Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague regular season: Week 12

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    For the top teams only F4 counts and there’s everything possible.
    You must first win the playoffs and final four comes then and your shape during the playoffs rarely changes during final four. I am not talking about the results but the point from where you need to be in top shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    You must first win the playoffs and final four comes then and your shape during the playoffs rarely changes during final four. I am not talking about the results but the point from where you need to be in top shape.
    Better team/team with deeper roster almost always win playoffs. If you give me good odds, I would bet on Real, Barca and Efes making F4.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 12-07-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    previously known as Beno

Is there any site where you can check players' +/- while on court numbers for EL games? Curious to sea Vougioukas' numbers for today...

What do you say about Sanli my fellow turks? 11,5 points average in 14 minutes playtime and 73% fgp. It is hard to hate him right now and I love hating him and Göksenin Köksal.
    I understand hate toward some players, it's individual point of view. My oppinion about Sanli was always as solid BSL center and best what we have in this moment(in terms of domestic bigs). After Dunston injury he proved me wrong, he is better then that
    It's amasing how he made every shoot from the paint and mid range 9/9.. Half of those shoots wasn't easy at all
    He will drop in performance when Dunston come back because his minutes and role will be cut, but if you give him bigger role in the team I think he could be very usefull.

Fener played the quarters like day and night. I gave up on Fenerbahce. After Veselys notification its clear that the big rotation is trash. There is no decent guard on this team. Datome wont reach his level from last season ever again. Kalinic fooled us a bit in 17/18 playoff and final four. The team is not hungry enough, too fragile and the roster is not good enough.
    Agree about Kalinic, I never liked him and his less then pure skill set. But I always respected his hustle and desire. Now when we lack of almost everything I am totaly disappointed about his atitude toward game. He looks like not interested enough, without energy and concentration, turnover machine. Add to that he is weak shooter and ball handler, then we must ask what is his role in this team?
    Partially agree about Datome too, but even below 2017 level he is better then most forwards in EL and that's enough for us.
    Can't agree there isn't decent guard in the team. We have the second best guard in EL.

Quote Originally Posted by dgd13 View Post
    Is there any site where you can check players' +/- while on court numbers for EL games? Curious to sea Vougioukas' numbers for today...
    Overbasket.com

But I never liked that stat it seems always to be misleading and surprisingly not reflective of what’s going on.
    Vougioukas was a minus 6. But for example Milutinov was a -12.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

What do you say about Sanli my fellow turks? 11,5 points average in 14 minutes playtime and 73% fgp. It is hard to hate him right now and I love hating him and Göksenin Köksal.
    Do you remember the discussion we've about Sertac Sanli? You were lowballing him while I was defending him. The guy has a quality. If not for his performance after Dunston's injury, now Efes would only have Pleiss and they would be in a very tough spot. Except for milan game, he is saving Efes' butt after Dunston's injury.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Overbasket.com

But I never liked that stat it seems always to be misleading and surprisingly not reflective of what’s going on.
    Vougioukas was a minus 6. But for example Milutinov was a -12.
    Thanks a lot. Guess just like all statistics, they don't really mean much without the context.

In this case though, in a game that was finally won, to be the only player (along with Papapetrou) with a negative +/-, in addition to a negative PIR, in a relatively low playing time, it hints that he was somewhat hurtful for the team today.

To me, and I haven't watched any extended highlights or the whole game in replay, it seemed that in Q3 when we were ahead by +13 and it looked like things were getting out of hand for Oly, Vougioukas entered the court and he was a big black hole, mainly in Defense and they managed to get back into the game.

As much as I like the guy and especially his skills and basketball IQ, given his playstyle, limited athleticism and at 34 years of age, I believe his role should be limited to when the offense is struggling in order to get the ball in the paint and get some easy baskets/free throws to give some tempo to team. Otherwise he is too big of a liability defensively.

Anyhow, great win today, next 5-6 will reveal PAO's real targets, whether we are contenders for Top-8 or something better perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    I'm curious, do pao fans actually mistake getting miraculous games from nothing players as having a good team? 39 from Papapetrou, 41 from Rice, that's two lottery tickets won in the span of a month.

We lost when Papapetrou scored 39.

So your comment is stupid.

Nothing new here though.

Beast of the Bosphorus rules !

The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Perasovic must be feeling the heat. Ok, he has lost a couple players but being smashed by 30 points is too much for a team that was expected to be in top 8. This was the 3rd time so far this year. Two of those annihilations coming on their home court.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Efes is strong like a hell. Even without Dunston and Moerman.

They are my first pick for title.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    We lost when Papapetrou scored 39.

So your comment is stupid.

Nothing new here though.
    You didn't get blown out at home, as you deserved, and you won in overtime last night instead of being blown out at home, as you deserved.

So my comment stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post

I am still curious how they will perform in playoff series. But yeah, they look really good.

13/12 barcelona (away)
    17/12 fenerbahce (home)
    19/12 maccabi(away)
    26/12 real (home)
    3/1 csska (away)
    9/1 armani (away)

our next 6 games will show us what are our goal is. the least we need to do in these matches is win the 2 home court matches. first because if we just keep our court undefeated from now on,we will be at top8 which is the minimum expectation. second because fener is a contender for the same spots,so a win against them count as double.
    if we manage to win 1 or 2 away matches as well,then we can fight for home court advantage in the playoffs as well. i think hca will be determined at 22 wins and the teams that will probably fight for that are csska,maccabi and panathinaikos (with efes,real,barcelona first 3). we need to focus on the armani game, cause they are a joke team and they should thank clown pedoulakis they won at OAKA and apart from that their court is nothing special,we will have 500-1000 fans as well,so it will feel like a home game. and in the other 3 games with barcelona,maccabi(will have short backcourt rotation against us due to their injuries) and csska play without pressure and whatever we can get is a plus. even if we lose though we need to keep the gap close.

after that the schedule is very easy with 3 home games in a row with bad teams(zalgiris,asvel and bayern).

but anyway the 6 teams that will be in the playoffs look quite obvious (efes,real,barcelona,maccabi,csska,panathinaikos) and for the last 2 spots i think fener will be the one (they will probably be there even as 8th) and the fight for the last spot will be between khimki and armani,with khimki having more chances for it imo
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post

Now you are risking punch in the face, Killer Bob will not let you saying someone is more talented and stronger then Barca

Joke aside, they are strong, but too dependent of Larkin or Micic which could expose them to big problems in case of injury one of them. That is the only weak spot I noticed until now, there is no backup plan in that case.

On the other side they can survive absence of any frontcourt player because even third center or forward can play on highest level like we see in Sanli case(best 2pt percentage in EL)
    Last edited by janketa; 12-07-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Now you are risking punch in the face, Killer Bob will not let you saying someone is more talented and stronger then Barca

Joke aside, they are strong, but too dependent of Larkin or Micic which could expose them to big problems in case of injury one of them. That is the only weak spot I noticed until now, there is no backup plan in that case.

On the other side they can survive absence of any frontcourt player because even third center or forward can play on highest level like we see in Sanli case(best 2pt percentage in EL)
    I would like to read Bob's comparative between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Calathes last night had 14 pts 10 rebs 6 asists 3 steals and 19 pir. That was his worst match this year, what a bad player, a second unit player. Many baskeball experts in here...

Quote Originally Posted by prasinos View Post
    Calathes last night had 14 pts 10 rebs 6 asists 3 steals and 19 pir. That was his worst match this year, what a bad player, a second unit player. Many baskeball experts in here...
    +2 blocks +defence against all guards of olympiakos+got defended hard by all of their backcourt.

btw calathes is in top15 in all categories,apart from blocks (not even diamantidis on his best seasons managed to do that)
    PIR 5TH
    POINTS 10th
    TOTAL REBOUNDS 13th (he is the 4th I REPEAT FOURTH defensive rebounder in the league playing as a pg)
    ASSIST 1ST
    STEALS 4TH
    FOULS DRAWN 4TH
    2PT SHOTS MADE 7TH
    3PT SHOTS MADE 33RD
    FIELD GOALS MADE 6TH
    ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO 8TH
    btw even after his 0-9 3pointers yesterday he is still averaging 35% from the 3pt line this season higher than many of those so called "shooters" and he is not treated like they used to do with him last season when he was shooting all alone

he is by far the best player in the league along mirotic. of course larkin is a great player,of course he is far better at scoring than calathes but basketball is played on both sides of the court. otherwise shved and khimki would have been euroleague champions every season. but they are not,cause their defence sucks.

btw im still waiting for an answer to the question i made multiple times to mike james fans in here. where did james lead his team last season and where did calathes lead his team,considering the fact that armani had bigger budget than panathinaikos. they had a clash on almost a knock out match at italy the second to last round of last season and calathes had 29points,14 assists and 9 rebounds for 1 turnover. the leader james is still to be seen in that match

but i can understand some of the turkish butthurt fans in here. calathes has the same amount of euroleagues with all their teams combined in their entire history. thats just too much to bear with
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

When you guys are happy with him, we are too hhahahahaahahahahhahahah

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast