in 3pt shots in the team after rice and above fredette and thomas. he was also the best shooter in the greek national team. nobody expects him to shoot 45% like he did with the nt or with panathinaikos until yesterday but 35% is a good percentage cause the opponents will think twice before goind under the screen. he is not a shooter but if his first one drops then everything drops and after that he is pretty unstoppable cause if not denied under screen he can easily drive all night to the basket where he is great

his ft is the problem cause he gets fouled a lot and shoots a lot of free throws which is easy points.

but my overall point to the haters is they only talk about his shooting. i wonder if they saw the match yesterday and the defence he played. let me help with probably the most important defence in the game at th overtime with him already playing with 4 fouls
    https://twitter.com/the_BasketHead/s...73185626894338
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Pangos has been really really averaged with Barça, Campazzo destroyed him every time quiet easily. And let's see how Heurtel will return.

Pangos, Heurtel and Delaney are really similar, Barça should have signed another type of PG instead of Delaney.
    Even if they’re mediocre, they are still light years better than Hanga. Campazzo is of course much better, but can he last 80 matches, seeing how Llull struggles physically?
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 12-07-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    previously known as Beno

before yesterday's match he had the 2nd best % in 3pt shots in the team after rice and above fredette and thomas. he was also the best shooter in the greek national team. nobody expects him to shoot 45% like he did with the nt or with panathinaikos until yesterday but 35% is a good percentage cause the opponents will think twice before goind under the screen. he is not a shooter but if his first one drops then everything drops and after that he is pretty unstoppable cause if not denied under screen he can easily drive all night to the basket where he is great

his ft is the problem cause he gets fouled a lot and shoots a lot of free throws which is easy points.

but my overall point to the haters is they only talk about his shooting. i wonder if they saw the match yesterday and the defence he played. let me help with probably the most important defence in the game at th overtime with him already playing with 4 fouls
    https://twitter.com/the_BasketHead/s...73185626894338
    I all in all like Calathes, he really does everything, but it’s the fact that Pao is 1/13 in playoffs in last 4 years. We can discuss what kind of roster Pao had, but still, 1/13 is brutal. And we have seen yesterday in close and important match, how much of a liability is he in half court offense in last minutes. Pao is giving Calathes the keys and 2.6 mio to win something and not to just play good overall basketball.
    previously known as Beno

barcelona's problem is not their guards. barcelona's problem is their coach. with this roster and pasqual instead of pesic barcelona will probably had this backcourt diamantidis,jasikevicius,nicholas,calathes,spanoul is,tepic(coming from a great season with partizan being probably the best youngster in euroleague that season) and perperoglou,fotsis,tsartsaris,haislip,batiste,peko vic in forwards and frontcourt and got eliminated by marousi and partizan at top16 cause we were not a good team,although we probably had the best roster ever presented by a team in euroleague history
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

I all in all like Calathes, he really does everything, but it’s the fact that Pao is 1/13 in playoffs in last 4 years. We can discuss what kind of roster Pao had, but still 1/13 is brutal. And we have seen yesterday in close and important match, how much of a liability is he half court offense in last minutes. Pao is giving Calathes the keys and 2.6 mio to win something not to just play good overall basketball.
    he was bad against baskonia (even though it was still diamantidis team) and fener the next season. against real he wasnt the reason we lost the series,he was the reason we were so close and imo better in that series and almost himself fought both matches in madrid. we lost that series cause singleton did nothing and allowed thompkins and reyes look like the best pf in the world in the 2nd match,gist did nothing the whole series and panathinaikos was playing without any wings(lojeski non factor and rivers got 2 shots in 3 games. with rivers healthy panathinaikos would have probably win the series that season and maybe the f4 as well,real won that easily

last season real had a much better roster than panathinaikos,it was a miracle and because of calathes we even reached that stage
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

he was bad against baskonia (even though it was still diamantidis team) and fener the next season. against real he wasnt the reason we lost the series,he was the reason we were so close and imo better in that series and almost himself fought both matches in madrid. we lost that series cause singleton did nothing and allowed thompkins and reyes look like the best pf in the world in the 2nd match,gist did nothing the whole series and panathinaikos was playing without any wings(lojeski non factor and rivers got 2 shots in 3 games. with rivers healthy panathinaikos would have probably win the series that season and maybe the f4 as well,real won that easily

last season real had a much better roster than panathinaikos,it was a miracle and because of calathes we even reached that stage
    Calathes has similar problems than Simmons in Nba. Coaches just leave them alone on perimeter in playoffs, (Simmons is of course even more extreme example), taking away their drives and pick&roll, basically guarding 5/4 others. Sure Calathes will punished them in some games, but that strategy mostly works, because even if Calathes has good game others haven’t. Numbers normally don’t lie and 1/13 is brutal, no matter with whom you have played.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Overthetop View Post
    Beast of the Bosphorus rules !

Derrick is flashy with his blocks in defense, but he is still losing his man in switching defense, sometimes he is going to a wrong direction, he needs improve his defense more. Sloukas also made some mistakes in switching defense in Alba game despite his great performance at offense, he also needs to be more careful.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Derrick is flashy with his blocks in defense, but he is still losing his man in switching defense, sometimes he is going to a wrong direction, he needs improve his defense more. Sloukas also made some mistakes in switching defense in Alba game despite his great performance at offense, he also needs to be more careful.
    Yes, he peps up the crowd of Ülker Arena with his athleticism and energy but in order to meet Obra's criterias, he should do better in defense.
    The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

This should be Williams turnover. I got to ask, why Oly players didn't send Calathes to free throw line in last possesion?

On topic,Rice`s 41 pojnts I touched occurences in Euroleague due big number of games and how that creates order untill January or February .Does anyone think Efes will be champion of Euroleague ? Baskonia lost against Milano 30points,after that Baskonia won two games with10points ,and after that lost two games with 30 points.Fenerbahce in this system of competition,could afford score 2-7 ,and who knows maybe win Euroleague .

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    This should be Williams turnover. I got to ask, why Oly players didn't send Calathes to free throw line in last possesion?
    That and not fouling PG. Baldwin didn't have the experience, knowledge or smarts. Kemzura should have told his players to foul but they didn't.

Same thing happened a few years ago. A foul not made when Oly had 2 more to give which ultimately gave PAO the win knocking out Oly in the cup. After the game Barjokas was bashed by Gate 7 in the parking lot when the team bus returned and then fired the next day. That he won the EL the previous season counted for nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvOpSEdmVNg&t=83s
    Last edited by EverGreen; 12-08-2019 at 06:46 AM.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    They don't call these in Euroleague (as they don't in NBA) for about 2 years now...
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

an hour or so before the start of the game
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast