No announcement yet.

NBA 2019-20 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a team loses 4 consecutive playoff games to their opponent no doubt remains. Sure Milwaukee could have gone up 3-0 just like countless other teams that were down 0-2 and came back but they didn’t. There’s very little room for debate and interpretation when you get beat 4 straight times. Up 2-1 and still with home court they had plenty of time to illustrate that they were the better team but the abilities and limitations of their players was exposed.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post

That men is very scary ale young Lebron, you can play good,solid defence and still get dunked by him

"If those trees of his is going in atleast with 35% its game over " said by some seriuos nba analysts.I dont think it was a joke.
      I don’t think Giannis is on the level of 2007-2008 LeBron. LeBron carries his team to the finals in 2007 beating a championship experienced Pistons team in the East finals after being down 0-2. And the following year battling the eventual champion Celtics in 7 games in an unbelievable dual with Paul Pierce in the deciding seventh game. Giannis instead severely shrunk last year in the final 4 games of the Toronto series. I am not saying he can’t do it but I have serious doubts and have to see it to believe it.

Comment

The 36-6 record the Bucks have achieved with 40 games remaining in the regular season, doesn't only keep the Bucks on pace to end up with an impressive 70 wins season, but in the odd (and surely impossible to happen) case that the Bucks would only achieve a 0.500 record for the remaining of the games, they would still end up with 56 wins at the end of the season...

The Bucks now only need to win 2 out of every 3 games of the remaining schedule in order to beat the record of 60 wins (which was the best in the entire league for 2018/19) they have achieved the season before...

Clearly, the Bucks are significantly better than the season before although the competition in both conferences has been stepping up to become much stronger and then with many teams contending for the title.

Interesting, that by now all the bookies and power rankings have promoted the Bucks this early in the season to be the favorites to win it all...

Comment

IMO, the NBA finals this season will be the Bucks vs. Utah...

My prediction is that in the East the Sixers will be eliminated by the Raptors in the 1st round and then the winner out of the Celtics vs. Heat in the 2nd round, will lose to the Bucks in the ECF.

In the West, I believe the Clips will take the Lakers out in the 2nd round before dropping to the Jazz in the finals...

Pitty, because as a Buck's fan, I think the Bucks would have the easiest of NBA finals against the Lakers...
          Last edited by Buckalis; 01-15-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

The MIAMI Heat. As in Miami, Florida will be the Western Conference champion. Just when i think you’ve said your most uninformed moronic statement you outdo yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
              The MIAMI Heat. As in Miami, Florida will be the Western Conference champion. Just when i think you’ve said your most uninformed moronic statement you outdo yourself.
              You are the Moron here if you think that was more than a typing mistake... I mention the Heat playing in the semi-finals in the East, don't I? They can't play in both conferences can they?

What it is, is that the computer I use (or the site's auto-saved memory) tends to "eat" the first three letters when I'm typing fast and then it automatically "writes" Heat after the H of Utah...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
                You are the Moron here if you think that was more than a typing mistake... I mention the Heat playing in the semi-finals in the East, don't I? They can't play in both conferences can they?

What it is, is that the computer I use (or the site's auto-saved memory) tends to "eat" the first three letters when I'm typing fast and then it automatically "writes" Heat after the H of Utah...
                It’s difficult to say with you. Remember the comment about teams losing 4 consecutive regular season games never winning the title ? I guess that was a typo as well. You probably meant 14 consecutive instead of 4 right ? Even someone as young as you who only goes back a couple of years could have researched such a definitive statement before making it but you didn’t.
                So again hard to tell with someone with your history.

Comment

It’s difficult to say with you. Remember the comment about teams losing 4 consecutive regular season games never winning the title ? I guess that was a typo as well. You probably meant 14 consecutive instead of 4 right ? Even someone as young as you who only goes back a couple of years could have researched such a definitive statement before making it but you didn’t.
                  So again hard to tell with someone with your history.
                  Sorry if I've heart your feelings with my opinion of you being disqualified in the 2nd round from your colleague circus in the arena down there in the zorroland kid...

It's my opinion and the most possible scenario though... The Bucks will be playing the Jazz in the finals this season... If you think about it, it's better for your circus this way... You'll avoid being humiliated on the floor when the whole world will be watching... see kiddo? ...see hombre?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
                    Sorry if I've heart your feelings with my opinion of you being disqualified in the 2nd round from your colleague circus in the arena down there in the zorroland kid...

It's my opinion and the most possible scenario though... The Bucks will be playing the Jazz in the finals this season... If you think about it, it's better for your circus this way... You'll avoid being humiliated on the floor when the whole world will be watching... see kiddo? ...see hombre?
                    Actually if it was your prediction that the Lakers would win it all I would be seriously concerned. As you consistently prove over and over again you’re completely clueless. An amateur and novice who has been following the sport for a couple of years.
                    Therefore you understand how much value your opinion has. Most Greeks have a good understanding of basketball since it’s been an elevated sport in your country for 30+ years. A couple of decades before you were born. That’s why I am starting to think you’re probably not Greek. Are you from one of those border towns ? You must be Albanian. It would explain a lot when it comes to your understanding of the game.

Comment

Actually if it was your prediction that the Lakers would win it all I would be seriously concerned. As you consistently prove over and over again you’re completely clueless. An amateur and novice who has been following the sport for a couple of years.
                      Therefore you understand how much value your opinion has. Most Greeks have a good understanding of basketball since it’s been an elevated sport in your country for 30+ years. A couple of decades before you were born. That’s why I am starting to think you’re probably not Greek. Are you from one of those border towns ? You must be Albanian. It would explain a lot when it comes to your understanding of the game.
                      Still mourning from losing to the Magic hombre? Keep some mourning for after you are gonna be disqualified in the 2nd round during the postseason... You'll miss it if you spend it all here kiddo...

Comment

Man, I really think Zion Williams will be a bust, mainly because upcoming injuries. He seems to be even fattier than prior drafts now...
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

The Bucks remind me a lot of LeBron’s 2009 Cleveland team. They both had the league MVP but a supporting cast that was not suited for money playoff time. That Cleveland team won 66 regular season games and it appears that this Milwaukee team will surpass that and be around 70. But in the end they will not win the championship. The 67 win 2007 Dallas Mavericks are another good comparison. They had the one star surrounded by role players but got bounced in the playoffs following a year in which similar to the Bucks of last year they lost 4 consecutive games after being up 2-0.
                          They never recovered until that team’s supporting cast was completely revamped and upgraded 4 years later.

Last year Giannis joined Allen Iverson in 2001 and Derrick Rose in 2011 that I recall having watched the NBA since the early ‘80’s as the only reigning league MVP’s to be unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs by losing 4 consecutive games.
                          And in all 3 cases they were outplayed by the truly superior player. Kawhi over Giannis, LeBron over D Rose and Shaq over Iverson.

When it comes to teams as well as individuals, the post season has a way of illustrating greatness.
                          Last edited by usagre; 01-19-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Please don't compare Cavs 2009 and this Bucks 2020.

That Cavs team couldn't play well even for 5 minutes without LeBron, had no coach and had system called LeBron that used to average 40+min in regular season ...When you play all year like that one dimensional yeah you will have seriuos troubles againts best teams in a series.

Bucks have a seriuos coach, have system in last playoffs when Gianni's got in faul trouble they still was good and not collapsing without him.Thats why they can play Gianni's for 33 min average and still win 65 +and put recordsl like +- stat ...no Cavs team never was even close to that.

Rose bulls and Iverson sixers had no chances in those serries.Bucks lost almost won serries there is difference.

Numbers don't lie when team wins 60+ and have over 10 pts difference average( it's means they beating other teams easily) they won ring all those times except one time.

If you believe it gonna happen second time ok it can it's sport im just saying what numbers and history says.

Stop comparing one men system with T-E-A-M with superstar.

Last year the only minus was lack of playoofs experience for MVP, but they were crusing in playoofs too starting 10-1 and then mental collapse happend in gm3 and even after that it was dog fight till last seconds in gm5 and gm6 that could went either way.

Numbers shows Bucks 2020 is historically dominate team,2019 Bucks didn't had those numbers.

Againts Raptors Giannis didn't played well and they still was right there with NBA champions.

When you win average 10+pts you simply dominate and something very extra should happend like injury or heart broken lose for such dominate team to lose 4 times in 10 days.

It can happend, but not because such dominate team miss tallent or anything of that kind.
                            Last edited by Shawshank; 01-20-2020, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                              Please don't compare Cavs 2009 and this Bucks 2020.
                              Huh ? Are you for real ? Let me educate you. That Cavs team won 66 games with a league leading +9 average in point differential. And went an incredible 39-1 at home other than a meaningless loss in the regular season finale. And that only home loss was to the champion Lakers by the way. You make it sound as if it’s some outlandish comparison. Keep in mind Milwaukee has done it for half a season. Those teams are very comparable. I can’t believe you are getting carried away by regular season basketball. Didn’t the record breaking 2016 Warriors teach you anything ? Those numbers can be misleading and inflated.

Comment

Here’s another good comp. 2016 Spurs 67 regular season wins, +10.6 regular season point differential.
                                Bounced in the second round. And by the way the ‘09 Cavs +9 point differential is equivalent to a +12 or so point differential today considering the enormous difference in pace of play. On average teams shoot 9 more shots a game in ‘20 than in ‘09.
                                A lot easier to build up point margins this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information