Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I was reading your posts earlier in this thread and thinking how much you'd enjoy Alba's style of play.
    Of course, the robot also loves Banchi's basket, his teams shoot 40 3pts a game, his defence is laughable, every team fires him (after Aek now it's Kuban's turn, it's only a question of time, his record is 2-5) but if you ask the robot he would hire him immediately sacking Sferopoulos because the important thing is to play an entertaining basket shooting tons of 3pts. Don't tell the robot that now it's in the USA that teams exceed in shooting crazily 3pts because it hasn't been updated since the 90's and it won't perceive this kind of evolution.

I started being perplexed about Obradovic and his impact on the actual roster after I had watched the final series against Efes. I thought that something changed, he seemed unable to inspire and motivate his players and this season confirms my impression.

If they want to keep him they should enforce the actual roster starting from C position, Vesely has worsened and he clearly doesn't trust Lauvregne. If possible I would also sign a sf getting rid of Kalinic.

I'm jealous of his mullet.
    Jazz always with the right answer. Well done!

Yesterday he was amazing in the 3rd Q, he dominated from the SF/PF position. And some people said that he was useless the last year. Same thing happened with Campazzo.

Congrats to Asvel on their first road win.....Proving the doubters wrong this year.....

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    i never never undertood if obradovic is a great or an overvaluated coach
    You can be overrated when you have achieved some things and your flame is blown disproportionate to your achievements. You are not overrated when you have won more cups than anyone in European history. You are just great.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Obradovic won a Euroleague with Sabonis, Arlauckas and the rest were average players. Santos, Antúnez, Cargol, old Martín, old Biriukov, etc. Never forgot.

Pedoulakis was fired (again).

Till next time :P

Reed and Paul giving Oly a spark....Makes them a bit deeper

As far as Zeljko goes....Still a great coach but his team has been real bad on the road so far.....Felt it was only a matter of time until things started to get much better...Not so sure anymore......

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post

After his "tactic" yesterday, it would be a scandal if he wasn't.
    There are rumours about Petino's return.

No motivation, energy on Zalgiris side, looks like they are playing b2b game.
    Last edited by edvinas9; 11-16-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post

It was really unbelievable that he was brought back for the third time.

Wow Bayern just getting worked in Valencia....

Not used to seeing a Radonjic team get our worked this bad....

Playing switch defence suits us much more, hopefully we settle on that. Reed is still rusty but it's been 2 or 3 years since we had an actual second center.
    Milutinov playing fewer minutes helped him make some great defensive plays in the 4th as well.

No idea why Baldwin got in the match squad instead of Cherry. He can't help at all offensively and Cherry would be ideal to guard Lekavicius.
    Rochestie should be playing better too, he's too iso-focused so far.

Good game from us, we needed one.

It was really unbelievable that he was brought back for the third time.
    Yup. Pretty weird decision.

I hope the rumor that Adon mentioned about Pitino is true.

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    i never never undertood if obradovic is a great or an overvaluated coach
    So you are not sure if Obradiovic is great like Aito and Pianigiani or overvalued like Blatt, Mesina, Gershon, Saras...

On a more serious note, Obradovic just can't seem to find the solution, any other coach would have been fired after such start of the season, but let's face it Obradovic is as far as it gets from "any other coach". While I understand that he wants to shake up his guys, telling them to fuck themselves probably will not inspire them to play better.

Fener will eventually play better, they are way too good to suck so hard. But it always fascinating to see, how even the best of the best can have such crappy periods without any logical explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Obradovic won a Euroleague with Sabonis, Arlauckas and the rest were average players. Santos, Antúnez, Cargol, old Martín, old Biriukov, etc. Never forgot.
    It wasn't a bad team though and he played the final at home.

In my opinion his masterpieces remain 1) Badalona, a mediocre team that became the eternal nightmare for Ioannidis 2) defeating (as a Pana coach) a very strong Bologna (bologna arena hosted the final).

Unfortunately even the best coach if he doesn't communicate with his players he faces problems and this seems to happen right now.

Talking on Obradovic overrating is really unserious.If Obradovic isn`t top coach .Who is? Simply,bad period of season,or bad season .What are reasons for that ,maybe bad team selections,maybe some players are too many seasons in Fenerbahce ,like Datome,Kalinic .Few players back out of injuries . Obradovic since 1991,except 2012-13 ,every season works,in mostly case,very successful ,maybe lower level of commitment causes negligence in some part of their job .

I like Obradovic `s style and them like a person ,but I dont like too much ,what he does in Fenerbahce ,since beginning .In some sense is wandering and undefined way and play . I didnt understand ,those season when he had in team Gaudelock and Hickman . Also,obvious missing player on position sg and sf ,last season .After,leaving Bogdanovic,Fenerbahce havent dominant scorrer and good creator in one man .

Obradovic is a great coach and a modern one. He follows modern transitions of the game and implements them quite well. This time it's simply that this train has passed. I think he will be sacked quite soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Barcelona before new year.

PS: This timeout is a shame, reminds me of his behavior 2005 etc. etc. etc. His ego is incredibly huge. Which is, of course, also part of his success.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post

I like Obradovic `s style and them like a person ,but I dont like too much ,what he does in Fenerbahce ,since beginning .In some sense is wandering and undefined way and play . I didnt understand ,those season when he had in team Gaudelock and Hickman . Also,obvious missing player on position sg and sf ,last season .After,leaving Bogdanovic,Fenerbahce havent dominant scorrer and good creator in one man .[/FONT]
    Agree on this, realy strange decisions in past years, that wasn't case in Pao for instance.
    The strangest of all he never played with pass first pg in Fener, all those years. I think we are paying the price now for all those mistakes...

How things are,Barcelona,Real, and Cska are in first level,at least for regular season, after them Efes had biggest chances for quarter finals,I would surprise if Olimpia wouldnt there .After them,there are so many questions and so deputable responses.Would Fenerbahce raise at least in 8 ,I think they would ,but I wouldnt surprise if would opposite. Maccabi has good start,they will probably on the egde for quarter final ,Khimki even excellent start,but for me they are closer for lower part of standings .Baskonia is interesting team ,club has system ,unlike mostly clubs ,same case like Maccabi ,I think they would over the line.

Asvel made good team,compact ,which will be best in running with similar team budgets,like Zalgiris,Valencia,Alba,Crvena Zvezda,even over Panathinaikos or Olympiacos,both are very problematic ,especially Panathinaikos,who made chaotic team ,who hasnt good potential in the case of Olympiacos,they have bigger chances for quarter-finals,but so many problems in the start ,some mistakes in the roster,probably would cost them .Zalgiri is obviously weaker,then earlier seasons , conceptual exception are mistakes .

How time passes ,Alba will be on higher level of their possibilities ,but that possibilities ,isnt high in running with others .Zenit made good team seletction,similar case like Alba ,cannot create big things ,but they avoid to be 17th or 18th place ,probably on this places will be Valencia and Crvena Zvezda,in that order.Valencia again has huge problems in Euroleague,but should win in some games ,what Crvena Zvezda probably will not do .

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Agree on this, realy strange decisions in past years, that wasn't case in Pao for instance.
    The strangest of all he never played with pass first pg in Fener, all those years. I think we are paying the price now for all those mistakes...
    I'm on the same page with you both here; I could understand why Gaudelock was signed for example, but never understood how he was used at times; as a game-saving hero, which he clearly wasn't.

as for the latest incident, it's strange that it's done so openly, towards a player like Datome. I'm trying to put myself in his shoes. You've been playing terribly for a long time, you now you're "guilty", and now you're openly insulted. This can go both ways, it can actually shake him up and propel him; or simply give ut up completely.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast