Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippine 3X3 Thread

Santi looking lost out there. I'd rather bet on Pasaol who can create his own shot.

Pack it up boys. There’s nothing to see here.

Just another ill-prepared team who lives and dies with contested outside shots.

*Shaking my head.*
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

They just want to go home so that they can join with their respective PBA teams' practices.

Terrible

Somewhere out there, Ronald Mascarinas is laughing his head off.

NO MORE PBA IN FIBA, PLEASE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Somewhere out there, Ronald Mascarinas is laughing his head off.

NO MORE PBA IN FIBA, PLEASE!
    I agree, no more PBA players in both 3x3 and just relegate them in 5x5 into a mere back up. They really lost grip and still detach to the realities of international basketball.

Just too sad to watch

Philippines Prepared plays: Cross over one on one on bigger guys who can outmuscle and out run you
    Jack up any shot you can

Not even some PNR action...

3 x 3 now is no a joke. Moving forward we must develop 6'6"+ guards with enough heft and skills to give some decent showing. These guys are being pushed around.

Quote Originally Posted by cireeex View Post
    Just too sad to watch

Philippines Prepared plays: Cross over one on one on bigger guys who can outmuscle and out run you
    Jack up any shot you can

Not even some PNR action...

3 x 3 now is no a joke. Moving forward we must develop 6'6"+ guards with enough heft and skills to give some decent showing. These guys are being pushed around.
    A lot more funny when Mo sets the pick and doesn’t even roll to the basket.

Tang ina lang talaga
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    I agree, no more PBA players in both 3x3 and just relegate them in 5x5 into a mere back up. They really lost grip and still detach to the realities of international basketball.
    We need a real 3x3 coach to handle the program.

Watch every Gilas participation in the 3x3. It’s the same thing over and over.

Why would you rely on a 6’6 big at the international level?
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    We need a real 3x3 coach to handle the program.

Watch every Gilas participation in the 3x3. It’s the same thing over and over.

Why would you rely on a 6’6 big at the international level?
    Soulmane Chabi Yo could be good reinforcement for this 3x3 team. He might be just as tall as Mo but his activity inside the court is impeccable. Ron Harper, Jr could be another prospect for us. He might be ineligible at 5x5 he can be an asset for our 3x3 team.

Kobe Paras, I believe, will flourish more in the 3x3 set up in FIBA in a 5x5 game. Jeron Artest could also another prospect here.

Jeron Artest 6'4
    Kobe Paras 6'6
    Soulmane Chabi Yo 6'6
    Ron Harper, Jr. 6'7

This can be basically your Cadets program for 3x3.
    Last edited by ja.he; 05-26-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Larong pogi is a virus. I hate to use the phrase "There are levels to this", but if PBA players in general can't even defend a simple pin down screen in 5 on 5, what makes them think they'll do any better with 3x3 where there is no weakside help with 2 fewer players? Mas magaling pa dumepensa ang egoy na babae ng Japan. Also that 5'4 Yamamoto chick (with 5'11 girls in her face) can get her shot off better than our boys who had a hand in their faces all day.

parang walang basketball IQ ang mga players natin

Didn't watch the games but to me line-up is a bit imbalanced. Putting CJ Perez there makes him redundant with Munoz. They have basically the same skillsets. The original 4 of Rike, Santi, Munoz and Pasaol at least had things that they could only bring. Also, they had been training in 3x3 for a long time. I agree that Perkins should have been there. Not sure though on his availability. Perkins over Santi would have made it a better team. Santi's listed height is 6'4. Perk has shown an ability to guard much taller guys and to score on any one. Don't know who's better between Mo and Rike. But Rike seems to be legit 6'8 and was part of the original 3x3 team. So if it were me I would have taken Munoz, Perez, Perkins, Rike. Having two non-scorers in 3x3 seems to be a game killer. I don't know what happened with Pasaol. I don't like it that he didn't get in the team. He would have been probably better than Santi if he practiced and was in game condition.

The latest wake up call on the state of ph basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    Soulmane Chabi Yo could be good reinforcement for this 3x3 team. He might be just as tall as Mo but his activity inside the court is impeccable. Ron Harper, Jr could be another prospect for us. He might be ineligible at 5x5 he can be an asset for our 3x3 team.

Kobe Paras, I believe, will flourish more in the 3x3 set up in FIBA in a 5x5 game. Jeron Artest could also another prospect here.

Jeron Artest 6'4
    Kobe Paras 6'6
    Soulmane Chabi Yo 6'6
    Ron Harper, Jr. 6'7

This can be basically your Cadets program for 3x3.
    We need shooters also in this event.. Shooter that can defend... The first version of 3x3 of Abueva and Romeo was better assembled than this one...

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Didn't watch the games but to me line-up is a bit imbalanced. Putting CJ Perez there makes him redundant with Munoz. They have basically the same skillsets. The original 4 of Rike, Santi, Munoz and Pasaol at least had things that they could only bring. Also, they had been training in 3x3 for a long time. I agree that Perkins should have been there. Not sure though on his availability. Perkins over Santi would have made it a better team. Santi's listed height is 6'4. Perk has shown an ability to guard much taller guys and to score on any one. Don't know who's better between Mo and Rike. But Rike seems to be legit 6'8 and was part of the original 3x3 team. So if it were me I would have taken Munoz, Perez, Perkins, Rike. Having two non-scorers in 3x3 seems to be a game killer. I don't know what happened with Pasaol. I don't like it that he didn't get in the team. He would have been probably better than Santi if he practiced and was in game condition.
    Take out Perez and put Pogoy there.. They also need a shooter that also can defend.. 3 pt shooting (2 pts in 3x3 setting) is also a must there.. Just like the version before of Abueva and Romeo.. We only need 1 pure ball handler there.. Perez and Munzon can't exist w/ each other...

Just 3x3

the 5x5 is doing fine.

you really see the damage when sumawsaw ang PBA sa CTG program.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

Just 3x3

the 5x5 is doing fine.

you really see the damage when sumawsaw ang PBA sa CTG program.
    We should also need a dedicated 3x3 program here... Hire maybe a European coach and players who will only focus on 3x3.. We don't need PBA players there.. Pick up those in free agent players and assemble them long term.. Check at Qatar and Mongolia.. They are not good in 5x5 but they are powerhouse in 3x3 at Asian scene.. We have better chance to make it to the Olympics in 3x3 than 5x5 if we put seriously on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    We should also need a dedicated 3x3 program here... Hire maybe a European coach and players who will only focus on 3x3.. We don't need PBA players there.. Pick up those in free agent players and assemble them long term.. Check at Qatar and Mongolia.. They are not good in 5x5 but they are powerhouse in 3x3 at Asian scene.. We have better chance to make it to the Olympics in 3x3 than 5x5 if we put seriously on this one...
    And 3x3 uses different eligibility rules as I recall.

My vote goes for Dickel to handle the 3x3 and even the 5x5 teams.
    ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

And 3x3 uses different eligibility rules as I recall.

My vote goes for Dickel to handle the 3x3 and even the 5x5 teams.
    My ideal team is a one pure ball handler that can create plays, not just for scoring... A shooter that can defend in all position (3 and D type of guy) and two exact height (6'5 to 6'7) who are versatile to defend in all position and can rebound very well.. Also in 3x3, They should learn how to play and defend PNR.. This is usually plays in a 3x3 setting.. We have success before in Abueva and Romeo 3x3 era.. We can make it top 8 in the world at that time.. But after that we stop focus on 3x3 because they seeing it's a waste of time.. We have tons of players that are now free agent in the PBA waiting for a call to commit.. We should get them and assemble it long term..

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast