Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which teams spy watching live TV and timeout strategy from opponnt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which teams spy watching live TV and timeout strategy from opponnt?

So I see how TV is displaying time out discussions live.
    Especially in crucial moments of the 4th quarter it would be important information to crack the attack.

If I was a manager I would surely have some dedicated guy to watch TV and report on the opponent's plan.

yet I am sure only few (if any) are doing this.

Imagine tight score, last seconds timeout and you would know the attack plan...

Interesting theme .Information could be advantage also like a trap .If you have some information ,and you create story on them ,presuming some information who you don`t know ,that could be risky .Also,on timeout there are no many things who appears and deserves to hide .How look time-outs .Offense 4,pnp,attack the basket over their power -forward,change men who guard their best player .In some situations ,in the finish ,could be helpful ,but also is question of time .How much time is need for someone who watch game on tv ,to call someone from coaching stuff in order to this one tell the coach and than coach says to players what they will play and plan how to response on this. For that is need ,at least 3 minutes ,often there isnt so much times .Also ,there are video snapshot of coaches ,so need to hide that you get information.If is visible you spying no longer can to do that .Another possible option is both teams have someone who spy other ,so both coaches would know information of each other also own discovered information of another.That would be madness .Isnt so simply,how seems .I think ,someone coaches try in some situations,but not often and that cannot be pretty useful .

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
      So I see how TV is displaying time out discussions live.
      Especially in crucial moments of the 4th quarter it would be important information to crack the attack.

If I was a manager I would surely have some dedicated guy to watch TV and report on the opponent's plan.

yet I am sure only few (if any) are doing this.

Imagine tight score, last seconds timeout and you would know the attack plan...
      As far as I know, there's a slight delay even with the live TV feed and the event in real life. It might make spying harder
      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

I noticed that Barca got very jumpy about the microphone in a timeout recently and pushed the operator back so that what Pesic was saying to the players couldn't be heard on the broadcast.

Comment

I don't think there is enough time to process and decide on a counter action on the opposition's plans.
          Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
          Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
            I don't think there is enough time to process and decide on a counter action on the opposition's plans.
            How so?
            If you know the attack plan and who is going to shoot and who is second option if that fails - that is huge information that you can process in 5 seconds

Comment

More often than not the drawn play set up by the coach isn't played in the next set. E.g. now Obradovic sets up "5 down" - what I understand for "5 down" is what we all learned as kids. Initial position switch of 1 and 5 and 5 going down at the low post, 3 at 45 degrees receives pass of PG and sets up 5 to play one on one. Classical Kentucky set.

What happened? Mahmutoglu plays 1 on 1 vs Tomic at 0 degrees after switch. In 90 percent of the game this sets simply won't happen.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information