Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 11

Senior Member Demetrios I. Soter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Rick Pitino admited yesterday he told Panathinaikos post season to sign both Wiley and Fredette and probably Rice too. In general the only 2 players Pedoulakis and they are Bentil and Brown. So it all seems that Panathinaikos was waiting for their to be an improvement in the health condition of one of Pitino's grandchildren (rare form of autism - only 300 cases worldwide) and he'd be back best chance.

Don't you love his time-outs?

"Dominate this f*cking game!"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1200138241845977090
    Yes, I love it and what is the best we have a coach, players undertand easily what he is talking. I guess under Pedoulakis according to some players reaction, they where not shure what he is talking about.
    Pitino has also described it very simply, Fredette is not bad on defence, it's just not that big and that's why his teammates have to help out when he's in the court. It can be that easy. Do not emphasize the deficit but concentrate to the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Stop writing this. The coach made it clear that it was the owners decision that didn't permit him to play. After last injuries he asked them to change their mind and fortunately he was successful.
    where he said that it was owners decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Toja View Post
    The same thing was reported in the Greek press. That the owners gave him the green light to use him. The story was that management told him to find another team, he didn't and Sfairopoulos asked management to use him in the rotation.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by Toja View Post
    He literally said "I want to thank the owners who gave us the chance to use him". He didn't even mention the management, he named directly the owners.

Evidently they tried to get rid of his contract in order to save money but no team was found to engage him, so the order given till this game was not to utilize him.

He literally said "I want to thank the owners who gave us the chance to use him". He didn't even mention the management, he named directly the owners.

Evidently they tried to get rid of his contract in order to save money but no team was found to engage him, so the order given till this game was not to utilize him.
    It doesnt change sfair position.who decided to add acy having calo? If owners decided , well sfair has no personality as i think since he suffered personality of pargo and kane giving them longer minute than diba. If he decided to adf acy instead of calo, is an enormous technical error.in both cases he is seriously guilthy. I have nothing against sfair.he is best coah we have after sherf, best coach we ever had imo. But sfair is simply a coach who has no personality and who is always wrong about sharing minutes decision.

Thanks, found it.

Triliki manges aggelopouloi bros have made clear that Papanikolaou Printezis and Koniaris will not be joining the Greek national team because of Pitino will be the head coach of both the NT and Panathinaikos. Well done guys, waiting for you on 06/12 for this great decision. Next step will probably be Fener president saying that Sloukas will not be joining the NT because of Pitino. Pao and Oly are only competitors in Euroleague just like Pao and Fener anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dgd13 View Post
    Triliki manges aggelopouloi bros have made clear that Papanikolaou Printezis and Koniaris will not be joining the Greek national team because of Pitino will be the head coach of both the NT and Panathinaikos.
    Although I disagree with them if this has been the established precedent then I see their point. But in reality would their absence really be that big of a deal ? Papanikolaou hasn’t played well for a long time. I never heard of Koniaris, and if you’re relying on 35 year old Printezis to play a significant role then you’re not going anywhere anyway.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Mitoglou's time has come. Papanikolaou was Greece's worst player with Bourousis whilst Koniaris isn't fit enough yet to pass the towels to his team mates.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Although I disagree with them if this has been the established precedent then I see their point. But in reality would their absence really be that big of a deal ? Papanikolaou hasn’t played well for a long time. I never heard of Koniaris, and if you’re relying on 35 year old Printezis to play a significant role then you’re not going anywhere anyway.
    Quite right.
    Papanicolau's absence will be a blessing. Worst player of NT last Summer. Koniaris is a non-factor. Printezis -one of my favorite players- is too old and replaceable.

Oly, as a bball club, has reached the bottom and is digging to go deeper. Sad.

Ayon always underrated.....He can still play...

Quote Originally Posted by dgd13 View Post
    Triliki manges aggelopouloi bros have made clear that Papanikolaou Printezis and Koniaris will not be joining the Greek national team because of Pitino will be the head coach of both the NT and Panathinaikos. Well done guys, waiting for you on 06/12 for this great decision. Next step will probably be Fener president saying that Sloukas will not be joining the NT because of Pitino. Pao and Oly are only competitors in Euroleague just like Pao and Fener anyway.
    Why would anyone in Fener care about Pitino managing both Pao and NT lol
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Why would anyone in Fener care about Pitino managing both Pao and NT lol
    He was making the point that since Oly and PAO only compete against each other in the Euroleague now, its equivalent to any other Greek player on any other Euroleague team.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Larkin plays unbelievable. Who is better right now in Euroleague?

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    Luxury of having both of Micic & Larkin together is immense. They not only score but elevate the team; they made passable productive centers out of Pleiss & Sanli, incredible. at least, so far.

Dunston is out for at least 3 more weeks, which is great news considering the rumored season-long injury.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Quite right.
    Papanicolau's absence will be a blessing. Worst player of NT last Summer. Koniaris is a non-factor. Printezis -one of my favorite players- is too old and replaceable.

Oly, as a bball club, has reached the bottom and is digging to go deeper. Sad.
    Printezis would still be a very useful player. I find his loyalty to the Olympiacos owners a bit surprising though, given how they have run the club the past few seasons.

Announcer of Efes is even more annoying than the one in Madrid. Hard drugs.

I stay with my prediction that Efes cannot win it all with this kind of basketball. I hope I'm wrong because all the organization, team and players are very sympathic and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Printezis would still be a very useful player. I find his loyalty to the Olympiacos owners a bit surprising though, given how they have run the club the past few seasons.
    Indeed, he can still give 10-15 quality minutes. He is the only one among the three of them who is important.
    I understand that he didn't have a different option. It's a very delicate situation for the player and no one wants to become the "traitor" in the eyes of the fans. The fault belongs 100% to the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by thiago94 View Post
    This guy Larkin is a machine! Probably the best sg right now.

Larkin is 6 points short (36 now) from current EL scoring record (41 held by 4 players)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast