• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
    How are athletes with 2+ mils contracts “underrated”? :P
    I meant they are underrated here, on IBN forum discussions

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      A one dimensional player will never achieve something. Doesnt matter who it is. Thats why I hated Mahmutoglu or hate Balbay. One cant dribble the ball 2 meters the other has no offensive game. Calathes can pass but is a bad scorer etc.
      Calathes is "one dimensional"? Seriously?
      Assists, rebounds, defence AND points. In which language does this mean " one dimensional"?

Only the ft are a weak spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
        Calathes is "one dimensional"? Seriously?
        Assists, rebounds, defence AND points. In which language does this mean " one dimensional"?

Only the ft are a weak spot.
        So you think he is a decent shooter?

The truth is he needs the ball in his hands. He cant play off ball games. He uses too many balls in crunch time, his only tools offensively are a solid flouter and layup, even there he bricks in crunch time. There are hundrets of examples. Brazil game is the best example for it. You can be happy about him but fact is he couldnt bring success

Comment

Are we going to argue about Calathes' quality again?

Calathes is a top PG in the EL with very specific advantages and disadvantages. People that say that he is trash obviously have no idea about basketball. Unfortunately he has a glaring disadvantage (which is his shooting ability), which can be "hidden" by structuring the team around him appropriately.
          He seems better at shooting this year though so I will hold my judgement until the playoffs. Another failure there will put me over with the people that believe that we should go another direction as a team.
          3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

There are player that tooks you to a certain point but takes you down from that point. Calathes or Heurtel are just two examples. You can play with him and of course with the right team around him he is an asset but you cant take 4 three pointer in crunch time against brazil or Real Madrid with your broken shot. Everytime when he thinks he is clutch i want to smack his weirdly shaped bald head. hahahahahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              A one dimensional player will never achieve something. Doesnt matter who it is. Thats why I hated Mahmutoglu or hate Balbay. One cant dribble the ball 2 meters the other has no offensive game. Calathes can pass but is a bad scorer etc.
              One dimensional with a triple double. Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

One of the things I hate in Interbasket is recycling same old discussions that were discussed a thousand times and then some more. Everybody has their opinions on a point guard who is a very streaky shooter from 3 and can't shoot free throws, but otherwise great in all areas of the game. We don't need to iterate same old arguments to reach no conclusion.

It sometimes feels like we all discuss things not to enjoy Euroleague, but just so we can be "right" and prove other person "wrong"
                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                  Even the greatest superstars needed a well working team to win titles. bball is a team sport.
                  Also, what would you expect to happen at playoffs when Calathes is already exhausted playing the pg role practically all alone in the rs?
                  If Calathes and James are really top of the top guards, like your underrated reasoning suggested, than 2016/2017 roster should be enough for something more than 0/3 with home court advantage. I believe better word for Calathes and James is underachievers.

Greece league is so bad in comparison to Acb, that he has easier task than Campazzo and Co.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by saras View Post

the league has never seen a better passer than calathes. he is better than saras and teodosic. this one is with his weak hand,its unbelievable,he might be the first ever player to end the season averaging a double double
                    He really is a joy to watch. Incredible playmaker.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                    The main reason was Pianigiani. He was laughing stock of the club, nobody respected him thnx to his behaviour. I mean literally - nobody. If you hear some critics from a player like Kuzminskas regarding the issue, a guy who barely says any negative word towards anyone, so there is really huge issue going on
                    Did you hear specifically what issues the players had with Pianigiani?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                      If Calathes and James are really top of the top guards, like your underrated reasoning suggested, than 2016/2017 roster should be enough for something more than 0/3 with home court advantage. I believe better word for Calathes and James is underachievers.

Greece league is so bad in comparison to Acb, that he has easier task than Campazzo and Co.
                      Are you referring to the season in which PAO had finished 4th at the regular season (best place since I don't know when) and then lost vs the amazing Fener , which was the EL champion after that?
                      And the conclusion of this historical fact is...that Calathes and James are not among the top guards (?)

Calathes and ...Campazzo. Not a good example. First of all, Campazzo is much inferior in everything except the FT.
                      There is no need to explain the physical stress of playing constantly more than 30 minutes, closing holes in defence and organizing any offence, for years. Campazzo plays something like 20 minutes per game.

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
                        On the other hand, James is the very reason why Armani Jeans played that bad last season, and Chacho Rodriguez and Luis Scola are the reasons why they play much better as a team, and why they are leading the standings so far.
                        James is certainly not the main reason for that. Didn't you notice that even in your statement the team needed two very good players so that to play better?
                        Every player needs a team that suits him. That same Chacho was a different player in CSKA than he is now (though he was good, sometimes very good, but sometimes he was nonexistant). Besides it's still early for conclusions. Just look at Khimki with their great start. I very much suspect that Milan is not that good as it looks like now either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post

Did you hear specifically what issues the players had with Pianigiani?
                          I wrote it - nobody respected him due to his behaviour. How can you respect a coach who has no strict opinion, no game plan, lets some players to run the game, allows them everything, doesn't say a word, but other players pays for that and becomes guilty when smth goes wrong. There was another example, usually coaches organizes video practices to analyze mistakes, but when some group of the players decided that they doesn't like it, critics sucks, they simply didn't show up, what coach did? Called off such practices to not piss them off. Ridiculous. There was absolutely no team. Some players didn't communicate to each other at all, some only in small groups. Pianigiani did nothing about it. In my book, it was mostly coach to blame for such environment. If some James was allowed to do anything he wants - he simply took this role, why not to? If it wouldn't be him, someone else would

Comment

Originally posted by McMurphy View Post
                            You can't. Cutting a player doesn't clear his foreigner spot. Maccabi can register only one more foreigner until the end of the season. If I were management I would save that spot for a rainy day too, regardless of Acy's roll. Say what you want about Acy and Caloiaro, the fact is Caloiaro can't play in the Israeli league, that's why realistically he cannot be a part of the team, and cutting Acy would be moronic because of it.
                            I would cut acy anyway even without a replacement.he is simply a disaster

Comment

Terrible refereeing... How come what Lauvergne did was unsportsmanlike but what Tomic did to Vesely wasn't? Kalinic had a defensive foul for stopping Delaney, did the same dribble at the other end and got called for an offensive foul...

I know our offense sucks nowadays but those were some really bullshit calls

Edit: Uncalled foul at Sloukas' penetration and a technical to Zoc, then uncalled unsportsmanlike when Abrines "tried to steal the ball" from Sloukas' neck area. Lmfao
                              Last edited by vivo; 11-20-2019, 08:34 PM.
                              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

I am really curious about Kocs attitute for next season. I mean he is paying 20 Millions from his Koc pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information