Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Sorry for spamming, but one more thing I would like to hear from Levenspiel or any other Turkish forum friend.

Killer Bob mentioned that Micic seemed to be flustered after Micics performance. I have the same feeling. Quite often. Also vice versa when Micic has the better game. This alpha dog battle reminds me at Mike James vs. Nedovic in Olimpia Milano but much better working. On the other hand it seems their relation is very positive, they often applause each other etc. But obviously some kind of competition going on inside the team. As mentioned before, I don't get Beaubois in all this. He has this absent mindset. Maybe it's just his character but he lost his starting spot last year and is a very good player.
    Larkin was hot tonight and Micic had off day, that's all. Still they are the best duo in Europe, not just because they are individually great players and good in every segment of the game, but they are complementary too.
    Micic didn't force at all tonight because he saw how much Larkin wanted that record and that show enough about their relationship.

He should try at least. Worse player made a solid contribution over there. He has the tools needed. Quick first step, explosiveness, good pick game, solid shooting from 3 and half-distance, he can finish under contact. Everything a NBA team wants from a guard. Noone says that he is Steve Nash but I don't see that he is worse than Raul Neto...
    I agree with everything but just not with "solid 3 point shooter". He is definitely not solid.

Kleber shoots 35,8% for 3. Just because he blocks some shots doesn't mean he is a good defender. He is nothing more but a solid defender in my honest opinion. And Cedi Osman that much more athletic than Vasa? Really? Hm, okay, maybe I don't follow him that much in NBA.

i see Micic in a role of 15 min. in a team like Orlando. And I think he can fullfill it the same way Satoransky does it at Wizards. A solid 2nd unit point guard. I just think we have completely different vision of his potential which is okay to me. Time will tell. Maybe he will fail drastically and land in Oostende. I'm not obsessed with him, he played for my team but is not from our system but Mega's one. I just don't see this lockdown defender thing at his position. From regularly playing 65 PGs in NBA maybe 15 are "lockdown defenders", whatever that means in e.g. Eastern Conference that is worse than ever. Do you really think he can't add 8pts and 4as in the East? Really? I do. It's a thing of perception. He has to know if he wants this kind of role in a team or not. Personally I would try it. If not he can paly in Europe literally wherever he wants.
    1. I have watched every Mavs game, so believe me that I know why and how they use Kleber. 35% for a big is very solid btw.
    2. Sato is playing for Bulls now.
    3. I can agree that Micic can get 10-15 minutes in best case scenario.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I’m not the one writing exclamation points. And Fener is really bad.
    Fener is bad, and Barca isn't much better This defeat against CSKA on homecourt is shamefull, with Mirotic on the court
    Fener at least lost without De Colo

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Fener is bad, and Barca isn't much better This defeat against CSKA on homecourt is shamefull, with Mirotic on the court
    Fener at least lost without De Colo
    You’re right. Barca is only 11 places in front of Fener in standings. Big disappointment for them.
    previously known as Beno

You’re right. Barca is only 11 places in front of Fener in standings. Big disappointment for them.
    And much better schedule until now. They played against Efes without Larkin for instance

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    And much better schedule until now. They played against Efes without Larkin for instance
    Yes, and having the best starting Pg in the league so they can afford to sent both Pgs on vacation.
    previously known as Beno

1. I have watched every Mavs game, so believe me that I know why and how they use Kleber. 35% for a big is very solid btw.
    2. Sato is playing for Bulls now.
    3. I can agree that Micic can get 10-15 minutes in best case scenario.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/playe...alPct/dir/desc
    Do you really think? It's average.
    2. Of course Bulls. Lapsus. Sorry.
    3. Wow.

Sorry for spamming, but one more thing I would like to hear from Levenspiel or any other Turkish forum friend.

Killer Bob mentioned that Micic seemed to be flustered after Micics performance. I have the same feeling. Quite often. Also vice versa when Micic has the better game. This alpha dog battle reminds me at Mike James vs. Nedovic in Olimpia Milano but much better working. On the other hand it seems their relation is very positive, they often applause each other etc. But obviously some kind of competition going on inside the team. As mentioned before, I don't get Beaubois in all this. He has this absent mindset. Maybe it's just his character but he lost his starting spot last year and is a very good player.
    Referring to your previous point, due to several reasons I mentioned earlier, I personally still can't see "winning it all" as a realistic possibility, but Larkin tweeted otherwise, he actually believes in it, and who am I to disagree?

As for internal conflict between players, I don't really see it. If you watched the previous games, for example, some games were won by Micic, and Larkin readily handed over the keys. Today he was in the zone, and as he said post-game he had to convince Ataman to put him back in the game for the last 4 minutes. Unless I forget, he has never costed a game for Efes by playing hero ball, he does not force it if it's his day. (Btw, 49 pts is the current EL record, post-2000, not all-time)

Beaubois, to be frank, does not deserve to be upset about his role. He was a liability until the last 3-4 games, and only now he is only now he started to deliver.

Btw, Anderson also put me in my place, excellent defensive game today.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I agree with everything but just not with "solid 3 point shooter". He is definitely not solid.
    He's at 40% in EL. Is that bad for EL with that amount of attempts?

26/65...Don't forget that just 5 players took more attempts than him in all Euroleague.

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/playe...alPct/dir/desc
    Do you really think? It's average.
    2. Of course Bulls. Lapsus. Sorry.
    3. Wow.
    1. Solid, average, who cares. He’s there to defend and make spacing for Luka. They have even given him new, very solid contact this year.
    3. Which player with similar characteristics like Micic is anything more than bench warmer in Nba? He looks to me pretty useless of ball and he won’t get that much ball like in Efes. He’s pretty useless even in Serbian NT, because there were always others with bigger roles. If someone gives him the ball like Ataman has, then the story can be different, but that’s very unlikely to happen in Nba.
    previously known as Beno

He's at 40% in EL. Is that bad for EL with that amount of attempts?

26/65...Don't forget that just 5 players took more attempts than him in all Euroleague.
    Stats are surely important but for me the eye tester is far more important. He has a very smooth shot and the feeling in his fingers but one problem he forces sometimes too much which is normal for a guy that young and he still has his off days. I expect when talking about solidity a player who choses always the right position and a good percentage in almost all games.

For example just from the release Mahmutoglu has one of the nices shots in Europe but what makes this weapon a good weapon is the selection of the right choises.

1. Solid, average, who cares. He’s there to defend and make spacing for Luka. They even give him new contact this year.
    3. Which player with similar characteristics like Micic is anything more than bench warmer in Nba? He looks to me pretty useless of ball and he won’t get that much ball like in Efes. He’s pretty useless even in Serbian NT, because there were always others with bigger roles. If someone gives him the ball like Ataman, then the story can be different, but that’s very unlikely to happen in Nba.
    It's really getting useless. I think we cleared our points and should stay flexible in approach. It simply has to be seen. Maybe he won't even go over and all this discussion is useless.

@Toruko: Agree about decision making and forcing. But that's Efes game.

The big difference between Mahmutoglu and Vasilije is in capability of creating for themselves. Mahmutoglu is a great shooter and not just spot up, he is for sure the purer shooter but usually hits exclusively from spot up or coming out blocks.

In Nba you’re a star, which Micic won’t be or you have some speciality to be good role player, which Micic hasn’t. He can go, but will be very soon back.
    What kind of bullshit is this? NBA is filled to the brim with role players who can do a little bit of everything. On the contrary, specialty players who is inevitably a liability on some aspect are getting much rarer to see as they are easily exposed
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    What kind of bullshit is this? NBA is filled to the brim with role players who can do a little bit of everything. On the contrary, specialty players who is inevitably a liability on some aspect are getting much rarer to see as they are easily exposed
    Do you sure about that? I see few stars and a bunch of role players with very defined roles. Rim protectors, 3&D players...Micic needs the ball to be effective and that in my opinion is not exactly the best position for a role player.
    previously known as Beno

Micic is a very solid passer, decides quickly, have a decent speed should be enough for NBA bench play maker. He has size for a pg. Finishing at the rim might be a problem though. My estimation for a possible start is 15 minutes ball distributer of a team from the bench. Finishing will be a problem

When a 17 year old guy blocks you, you have no chance to finish in nba.

https://twitter.com/TurkisHHopes/sta...78800950939649

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Micic is a very solid passer, decides quickly, have a decent speed should be enough for NBA bench play maker. He has size for a pg. Finishing at the rim might be a problem though. My estimation for a possible start is 15 minutes ball distributer of a team from the bench. Finishing will be a problem

When a 17 year old guy blocks you, you have no chance to finish in nba.

https://twitter.com/TurkisHHopes/sta...78800950939649
    It's not important how old the guy is that blocks you. He finishes extremely good under pressure by multiple bigs. Could post several ones, the first one i found:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqo5W1H6G9s

Attacking the rim is one of his strongest attitudes.

It's not important how old the guy is that blocks you. He finishes extremely good under pressure by multiple bigs. Could post several ones, the first one i found:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqo5W1H6G9s

Attacking the rim is one of his strongest attitudes.
    Yeah i know but nba athletes are a bit better than these guys protecting the rim. I am not convinced about his finishing abilities on nba level. He must prove me wrong first. Nothing against him though,

I’m not the one writing exclamation points. And Fener is really bad.
    Just like Barcelona playing 80’s Basketball with Delaney on steering wheel and Tomic on passenger’s seat.
    Def.not a match of Efes,Cska and Real!!!

Defeat Real Madrid by 20 in the finals.

You are speaking about Micic and Larkin, and then, with no sense, you put Real Madrid on the conversation. Some of you are obsessed with us.

By the way, good win today with Campazzo and Deck shining.

The useless Deck is averaging 23 of PIR in the last 4 games (Barça, Khimki, CSKA and Zenit). The story that happened with Campazzo (who was a bluff, read here) has been repeated.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast