Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 11

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Defeat Real Madrid by 20 in the finals.

You are speaking about Micic and Larkin, and then, with no sense, you put Real Madrid on the conversation. Some of you are obsessed with us.

By the way, good win today with Campazzo and Deck shining.

The useless Deck is averaging 23 of PIR in the last 4 games (Barça, Khimki, CSKA and Zenit). The story that happened with Campazzo (who was a bluff, read here) has been repeated.
    I'm rally not obsessed with Real, in fact it's my favourite Spanish team. I don't get why you feel so offended by it. I just put you there because you are my favourite for winning the title. Could have put CSKA or anyone else who will get far, too there. Maybe you should read the comment again...I really don't see how I can be obsessed with Real (especially in a negative way) if I am living 3.000km away from Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I'm rally not obsessed with Real, in fact it's my favourite Spanish team. I don't get why you feel so offended by it. I just put you there because you are my favourite for winning the title. Could have put CSKA or anyone else who will get far, too there. Maybe you should read the comment again...I really don't see how I can be obsessed with Real (especially in a negative way) if I am living 3.000km away from Madrid
    Speak about finals un November is a mistake, too much can happen until May.

Fin fact that Real Madrid let Larkin and Micic un a combines PIR of 11 (1 and 10) in Istanbul. And we lost by 16 points. Se manager to play a good defense on him, but our offense that day was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Do you sure about that? I see few stars and a bunch of role players with very defined roles. Rim protectors, 3&D players...Micic needs the ball to be effective and that in my opinion is not exactly the best position for a role player.
    I was going to compile stats but got bored Check this article from May. Guys who are only rim protectors are dead unless they can score, guys who are 3D but can't put the ball on the ground are dead etc. Of course they can get some minutes, regular season is too long in the NBA, but a player can't be a solid rotation piece if he has one big deficiency that opponents can easily exploit - only exceptions are guys like Jokic, Simmons etc. who are superstars in every other aspect than perimeter defense and outside shooting respectively, and even then they have a hard time because teams exploit those big deficiencies.

About Micic needing the ball... I believe his passing touch, slashing skills (which will be easier to go to rim for him in NBA), passable outside shot and defense makes him valuable to most teams.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5...-pascal-siakam
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Speak about finals un November is a mistake, too much can happen until May.

Fin fact that Real Madrid let Larkin and Micic un a combines PIR of 11 (1 and 10) in Istanbul. And we lost by 16 points. Se manager to play a good defense on him, but our offense that day was a disaster.
    I think you still didn't get what I wanted to say. Maybe I cannot express myself. Forget Real. Put Barca or CSKA instead. Hope it's okay now.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I was going to compile stats but got bored Check this article from May. Guys who are only rim protectors are dead unless they can score, guys who are 3D but can't put the ball on the ground are dead etc. Of course they can get some minutes, regular season is too long in the NBA, but a player can't be a solid rotation piece if he has one big deficiency that opponents can easily exploit - only exceptions are guys like Jokic, Simmons etc. who are superstars in every other aspect than perimeter defense and outside shooting respectively, and even then they have a hard time because teams exploit those big deficiencies.

About Micic needing the ball... I believe his passing touch, slashing skills (which will be easier to go to rim for him in NBA), passable outside shot and defense makes him valuable to most teams.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5...-pascal-siakam
    We are talking about 2 different things. Look at names in this article, Micic will be very happy to get some minutes from the bench. I don't understand from where this optimism about Micic comes from? he had 1 good season playing for very special coach, not necessary in a good way, Ataman. He wasn't anything special anywhere else, NT including. Larkin looks like superman in Efes, but cannot get serious role in Nba. Why is that? It's incredibly hard to play well in Nba, if you have very limited time and role of the bench. Slashing ability? There are Ninjas, with 5x better slashing ability than Micic and are still nobodies . His role just won't be anywhere near to what he does in Efes. Can he play in Nba? sure he can. Will he have important role there? Very unlikely.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 11-30-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    previously known as Beno

We are talking about 2 different things. Look at names in this article, Micic will be very happy to get some minutes from the bench. I don't understand from where this optimism about Micic comes from? he had 1 good season playing for very special coach, not necessary in a good way, Ataman. He wasn't anything special anywhere else, NT including. Larkin looks like superman in Efes, but cannot get serious role in Nba. Why is that? It's incredibly hard to play well in Nba, if you have very limited time and role of the bench. Slashing ability? There are Ninjas, with 5x better slashing ability than Micic and are still nobodies . His role just won't be anywhere near to what he does in Efes. Can he play in Nba? sure he can. Will he have important role there? Very unlikely.
    Larkin can't play in NBA more than 10 minutes a game because he can't defend anyone due to his height, in Efes he defends the worst offensive player of the opponent AND he has a rim protector behind him at all times, two luxuries he didn't have in NBA.

In his first year, I project Micic as 15 minute a game player in about bottom half of the teams, and having irregular minutes in the better teams. I agree that freedom given by Ataman positively affects him, but it is not the ONLY reason he can play pick and roll, defend well in Euro standards, can make threes at an above average rate, make free throws at a very well rate etc. If Wanamaker can play as a bench PG for Celtics, Micic definitely deserves a chance and probably won't come back for at least 2-3 years.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

It's incredibly hard to play well in Nba, if you have very limited time and role of the bench.
    It's not just NBA. In EL if you have limited time and role there is no chance for any player to show full potential.

Ataman gave Micic time and space and made from him what he is now. if you limit him again on 15min per game you will get just above mediocre level player like he use to be.
    But, there are players who will never explode even in case playing 40min per game, because they have limited skillset. Micic definitely isn't one of them. But, NBA would be wrong move in his career imo

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Larkin can't play in NBA more than 10 minutes a game because he can't defend anyone due to his height, in Efes he defends the worst offensive player of the opponent AND he has a rim protector behind him at all times, two luxuries he didn't have in NBA.

In his first year, I project Micic as 15 minute a game player in about bottom half of the teams, and having irregular minutes in the better teams. I agree that freedom given by Ataman positively affects him, but it is not the ONLY reason he can play pick and roll, defend well in Euro standards, can make threes at an above average rate, make free throws at a very well rate etc. If Wanamaker can play as a bench PG for Celtics, Micic definitely deserves a chance and probably won't come back for at least 2-3 years.
    Isaiah Thomas is only 5'9" and played lots of minutes until he hurt his hip.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Yeah he played playoffs a day after his sister died in a car accident and he was injured. Boston Celtics were so thankful that they traded him at the end of the season.
    Last edited by Toruko; 12-02-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    I'm a Celtics fan so I have an idea who he is and his story Larkin also played a full season in an admittedly garbage Brooklyn team, but in the last couple of years the league is even more unforgiving towards players with physical deficiencies (guys too short or too slow so they can't switch out of their position in defense). Thomas was also a huge liability on defense but compensated with volume scoring and making insane shots night in night out. He also hustled almost as much as Marcus Smart. It's very unlucky for him that he got injured before he could get a big contract, which would probably be a mistake for the offering team even though he wasn't injured.

Larkin will probably go back to NBA next year, which will settle this debate, but I just don't see him as a starting PG in NBA unless the team is really mediocre.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Yeah he played playoffs a day after his sister died in a car accident and he was injured. Boston Celtics were so thankful that they traded him at the end of the season.
    Hindsight is 20/20 so I despise Kyrie now but if you get a chance to get Kyrie by giving a 5' 9'' guy who could never be as good without Stevens and some other players of no consequence, you make that trade. It wasn't the prettiest sight in terms of loyalty but NBA is a professional league.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

This is really a good shooting round!
    https://youtu.be/SVKjoTGedsI
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OSBJfYxtQQ

What's the name of the guy doing the play by play ???....He has an awesome voice.....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678