Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague Game Schedules

I wonder how they are drawn, or made?

Normally, you would have a game home followed by a game away.
    This season seems to be very irregular.

Fenerbahçe had:
    Week 1 - AWAY in Madrid
    Week 2 - AWAY in Belgrade
    Week 3 - HOME
    Week 4 - AWAY in Milan
    Week 5 - AWAY in Tel Aviv

We now have

Week 6 - HOME
    Week 7 - HOME

Followed by:

Week 8 - AWAY in Moscow
    Week 9 - AWAY in Barcelona
    Week 10 - AWAY in Lyon

Currently we have teams like Bayern and Efes who played 4/5 games at home and teams like Baskonia and Fenerbahce who played 1/5 games at home...

Does anybody know why this happens?

Originally posted by Cuneyt View Post
    I wonder how they are drawn, or made?

Normally, you would have a game home followed by a game away.
    This season seems to be very irregular.

Fenerbahçe had:
    Week 1 - AWAY in Madrid
    Week 2 - AWAY in Belgrade
    Week 3 - HOME
    Week 4 - AWAY in Milan
    Week 5 - AWAY in Tel Aviv

We now have

Week 6 - HOME
    Week 7 - HOME

Followed by:

Week 8 - AWAY in Moscow
    Week 9 - AWAY in Barcelona
    Week 10 - AWAY in Lyon

Currently we have teams like Bayern and Efes who played 4/5 games at home and teams like Baskonia and Fenerbahce who played 1/5 games at home...

Does anybody know why this happens?
    Because the people in Euroleague seemingly don't have much sense.

Next double gameweek, all 4 spanish teams play both games at home. As a matter of fact, there is no alternation between home and away during that double week, so half the teams will relax at their home city, whereas the other half will be in one flight after the other, touring around Europe like a rock band. Crazy. Panathinaikos and Olympiakos by the way will have two consecutive away games in the double week.

I wonder if Trakis has realised and whether he will post something funny on Instagram
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Comment

We are in bad form but this schedule didn't help at all. With normal schedule we could be 2-3 or 3-2 until now and team spirit wouldn't be as low
      With normal schedule and last season form we would be 5-0.

Comment

Originally posted by kzav View Post
        Because the people in Euroleague seemingly don't have much sense.

Next double gameweek, all 4 spanish teams play both games at home. As a matter of fact, there is no alternation between home and away during that double week, so half the teams will relax at their home city, whereas the other half will be in one flight after the other, touring around Europe like a rock band. Crazy. Panathinaikos and Olympiakos by the way will have two consecutive away games in the double week.

I wonder if Trakis has realised and whether he will post something funny on Instagram
        before you post this you should have know that this season double games weeks are more than previous seasons and 2 of them for each team will be played entirelly in their country. for example panathinaikos will play against bayern and zalgiris b2b games at 15th and 17th of january both at OAKA and against olympiakos (at sef) and csska(at OAKA) at 3rd and 5th of march.

for those teams that will play b2b away games (maccabi will also play away both matches in december double games week) there will be another day to rest (2 instead of 1)
        Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

I still do not get why a team would have 3H and 7A games and another 7H and 3A.
          I understand it must be rough to manage this schedule, but discrepencies THIS BIG is not acceptable.
          I can understand one or two home game differances to manage the travelling but 4 game discrepency seems a lot.

Comment

I heard earlier when CSKA complained that Euroleague announced schedule very late and they were unable to play in Moscow, because all arenas in city were already booked.
            Sport journalists in Lithuania says that Euroleague is runned by spanish employees, and that by mentality they are not the ones that are in a hurry to prepare everything quickly so maybe this is the case

Comment

This is an issue ever since Jordi cup changed it's format to 30(now 34) games.I remember a season where Maccabi had 9 out of their first 14 gmes played at home.

It's another example of euroleague trying to be a budget,poor man's version of NBA.They try to be innovative and cool by getting rid of the classic home-away-home format.Of course in NBA teams play every 2 days and have to cover huge distances so it makes sense that one team plays 5 games in a row in eastern USA before playing 5 games at home etc.In Jordi Cup where teams play once every week it just doesnt make any sense.And before someone says at the end it doesnt matter cause it balances out,i'd argue that gaining momentum from a favorable early schedule is important.

Comment

The expanded Euroleague schedule isn't great for Eurocup either because of all the EL games now being played on Tuesday and Wednesday, taking further attention away from a competition that already has to compete with the BCL.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information