NBA 2019-20 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post

When Clippers puts their top 5 in Beverley,Williams,George,Leonard, Harrell to finish game that's tough and strong minded lineup.Not the warriors death lineup,but second best I have seen in this small ball era.
    Wow that’s an incredible statement to make considering they have played like 10 games together as a unit.
    Not surprisingly or more like conveniently you failed to mention the Miami Heat small ball unit that won multiple championships as well as other final appearances.

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Battier, Chalmers unit was better.
    That Lebron was clearly better than Kawhi. Bosh was clearly better than Harrell.
    Wade and George are comparable. Battier and Beverly were also very comparable. Only Lou Williams was clearly better than Chalmers.
    I am not even convinced that the Clippers unit is better than this Laker Lebron, AD, Kuzma, Danny Green, Bradley unit. That will be decided in the spring not in the regular season no matter what happens.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
      Yeah the Bucks gained some experience but the talent hasn’t increased and the flaws are still there.
      Only one superstar and a flawed one at that. You were raving about them last year but they lost 4 straight games to get bounced. There’s nothing fluky about that. That is being soundly beat. Yeah once again I am perfectly awake on them. They have a good shot at getting to the Finals but either LA team would beat them soundly.
      I'm sorry... I wasn't posting here last year, neither I was raving on them on another forum... In fact I was suggesting the GSW as being the favorites to win it all last season... Therefore stop posting lies next to the nonsense you always do, in order to delibarately create false impressions!

Haven't you have been taught that much in the school you are a student at hombre? I now they do in Mexican schools (unless if secret from your mom, you drink tequila before you go to school)...

Comment

Originally posted by Buckalis View Post
        I'm sorry... I wasn't posting here last year, neither I was raving on them on another forum... In fact I was suggesting the GSW as being the favorites to win it all last season... Therefore stop posting lies next to the nonsense you always do, in order to delibarately create false impressions!

Haven't you have been taught that much in the school you are a student at hombre? I now they do in Mexican schools (unless if secret from your mom, you drink tequila before you go to school)...
        Wow you’re not that bright are you ? I quoted Shawshank in that comment you fool. That means I was referring to him.

Comment

Clippers-Lakers both games was playoffs intensity no doubt.In both games Leonard was best player on the floor.

When Clippers puts their top 5 in Beverley,Williams,George,Leonard, Harrell to finish game that's tough and strong minded lineup.Not the warriors death lineup,but second best I have seen in this small ball era.

But saying that people are sleeping on Bucks, most talk is about la teams.

In one of the games they shown graphics bucks winning average is over +12 after 30 games.

That's was achieved only by legendary champions teams like best bulls version in 96, best warriors version in 2017, Lakers 72, bucks 71.

Last year raptors was lucky not go down 0-3 againts bucks and won basically lost serries.Bucks just didn't have playoffs deep run experience and that finish off mentality .But after painfull lose in last playoofs,they will be way better prepared mentally in this playoffs.

So far NBA finals 2020 looking to be rematch of last year's playoofs battle between Giannis vs Leonard.
          Quite accurate judgment... The Bucks had a better team than the Raptors last season and should have won that series, if they didn't luck the experience needed...

As far as the Giannis vs. Kwahi "battle", I believe Kwahi doesn't stand a chance this season, not after the direction from the NBA headquarters to the refs, to be particularly careful on calling the travels (Kwahi is the "master of travelling" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl8RvgLywz8 )...

After all, the Raps should have been disqualified in the 2nd round from the Sixers last season, if the refs would have called that eye-popping 5-steps (!!!) travel of Kwahi on that 7th game buzzer...

Comment

Humiliating home loss by the Clippers to the lowly Grizzlies. Allowing 140 points and getting smoked by 20+.
            Although the Clippers are mainly focused about the playoffs they have to be careful in how they manage this regular season.
            It appears the Lakers will be the #1 seed and that leaves 5 teams (Clippers, Denver, Houston, Utah and Dallas) all bunched together currently separated by 1 game in the all important loss column for seeds #2-#6. You don’t want to be the #5 or 6 and have to go the entire playoffs without home court. And #4 probably isn’t that desirable either as you would get the Lakers in the second round as opposed to the Conference final. I think the Clippers goal should be to get to #2 or #3 and then have a legitimate at winning it all.

Another thought on the Clippers is that I am not sold on their role players in the playoffs. Other than their big 2 just about all of them have never made it out of the second round. The Lakers for example have many role players that have won championships and played in the NBA finals.

Comment

Clippers have record 25-12 that doesnt showing true strenght of clippers. Kawhi missed 9 games, George [B]13 games.So from 37 games they played only in 14-15 games together .

Sure injury can be problem for clippers,but if healthy i dont see anybody beating them in west 4 times.I give seriuos chances only for Bucks with home court advantage in the finals.Team which obviuosly playing best basketball for whole 2 years it cant be some fluke.

They have MVP superstar and Spurs system eventually after 100 kicks even rock begin to brake as in spurs loockeroom is sign similiar to that But you need to get painfull lessons in playoofs before that rock collapses.

Like MJ got lessons from pistons,like Lebron got from Celtics, Giannis will have to go through that and only after he will overcome them then truly he will become best player in the world.

Lakers have 28-7 and missed in only 2-3 games one of 2 leaders. In playoofs serries those howards and mcgees will become unplayable againts best west small ball teams.Davis want or not he will have to go to center position when real battles begins.Now looks he is strongly against that.

I think both lakers and Clippers doesnt want to face Rockets in second round.Its way better playing some Jazz or Nuggets.Rockets can be crazy and very tricky but they still will be pain in ass in long serries even if you will the serries ( they will take alot from you)
              Last edited by Shawshank; 01-05-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Clippers have record 25-12 that doesnt showing true strenght of clippers. Kawhi missed 9 games, George [B]13 games.So from 37 games they played only in 14-15 games together .

Team which obviuosly playing best basketball for whole 2 years it cant be some fluke.
                18 games 14-4 record Leonard/George
                32 games 27-5 record Lebron/Davis.

Yes it’s better than 25-12 record they currently have but would still be behind both Lakers and Bucks at their current winning percentage together.

About the Bucks you have to make the distinction about regular season and playoffs. Some teams are built for one and some the other. With Milwaukee it has nothing to do with experience they just don’t have the talent. They will get exposed again when a good team faces them for 6 straight games.

Comment

OMG Ja Morant's Ankle Breaker is so lit that Lou Williams Approved! Hahaha! Watch this promise!

Comment

It appears that Kyle Kuzma is seriously on the trading block. The rumor for Bogdanovic of the Kings came up weeks ago but I dismissed it. I think it has real traction now. Kuzma has not been able to fit in to this new look Lakers. It has a lot to do with missing the entire preseason due to injury so I think 3 months from now when it’s playoff time he will fit a lot better.
                    But that said I can also see the Lakers moving on if the package is worthwhile. Bogdanovic alone in my opinion is not enough. But him and another piece is another story. Such a potential move also keeps the Lakers flexible for next year.

Comment

Unless I am blown away by an offer I don’t move Kuzma. Young wings with his athleticism, skill and size don’t grow on trees. This first half of the season has not been ideal for him but you have plenty of time to assimilate him properly. I wouldn’t go nuts looking for a backup ball handler/playmaker either. People forget that playoff Rondo is a completely different version than regular season Rondo. Basically truth be told this first half of the Laker season has been just about perfect. With their 3 best players in the lineup they have only lost 3 games. Other than a late collapse loss to the Clippers you are basically talking about 2 home losses to Dallas and Toronto. That’s pretty impressive and I would ride it all the way to the postseason if it was me.

Comment

If you use the Euroleague PIR metric then your top 5 players in the NBA this season excluding Karl Anthony-Towns who has only played 23 games are : (with win loss record)
                        1- Giannis. 38.1 (32-6)
                        2- Harden. 37.8. (26-11)
                        3- Luka. 36.1. (22-13)
                        4- AD 34.0. (29-6)
                        5- LeBron. 32.4. (31-6)

Incidentally that’s the exact order I would vote for MVP.

Comment

Sure!

Root for Denver!!

Let's play Rankingball with me!!

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                            18 games 14-4 record Leonard/George
                            32 games 27-5 record Lebron/Davis.

Yes it’s better than 25-12 record they currently have but would still be behind both Lakers and Bucks at their current winning percentage together.

About the Bucks you have to make the distinction about regular season and playoffs. Some teams are built for one and some the other. With Milwaukee it has nothing to do with experience they just don’t have the talent. They will get exposed again when a good team faces them for 6 straight games.
                            In Playoofs without experience you cant win it all thats a fact.Nobody won on first couple tries,you must get punched in the nose and stand up and comeback next years. If you are one of the greats eventually you overcome that and win it all.

I dont believe Raptors was better or more talented team than Bucks last season.They just had more playoofs strong minded veterans like Leonard,Gasol,Ibaka,Lowry and in key moments in last 2 minutes where most of those games went in that serries that was key factor.Bucks were leading more time in that serries and was one made shot from taking 3-0 ale less tallent have nothing to do here.Bucks had even more tallent in my opinion.

after 2-0 nobody believed raptors will comeback and nobody said that raptors is loosing againts weaker team . Gm3 that 4 querter was key moment in that serries mental wise.

Its was lack of experience and stronger mentality.What Giannis and Bucks relived last year in that serries it definetely will help them in 2020 playoofs.

If they gonna play with spurs system where everybody sharing the ball from most of the game and let Giannis decided in last 5 minutes good luck beating them at their home court .The team that is hungry for revenge.Like Spurs were in 2014 after mental collapse and lost ring in previuos playoof.

Not every team will be able to built such wall of 3 fantastic defenders like Leonard in front of him and Gasol with Ibaka waiting inside.Only this 3 one of kind defenders by their own rights was able to slow down young inexperience Giannis.Next time even such wall can be not enough with more experienced and more mature Giannis.

That men is very scary ale young Lebron, you can play good,solid defence and still get dunked by him

"If those trees of his is going in atleast with 35% its game over " said by some seriuos nba analysts.I dont think it was a joke.
                            Last edited by Shawshank; 01-14-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

@ Shawshank

I agree that experience matters that’s why last year heading into that series I brought it up. Everyone was penciling in the Bucks in the Finals and I made the point that teams don’t make drastic jumps like that. From first round loser to NBA finals.
                              And I was proven right. But you still need the talent to get it done and I don’t think that they have it. Their system much like with Budenholzer in Atlanta or Tibs back in Chicago is a regular season model but will fail in the playoffs because they don’t have enough.

And you can check back I thought Toronto was still alive even down 0-2 last year. I have watched countless series over the years where the team comes back since they hadn’t even played a a home game yet. Giannis is a great player but his game hasn’t evolved to the point it needs to be at for him to carry a team to a title. The supporting cast honestly to me is not that great. Middleton is good but more like a number 3 than a 2. Bledsoe is not a winning player and the other guys are journeymen that can be fine in their roles in the playoffs only under optimal circumstances. Like having a better number 2 and having Giannis more well rounded and suited for postseason play.

Comment

[B]
                                If they gonna play with spurs system where everybody sharing the ball from most of the game and let Giannis decided in last 5 minutes good luck beating them at their home court .The team that is hungry for revenge.Like Spurs were in 2014 after mental collapse and lost ring in previuos playoof.
                                That’s not a relevant comparison. That Spurs team led by Duncan, Parker and Ginobili had championship experience galore to fall back on. Sure extra motivation helped, as did the fact that by 2014 that Miami team wasn’t the same team it was the previous years. Wade had declined and the team was worn out from 4 straight years of countless number of games.
                                Last edited by usagre; 01-14-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information