Thread: Italian NT 2020 and˛ Olympic dream: the last call for our trio

Default Italian NT 2020 and˛ Olympic dream: the last call for our trio

Next time most probably will ne the last chance to play an Olympic game for our trio:Gallinari,Belinelli and Datome

After the retirement of Hackett,we need to call young player in PG,Luke the next lottery call Nico Mannion

I d like to see a roster like this next summer:

PG: Nico Mannion,Riccardo Moraschini
    SG: Marco Belinelli,Donte "big rag¨" Di Vincenzo,Amedeo Della Valle
    SF: Alessandro Gentile,Luigi Datome,Awudu Abass
    PFanilo Gallinari,Achille Polonara
    C: Nicol˛ Melli,Paul Biligha

I think with this full roster se could have a chance,what do you think about it?

Do not invite Gentile at all.
    Talk seriuosly with belinelli about his ridiculous stupid jumpers in game endings.
    Make Gallinari leader of this team
    Bring more defensive minded guys.

maybe Italy will have a shot making Olympics in such case.

But if in 4 querters again Belinelli and Gentile gonna be allowed to shoot those ridiculous jumpers we already seen how this picture ends .It could work for one or two games,but those sexy looking jumpers is not sustainable in long run.

I can't recall a run of decent performances from Gentile with national team, but maybe Italy needs him at this moment. If San Antonio and Oklahoma fail to advance to NBA play-offs then Gallinari and Belinelli will join the team. I think Italy's main issue all these years was the absence of a big man. They never got help from Bargniani. Melli and Gallinari can't defend the post against good teams.

I agree with Shawshank that this summer Gallinari should lead this team. I also believe that draft players won't join pre-Olympic tournamnets(Mannion).

P.S. Di Vincenzo is available? Does he counts as a domestic player?

Quote Originally Posted by soulis79 View Post
    I can't recall a run of decent performances from Gentile with national team, but maybe Italy needs him at this moment. If San Antonio and Oklahoma fail to advance to NBA play-offs then Gallinari and Belinelli will join the team. I think Italy's main issue all these years was the absence of a big man. They never got help from Bargniani. Melli and Gallinari can't defend the post against good teams.

I agree with Shawshank that this summer Gallinari should lead this team. I also believe that draft players won't join pre-Olympic tournamnets(Mannion).

P.S. Di Vincenzo is available? Does he counts as a domestic player?
    Di Vincenzo said in an interview 5-6 months ago ,that is close to taking it,he will count like passport player not domestic

about defensive question i agree,but Melli,Biligha,Abass,Moraschini and also Di Vincenzo are defensive minded or are good defenders in my opinion

I think we need Gentile,his talent this moment is unreplaceable,without hackett he is our best slasher in the guard position