Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Philippine 3X3 Thread

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/juan-...ome_featured_3

JUAN Gomez de Liaño has been ruled out of the rest of the Leg 1 playoffs for Nueva Ecija in the 2020 Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3x3 President's Cup after suffering a grade one sprain on his right ankle.

The University of the Philippines standout stepped on Chris Lalata's foot after his drive with 5:15 remaining as he was immediately subbed out of the game.

His injury was a blackeye for Nueva Ecija, which already lost Maclean Sabellina, who suffered a cut on his nape during the game.

Despite playing just two-on-three, the Rice Vanguards hacked out a 21-19 victory to advance to the quarters.

"Ganyan ang Nueva Ecija team. Hindi tayo magpapatalo," said Gab Banal, who finished the game together with Jai Reyes.

That, however, meant that Gomez de Liaño had to skip Nueva Ecija's quarterfinal duel against the Pasig-Sta. Lucia Realtors.

Juan's older brother Javi, however, took exception for what he felt was a dirty play.

"Playing dirty is never okay in all levels smh. Playing physical is far different from playing dirty. Still got the win tho," he tweeted.

Such a pity because Juan is playing superb bully ball. His outside shots were also falling in.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Such a pity because Juan is playing superb bully ball. His outside shots were also falling in.
    And he's not eligible for next years uaap..

I saw just the highlights of one game. It is very physical. Might be premature to judge with one game and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the kind of physical game that would not pass in an actual FIBA game? Perhaps the players that will play in the 3x3 OQT will just pickup bad habits instead of actually getting better and ready for the 3x3 OQT.

Quote Originally Posted by crush View Post
    I saw just the highlights of one game. It is very physical. Might be premature to judge with one game and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the kind of physical game that would not pass in an actual FIBA game? Perhaps the players that will play in the 3x3 OQT will just pickup bad habits instead of actually getting better and ready for the 3x3 OQT.
    no blood, no foul.. i’ve seen a lot of 3x3 pro tour games and the defense that the CTG 3x3 pro league won’t certainly pass.. they (pro tour teams) don’t play defense like the CTG 3x3.. it’s like MMA..

pre-season games pa lang last Monday ibang klase na yung tirahan... especially the Nueva Ecija-Butuan game, Butuan players tried to bully Juan pero pinalagan sila ni Juan in the end sila pa napikon hehe
    Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 10-22-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    pre-season games pa lang last Monday ibang klase na yung tinarahan... especially the Nueva Ecija-Butuan game, Butuan players tried to bully Juan pero pinalagan sila Juan in the end sila pa napikon hehe
    if they play in pro tour leagues they’ll be in penalty very early, technical fouls (1ft plus possession). in a 10 minute fast paced game, every point counts.. coach E should find a way to stop this and should watch how officiating is done in pro tour leagues.. Anyway this is the first year of the league..

Commentators are impressed on how young Juan is lol. Its funny that they expected juan to be outplayed by former pros lol. They cant even bully him mas magulang si Juan. Isnt he 22/23 already? I thought entering the pro scene young would’ve been normalized when Terrence came when he was 21.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Commentators are impressed on how young Juan is lol. Its funny that they expected juan to be outplayed by former pros lol. They cant even bully him mas magulang si Juan. Isnt he 22/23 already? I thought entering the pro scene young would’ve been normalized when Terrence came when he was 21.
    it’s foreign to them 1gdl is 99 born..

This is a good take on Juan’s injury. Some of these 3x3 guys are REALLY physical. Juan can hang with them in terms of physicality. But when you tick off certain people, a play is not complete if nobody gets hurt. Juan was provoking them the whole game. Although I did like Juan’s energy. But some of these 3x3 pros still have ligang labas mindset. “Oh so you’re playing good? Would you mind if I put a foot in your landing spot or even elbow your back?”

Thumbs up 2020 Chooks 3X3 President's Cup powered by TM Leg Two

CALAMBA CITY – Family’s Brand Sardines-Zamboanga City marched on to their second straight leg championship at the resumption of the 2020 Chooks To Go Pilipinas 3X3 President’s Cup powered by TM at the Inspire Sports Academy Friday. Zamboanga made short work of a very game Nueva Ecija Rice Vanguards, 21-11, and add P100,000 more into their haul. READ MORE

Thumbs up 2020 Chooks 3X3 President's Cup powered by TM Leg Three

CALAMBA CITY – There are new kings in the 2020 Chooks To Go Pilipinas 3X3 President’s Cup powered by TM as Uling Roasters-Butuan City clipped Sta. Lucia Realtors-Pasig, 21-20, via the winning two-pointer by Franky Johnson Sunday night. Aside from the third leg’s championship, Butuan also seized the overall leadership entering the fourth leg this October 27 still at the Inspire Sports Academy. READ MORE

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    This is a good take on Juan’s injury. Some of these 3x3 guys are REALLY physical. Juan can hang with them in terms of physicality. But when you tick off certain people, a play is not complete if nobody gets hurt. Juan was provoking them the whole game. Although I did like Juan’s energy. But some of these 3x3 pros still have ligang labas mindset. “Oh so you’re playing good? Would you mind if I put a foot in your landing spot or even elbow your back?”

I regularly watch Mikee Reyes' takes. Sobrang ok. No BS. No cap. Just pure stories and his insights na no holds barred

Thumbs up 2020 Chooks 3X3 President's Cup powered by TM Leg Four

CALAMBA CITY – Family’s Brand Sardines-Zamboanga City returned to the top of the 2020 Chooks To Go Pilipinas 3X3 President’s Cup powered by TM by ruling the fourth and final leg at the expense of Uling Roasters-Butuan, 21-20, at the Inspire Sports Academy Tuesday. Leonard Santillan sank the marginal free throw off a Chris de Chavez foul with 2:23 to go for their third championship overall. READ MORE

Thumbs up 2020 Chooks 3X3 President's Cup powered by TM Grand Finals

CALAMBA CITY – Top seed Family’s Brand Sardines-Zamboanga City emerged as the new champions and millionaires of the 2020 Chooks To Go Pilipinas 3X3 President’s Cup powered by TM by overpowering a very gallant Nueva Ecija Rice Vanguards, 22-20, Friday afternoon at the Inspire Sports Academy. Joshua Munzon proved once more why he is the country’s top 3X3 player by nailing the game-winning two-pointer and stop the match with 1:11 to go. READ MORE

Such an unfortunate incident for Nueva Ecija, losing Juan. But despite that they still managed a FiNALS stint against the eventual champs and 3x3 NT Zamboanga. Juan was a major contributor in their first few wins. Things would’ve been more exciting, even the last legs. I think Juan chose not to come back and risk aggravation. A Gilas stint weighs more.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    There seems to be a double standard with Gab Banal and Jai Reyes. Although Gab Banal might be the best player outside the PBA. Gab was seen shouting at Dehesa when the time expired. Gab was the one who was throwing elbows at Dehesa the whole game. When Jai and Gab play dirty and disrespect opponents “its part of the game. When they get hurt or disrespected “that shouldn’t be allowed”.

Apparently Gab kept rubbing it in even when they got to the tunnel. Dehesa already shook their hands and congratulated them.

Thumbs up 2020 FIBA World Tour Doha Masters

NEWLY-CROWNED 2020 Chooks To Go Pilipinas 3X3 President’s Cup powered by TM champions Family’s Brand Sardines-Zamboanga City will now be as known as Manila Chooks as they participate in the fourth and final leg of the 2020 FIBA 3X3 World Tour Masters in Doha, Qatar from November 20 to 21. This will be a new challenge for the quartet of Joshua Munzon, Alvin Pasaol, Troy Rike and Leonard Santillan as they take on the heavyweights from Europe, Asia and the United States. READ MORE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast