Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    Maccabi has basically turned into Warriors-lite this season
    right , this season, just this season after 59th place as 3pattempt per game team in entire el history
    i well know nba is getting perimetral ,mainly adding coaches and much more players from europe. mta till yesterday was the most "painty" and vertical team in world since never followed even the new nba evolution
    Last edited by maccabeo; 11-17-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Maccabeo cares a lot about aesthetics and about winning in the right way. And really, this is the entertainment industry so a narrow focus on the end result isn't always the most important thing to all fans. For example, Barcelona football fans wouldn't accept playing long ball tactics every week even if it meant titles. Also, maccabeo lives in Italy and their teams have been obsessed with a perimeter based game for a long time now so I'm not surprised that he values it.
    barca football is the sport club i admire more in the wolrd. they decided to play the 70's "orange" style, the one invented by e.happel. they never changed philosphy accepting to loose and loose, failing years, but they knew that soon or late, playng that org ,the total football invented in nederland, they became the most iconic club in world. i hate long shot in soccer. u are wrong about italian football. we play a vertical fotball something i hardly hate. i love tiki taka anz horizontal passes, something that in bbal it means playing moving the ballo around perimetr. i hate vertical philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    barca football is the sport club i admire more in the wolrd. they decided to play the 70's "orange" style, the one invented by e.happel. they never changed philosphy accepting to loose and loose, failing years, but they knew that soon or late, playng that org ,the total football invented in nederland, they became the most iconic club in world. i hate long shot in soccer. u are wrong about italian football. we play a vertical fotball something i hardly hate. i love tiki taka anz horizontal passes, something that in bbal it means playing moving the ballo around perimetr. i hate vertical philosophy
    Sorry for the confusion but I meant Italian basketball teams are perimeter oriented, not football teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Sorry for the confusion but I meant Italian basketball teams are perimeter oriented, not football teams.
    oh well so u are right. but also spanish, turkey, grecian,russian ex yu, teams are perimeral, but maccabi. euro bball is perimetral since at least 20 years, something teached by ex yu teams . nba is getting perimetral too

Quote Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
    It's just funny to me that he trashes American basketball when American basketball has become the embodiment of this "perimetral" basketball he glorifies and that Maccabi has basically turned into Warriors-lite this season with Wilbekin as their Curry. The big difference last season to this season for Maccabi is defense, though. Hunter and Bryant are both huge additions for their interior and wing defense
    Well, Maccabi doesn't really play 'perimetral' basketball... Yes, I noticed that they just broke their tree-pointers record with 17 per game. But the fact is that they really improved inside and that even Wilbekin often prefers pass inside to Black or Hunter for easy lay up or dunk. And while in crazy day as in Vittoria team can probably have higher percentage of 3-pointers (for a time being at least) than 2-pointers, opposite is always true...
    And I completely agree with you about defence. in addition, big guys pick-and-roll and screens are very good lately. And Maccabi, suddenly, leads EL in rebounds.

And I really avoid arguing with maccabeo - unless really pissed off, and even then I admit, it's a waste of electrons...
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 11-19-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Well, Maccabi doesn't really play 'perimetral' basketball... Yes, I noticed that they just broke their tree-pointers record with 17 per game. But the fact is that they really improved inside and that even Wilbekin often prefers pass inside to Black or Hunter for easy lay up or dunk. And while in crazy day as in Vittoria team can probably have higher percentage of 3-pointers (for a time being at least) than 2-pointers, opposite is always true...
    And I completely agree with you about defence. in addition, big guys pick-and-roll and screens are very good lately. And Maccabi, suddenly, leads EL in rebounds.

And I really avoid arguing with maccabeo - unless really pissed off, and even then I admit, it's a waste of electrons...
    Exactly. The real difference is having added Hunter-Casspi and even Acy starts playing better now.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910