Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NCAA 96th season

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    San Beda edges out UP 65-63 in the PCCL Final Four. Red Lions survived a late rally by UP. Surprised by the plays of Alfaro and Carino. UP played without Bright, Paras and Calimag. Red Lions still without Batang Gilas players Amsali and Andrada.
    Calimag and the 4 Red Cubs are still not HS graduates thus not yet eligible to play. But they will be after March.

Quote Originally Posted by Olynyk View Post
    Calimag and the 4 Red Cubs are still not HS graduates thus not yet eligible to play. But they will be after March.
    It will be interesting how Coach Boyet will utilize the 4 Red Cubs. Obviously the alpha male of the four, Amsali will get minutes. Andrada plays better than Visser. Ynot is an energy guy. I am more curious on Justin Sanchez. His movements are smoother and more fluid than Amsali. I think Sanchez has a higher ceiling than Amsali.
    Last edited by The_Big_Cat; 03-08-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

It will be interesting how Coach Boyet will utilize the 4 Red Cubs. Obviously the alpha male of the four, Amsali will get minutes. Andrada plays better than Visser. Ynot is an energy guy. I am more curious on Justin Sanchez. His movements are smoother and more fluid than Amsali. I think Sanchez has a higher ceiling than Amsali.
    The rookies don't seem like they will play much with Oftana, Carino, Cuntapay, and Bahio getting the lion's share of the frontcourt minutes (no pun intended). I have been especially impressed with Bahio this PCCL.

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    The rookies don't seem like they will play much with Oftana, Carino, Cuntapay, and Bahio getting the lion's share of the frontcourt minutes (no pun intended). I have been especially impressed with Bahio this PCCL.
    Cariňo now starting to show seriousness in his basketball career, imagine the years that he waste for not focusing in his development

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    Cariňo now starting to show seriousness in his basketball career, imagine the years that he waste for not focusing in his development
    Cariño now has a 3 pt shot. He can knock open 3s consistently. On the downside tho, I remember seeing him when he was in Ateneo and he hasn't bulked up 1 bit. Sayang, if he bulked up a bit, he could be sort of like a poor man's version of Almazan. He'd be a better Gilas prospect than say Justin Chua who played in the last leg.

Funny enough, Carino reminds me of Go: has outside shooting, and prone to illegal screens. Carino's advantage over Go is a better post game, while Go is the smarter player.

Mapua looks better now, able to hang on with a more talented and experienced Marinero team so far....

Where is Jay Pangalanan? I dont see his name on the Letran D-League roster. And he was not on the Letran PCCL team. Is he still with Letran?
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by dubidub View Post
    Cariño now has a 3 pt shot. He can knock open 3s consistently. On the downside tho, I remember seeing him when he was in Ateneo and he hasn't bulked up 1 bit. Sayang, if he bulked up a bit, he could be sort of like a poor man's version of Almazan. He'd be a better Gilas prospect than say Justin Chua who played in the last leg.
    What's the height of Carino?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    What's the height of Carino?
    Geo Chiu is taller than him, so around 6'8" at most

I think Ynot can compete for entrata’s minutes. He can do what Entrata does for the team and he is taller.

Agree on Sanchez. Sanchez is so long, athletic and with a 6'7 wingspan. He can be a taller version of Javee Mocon.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Funny enough, Carino reminds me of Go: has outside shooting, and prone to illegal screens. Carino's advantage over Go is a better post game, while Go is the smarter player.
    I think, cariňo might be more suitable to play in gilas than isaac go, cariňo have better skill set and defensive skill, just make his body strong and replicate his solid stint in U18, he might be the taller version of Mark pingris in the future

Default I

I read San Beda was supposed to meet UP in a tune up game in Iloilo today March 15. I guess the community quarantine in NCR will cancel the game.

The community quarantine in NCR will probably push back the preseason tourneys like MILCU, FMC, FilOil. And the travel ban overseas will make it difficult for the annual USA training of the Red Lions to push thru.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

I read San Beda was supposed to meet UP in a tune up game in Iloilo today March 15. I guess the community quarantine in NCR will cancel the game.

The community quarantine in NCR will probably push back the preseason tourneys like MILCU, FMC, FilOil. And the travel ban overseas will make it difficult for the annual USA training of the Red Lions to push thru.
    The Iloilo Invitational was already cancelled.

Rhayyan Amsali tops final NBTC rankings. Carl Tamayo, Kevin Quiambao place 2nd and 3rd

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/rhayy...200320-fbfirst
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Ateneo, FEU and San Beda holds most number of active PBA players

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...0-lfrm-fbfirst
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Excited for this new breed of Red Lions. Was not surprised when they manhandled the Knights during the PCCL but so impressed when they beat UST with their MVP Chabi Yo in the line up. Letran is in for a rude awakening in season 96.

Thumbs up

THERE IS a big chance for eSports to be included in the calendar of the 96th season of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). A recent directive from the Department of Education pegged the opening of academic year 2020-2021 for August 24 thus prompting the league to dispense with its traditional June or July opening date. READ MORE

Thumbs up

ARELLANO UNIVERSITY has formally turned over the hosting responsibilities for the coming 96th season of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to Colegio de San Juan de Letran. The NCAA Policy Board composed of Presidents or Heads of the 10 member schools unanimously approved the resolution introduced by Atty. Francisco Paulino Cayco of Arellano. READ MORE

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910