Euroleague Regular Season: Week 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Breadfan View Post
    It’s important to mention the general basketball atmosphere at Anadolu Efes,as well.It’s obvious that players are feeling the game.Ataman is a kind of coach who gives freedom to players which adds to their self-confidence.
    He doesn't give them freedom - this is the wrong word. Larkin and Micic can do literally whatever they want. This is borderline between genius and carelessness. But it works. Why he should change it. His role management fits. Even I have the feeling Beaubois is not that happy with his situation.

Comment

• Comparing Efes and Barca talents(or Mirotic and Larkin) looks kinda ridiculous in this moment, isn't it Beno?

Barca was lucky to play against Efes without Larkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
        Comparing Efes and Barca talents(or Mirotic and Larkin) looks kinda ridiculous in this moment, isn't it Beno?

Barca was lucky to play against Efes without Larkin.
        Big conclusions after 1 game. That kind of Larkin should be a star in Nba, but he’s not, isn’t he? Why do you think that Larkin is not playing in Nba? Barca desperately needs their Pgs back. Pesic kinda sabotaged Barca with keep playing disastrous Tomic in Q3. Btw. Micic was visually flustered with Larkin today. I’m not sure that this hero ball is receipt for winning in Europe.
        previously known as Beno

Comment

• This is getting more and more ridiculous. Can anyone recall situation where some team were losing with 10 point difference and in the end grab a victory? What is happening now is that some team get ten point difference and their opponent just give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
            He should try at least. Worse player made a solid contribution over there. He has the tools needed. Quick first step, explosiveness, good pick game, solid shooting from 3 and half-distance, he can finish under contact. Everything a NBA team wants from a guard. Noone says that he is Steve Nash but I don't see that he is worse than Raul Neto...
            In Nba you’re a star, which Micic won’t be or you have some speciality to be good role player, which Micic hasn’t. He can go, but will be very soon back.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
              Big conclusions after 1 game. That kind of Larkin should be a star in Nba, but he’s not, isn’t he? Why do you think that Larkin is not playing in Nba? Barca desperately needs their Pgs back. Pesic kinda sabotaged Barca with keep playing disastrous Tomic in Q3. Btw. Micic was visually flustered with Larkin today. I’m not sure that this hero ball is receipt for winning in Europe.
              After one game?? It's 11th round mate
              And you were one that claimed after first round about Barca superiority over Efes, after just one game!!
              What about Delaney, isn't he pg?

Comment

After one game?? It's 11th round mate
                And you were one that claimed after first round about Barca superiority over Efes, after just one game!!
                What about Delaney, isn't he pg?
                Starting Pg for Barca is Hanga.

I honestly don’t need your aggressive behavior after every bad result of Barca. I don’t even care about them. So please leave me out in the future.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by tronis View Post
                  Its not dumb belief that Oly has been treated unfairly in A1.Its a fact.Also its not dumb belief that Calathes Fredette is the best duo.Its just delusional.
                  Ok buddy.
                  3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

In Nba you’re a star, which Micic won’t be or you have some speciality to be good role player, which Micic hasn’t. He can go, but will be very soon back.
                    The possibility exists of course. But as it is quite sure that he'll go over next summer we should wait with conclusions.

I have to add that the star vs. "one thing should be perfect in your reportoire" thing is an often mentioned and overrated phrase. I don't see any extra skillset in Maxi Kleber or Juancho Hernangomez. They are just solid players with some athletic skills. They don't have anything that makes them better than the average American player in a specific segment. What's Cedi Osman's mega skillset? He is a talented player that can do different things. Pretty much the same base like Vasa and a dozen other European players have. What's Satoransky's extra skill? His length? His "regular season defense"? Or just his compatibility because he has a good mix of vision, athleticism...I mean, it's not that easy to declare things in basketball like we sometimes pretend.

At the end I have to agree with you. With the kind of basketball Efes plays I would be rather surprised if they take it all. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Real with 20 in the finals for example. That's what makes them fun to watch.
                    Last edited by Katastroika; 11-29-2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Starting Pg for Barca is Hanga.

I honestly don’t need your aggressive behavior after every bad result of Barca. I don’t even care about them. So please leave me out in the future.
                      I hope you will do the same with Fener and you comments about much better roster whenever Fener lose the game

Comment

• Larkin and Micic again the best duo in EL, combined 49 points

Comment

• Sorry for spamming, but one more thing I would like to hear from Levenspiel or any other Turkish forum friend.

Killer Bob mentioned that Micic seemed to be flustered after Micics performance. I have the same feeling. Quite often. Also vice versa when Micic has the better game. This alpha dog battle reminds me at Mike James vs. Nedovic in Olimpia Milano but much better working. On the other hand it seems their relation is very positive, they often applause each other etc. But obviously some kind of competition going on inside the team. As mentioned before, I don't get Beaubois in all this. He has this absent mindset. Maybe it's just his character but he lost his starting spot last year and is a very good player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                            The possibility exists of course. But as it is quite sure that he'll go over next summer we should wait with conclusions.

I have to add that the star vs. "one thing should be perfect in your reportoire" thing is an often mentioned and overrated phrase. I don't see any extra skillset in Maxi Kleber or Juancho Hernangomez. They are just solid players with some athletic skills. They don't have anything that makes them better than the average American player in a specific segment. What's Cedi Osman's mega skillset? He is a talented player that can do different things. Pretty much the same base like Vasa and a dozen other European players have.
                            Kleber is playing for Mavs, because he’s very good defender and can hit open 3s, which is crucial for their spacing. Juancho is benchwarmer and Cedi is bigger and more athletic than Micic, playing for a club, which only goal is to get as better draft pick possible. What will be Micic do in Nba? Will they give him the keys? No. Will he be lockdown defender? No. Will he be great catch and shoot player? No. He’s very good in Europe because he’s good in everything, but Nba is totally different league. They don’t need Micic to be solid in everything, they need players, who can complement their stars.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

I hope you will do the same with Fener and you comments about much better roster whenever Fener lose the game
                              I’m not the one writing exclamation points. And Fener is really bad.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Kleber is playing for Mavs, because he’s very good defender and can hit open 3s, which is crucial for their spacing. Juancho is benchwarmer and Cedi is bigger and more athletic than Micic, playing for a club, which only goal is to get as better draft pick possible. What will be Micic do in Nba? Will they give him the keys? No. Will he be lockdown defender? No. Will he be great catch and shoot player? No. He’s very good in Europe because he’s good in everything, but Nba is totally different league. They don’t need Micic to be solid in everything, they need players, who can complement their stars.
                                Kleber shoots 35,8% for 3. Just because he blocks some shots doesn't mean he is a good defender. He is nothing more but a solid defender in my honest opinion. And Cedi Osman that much more athletic than Vasa? Really? Hm, okay, maybe I don't follow him that much in NBA.

i see Micic in a role of 15 min. in a team like Orlando. And I think he can fullfill it the same way Satoransky does it at Wizards. A solid 2nd unit point guard. I just think we have completely different vision of his potential which is okay to me. Time will tell. Maybe he will fail drastically and land in Oostende. I'm not obsessed with him, he played for my team but is not from our system but Mega's one. I just don't see this lockdown defender thing at his position. From regularly playing 65 PGs in NBA maybe 15 are "lockdown defenders", whatever that means in e.g. Eastern Conference that is worse than ever. Do you really think he can't add 8pts and 4as in the East? Really? I do. It's a thing of perception. He has to know if he wants this kind of role in a team or not. Personally I would try it. If not he can paly in Europe literally wherever he wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information