No announcement yet.

Philippine 3X3 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd think the PBA/SBP would learn their lessons from the 2019 WC but we still rely on "last minute hugot"

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
      Because 3x3 is still TEAM basketball.

You don't win by playing ISO against bigger and more athletic teams.

This team doesn't even know how to set picks.
      I noticed that too. Most of their one on one plays went nowhere. This is why CJ can't be a PG. He has low IQ inside (and rumour has it outside too) the court..

Comment

• Just saw the game vs France. It didn't seem to me France was throwing the game. The game was close as the score suggests. Perez and Munzon are good defenders. France could not drive on them. Santillan, though passable was not much of a rim protecting presence. I don't know why Rike was not part of the pool. But he is a 6'8 guy with bonafide 3x3 experience, unlike Mo. I disagree for the need of a designated shooter. In France's case their best shooter, Eito, was also their worst defender. We were able to catch-up by attacking him on defense. If I were to make a team on the fly, I would still take Perez. Yes, his skill set overlaps with Munzon but so what. He is a good defender and a good offensive player. He is a better defender and dribbler than Pogoy. I would have picked Rike over Mo. And I would have taken Perkins over Santillan. He is taller and longer than Pasaol and a better defender and probably scorer. France didn't seem to overmatch us height-wise. So a few player tweaks and more practice we could've done better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
          Just saw the game vs France. It didn't seem to me France was throwing the game. The game was close as the score suggests. Perez and Munzon are good defenders. France could not drive on them. Santillan, though passable was not much of a rim protecting presence. I don't know why Rike was not part of the pool. But he is a 6'8 guy with bonafide 3x3 experience, unlike Mo. I disagree for the need of a designated shooter. In France's case their best shooter, Eito, was also their worst defender. We were able to catch-up by attacking him on defense. If I were to make a team on the fly, I would still take Perez. Yes, his skill set overlaps with Munzon but so what. He is a good defender and a good offensive player. He is a better defender and dribbler than Pogoy. I would have picked Rike over Mo. And I would have taken Perkins over Santillan. He is taller and longer than Pasaol and a better defender and probably scorer. France didn't seem to overmatch us height-wise. So a few player tweaks and more practice we could've done better.

The Chooks 2 Go team is alot better.So back to Chooks team,until they get them to qualify then drop them for PBA players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
            The Chooks 2 Go team is alot better.So back to Chooks team,until they get them to qualify then drop them for PBA players.
            The only Chooks player not in the bubble was Rike who was in the US during the bubble. Rosales and Pasaol basically lost there slots to Perez and Tautuaa with Pasaol's fitness being the reason for his absense.

Comment

• What are the 3x3 eligibility rules? Is it also pasaporte before 16?
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

What are the 3x3 eligibility rules? Is it also pasaporte before 16?
                Nope. Hagop rule aint a thing with FIBA 3x3 but no idea if the Olympics has its own rules.

Comment

• The yesterdays game was chooks to go team with cj perez..the composition of chooks to go team dieabt win you games.. rikes motor is suspect thats why even karl dehesa was named before him..

The missing guy really ia taylor statham, up until he can get his Philippine Passport we wont see him in Gilas soon
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

What are the 3x3 eligibility rules? Is it also pasaporte before 16?
                    Residency is the only requirement in 3x3 that's why Ola Adeogun and Bright Akhuetie were able to represent Philippines in the past 3x3 competition.
                    Attack
                    defend
                    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                      Nope. Hagop rule aint a thing with FIBA 3x3 but no idea if the Olympics has its own rules.
                      Then we can use this as an opportunity to field the fil-foreign ineligibles who have the size.

Munzon is good but he can't bail us out by ISO plays.
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        The yesterdays game was chooks to go team with cj perez..the composition of chooks to go team dieabt win you games.. rikes motor is suspect thats why even karl dehesa was named before him..

The missing guy really ia taylor statham, up until he can get his Philippine Passport we wont see him in Gilas soon
                        I think Statham is injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                          The only Chooks player not in the bubble was Rike who was in the US during the bubble. Rosales and Pasaol basically lost there slots to Perez and Tautuaa with Pasaol's fitness being the reason for his absense.
                          Fitness issue? At 3x3 setting?! Nice start to his pro career.. this is a major red flag like what happened to Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                            Fitness issue? At 3x3 setting?! Nice start to his pro career.. this is a major red flag like what happened to Shaw
                            Lack of match fitness apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                              The yesterdays game was chooks to go team with cj perez..the composition of chooks to go team dieabt win you games.. rikes motor is suspect thats why even karl dehesa was named before him..

Motor is so important in 3x3, barely any rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                Residency is the only requirement in 3x3 that's why Ola Adeogun and Bright Akhuetie were able to represent Philippines in the past 3x3 competition.
                                Parang exhibition lang yun kina bright as added attraction nung tournament sa doha
                                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information