Philippine 3X3 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine 3X3 Thread

wanted to post some news about the PBA starting its own 3X3 league but didn't know where to put it. So I figured we might as well have a catch-all thread for all Philippine 3x3-related matters.

So, as I've said, the PBA is starting its own 3x3 league. The cold war against Chooks to Go continues...

“I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
    -Arrigo Sacchi

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
    wanted to post some news about the PBA starting its own 3X3 league but didn't know where to put it. So I figured we might as well have a catch-all thread for all Philippine 3x3-related matters.

So, as I've said, the PBA is starting its own 3x3 league. The cold war against Chooks to Go continues...

https://twitter.com/PBAinsider/statu...CUY6NWGX0uz_VY
    Chooks should start it's own professional basketball league as well, maybe have a partnership with MVP and Uytengsu and name it Pilipinas Basketball League or something where 2 unlimited height imports, 1 naturalized player with FIBA rules ( a true basketball league not the mediocre 90's basketball of the PBA). I bet Kobe, thirdy and most of the UAAP guys will go there instead of the PBA

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
      Chooks should start it's own professional basketball league as well, maybe have a partnership with MVP and Uytengsu and name it Pilipinas Basketball League or something where 2 unlimited height imports, 1 naturalized player with FIBA rules ( a true basketball league not the mediocre 90's basketball of the PBA). I bet Kobe, thirdy and most of the UAAP guys will go there instead of the PBA
      that's asking for a fiba suspension like japan though. i'd prefer if we have more teams in the ABL and our top players go there.

Comment

Chooks isnt the sole official league for 3x3 tournaments all you need is fiba accreditation therefore you need sbp accreditation..

Who heads sbp and the reelected chairman of pba board..
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
          that's asking for a fiba suspension like japan though. i'd prefer if we have more teams in the ABL and our top players go there.
          That is a good idea, come to think of it, ABL already has the 2 import and 1 heritage player format. Chooks can sponsor a team and recruit top college players.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
            Chooks isnt the sole official league for 3x3 tournaments all you need is fiba accreditation therefore you need sbp accreditation..

Who heads sbp and the reelected chairman of pba board..
            Agree, I think another pro league is permissible as long as you have FIBA accreditation

Comment

CTG and PBA competing to each other instead PBA joining CTG circuit legs.. good luck on this mess
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                CTG and PBA competing to each other instead PBA joining CTG circuit legs.. good luck on this mess
                Competition is good specially in our situation now where the PBA needs a wake up call

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
                  Competition is good specially in our situation now where the PBA needs a wake up call
                  it will be a mess for sure..

sigpic

Comment

The Road to AAU 2020 3X3 Challenge

YOUNG PINOY Basketball players will get the chance of a lifetime to compete in the prestigious Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) World Championships this July at Disneyworld in Florida, USA. “The Road to AAU 2020 3X3 Challenge” is presented by 1Hermes Sports, Wilson and supported by the Philippine Sports Commission as part of its nationwide grassroots program, is a series of regional tournaments that will be held in the first quarter of 2020. READ MORE
                    Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                    Servinio's Blog of Sports
                    Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                    Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                    Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Our own 3x3 team is already in the top 30 as far as FIBA ranking are concern see https://fiba3x3.com/en/rankings/team.html and as far I know only the top 20 will be able to play(?) for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, is it still possible for us to tap Jordan as part of this team if ever we qualify for the Summer Games even though he hasn't accumulated yet any SP's as far as FIBA rankings are concern? is their also a provision in the 3x3 rules for such exemptions e.g. tapping a particular player(s) outside their existing rankings for as long as he/she had a passport of a particular country he/she wants to represent?

Comment

Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
                        Our own 3x3 team is already in the top 30 as far as FIBA ranking are concern see https://fiba3x3.com/en/rankings/team.html and as far I know only the top 20 will be able to play(?) for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, is it still possible for us to tap Jordan as part of this team if ever we qualify for the Summer Games even though he hasn't accumulated yet any SP's as far as FIBA rankings are concern? is their also a provision in the 3x3 rules for such exemptions e.g. tapping a particular player(s) outside their existing rankings for as long as he/she had a passport of a particular country he/she wants to represent?
                        expect the pba 3x3 players to be tap by sbp to represent ph at future fiba 3x3 tournaments.

Comment

Women's Pilipinas 3X3 2020

THE SUPERLATIVE performance of the Philippine Women’s 3X3 Basketball team at the recent 30th Southeast Asian Games has only further strengthened the resolve of Chooks To Go to give their support to the program. Plans are already in the works for a full-blown Women’s league that will be played together with the second season of Pilipinas 3X3 next month. READ MORE

Comment

magsanoc as 3x3 head coach

sigpic

Comment

CHOOKS TO GO Pilipinas 3X3 has officially announced the pool of players that will vie for spots on the national team for the Olympic Qualifying Tournament starting this March 18 in India. Heading the roster are the country’s two highest ranked players in Joshua Munzon and Alvin Pasaol. READ MORE

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information