No announcement yet.

Euroleague Regular Season: Week 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season of course isn't over. At some point we have to start winning games, for sure. But I believe if we can be in top 8 at the end of the regular season, Fener will probably be better than current dysfunctional thing that I can't call a team.

Who knows, maybe we will be in playoffs without homecourt advantage and beat our opponent. Idiots like saras should consider this possibility, considering what happened in the past (no offense to other Pao fans)
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
      They take some heat for their offense being too vanilla, and yet Zalgiris runs all these intricate sets and MTA averages more points per game than them...

What gives here guys ? Just better player personnel ?
      Yes, complete of lack of offensive talent for Zalgiris. Only Grigonis can sort of create. I wish we had someone like Wolters at least. Yet we let him go. And now we're stuck with Walkup (excellent player on D, perfect off the bench, but not creative) as our main PG, Perez sucks monkey ass and Lukas riding poor form after the WC (I guess?). Terrible situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
        Season of course isn't over. At some point we have to start winning games, for sure. But I believe if we can be in top 8 at the end of the regular season, Fener will probably be better than current dysfunctional thing that I can't call a team.

Who knows, maybe we will be in playoffs without homecourt advantage and beat our opponent. Idiots like saras should consider this possibility, considering what happened in the past (no offense to other Pao fans)
        Season is not over but you have already lost 5 games whereas in the previous year your regular season record was 25-5 which means that after only 6 games you have reached the same number of defeats!!

It is quite evident that there are problems of relationship between Obradovic and some players. Perhaps they are not willing any more to be subjected to his methods and his character. There's no other explanation. It has already happened to Mourinho, Conte and other soccer coaches.

The question is if the problem can be solved or not, only the team management can verify this.
        Last edited by ronmercer80; 11-02-2019, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• It certainly wasn't unusual for Obradovic to have disappointing Euroleague seasons with PAO. The worry for Fener is that aside from signing De Colo, which was a serious coup, their recruiting hasn't been good enough.

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
          It is quite evident that there are problems of relationship between Obradovic and some players. Perhaps they are not willing any more to be subjected to his methods and his character. There's no other explanation. It has already happened to Mourinho, Conte and other soccer coaches.
          This is very possible but it's also possible that many of these players would be even more broken without him.

Comment

• Fener fans are being overly dramatic.

No season ever was lost in the first 6 games. Are you in a worse position than past years? Sure. But if one thing is sure with Obradovic is that even you end up 7th, you are going to be hell of a team to face in the playoffs.
            3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
              Fener fans are being overly dramatic.

No season ever was lost in the first 6 games. Are you in a worse position than past years? Sure. But if one thing is sure with Obradovic is that even you end up 7th, you are going to be hell of a team to face in the playoffs.
              Muahahaha
              With 28 games to go and 2 games behind Play-offs season is over for fener...
              And there's Zalgiris, last season, with 6 wins required to reach top 8 with 6 games remaining.

Seriously,,
              <-link to video
              http://bit.ly/bg3272
              http://bit.ly/dnTPE7

Comment

• Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
                Season is not over but you have already lost 5 games whereas in the previous year your regular season record was 25-5 which means that after only 6 games you have reached the same number of defeats!!

The question is if the problem can be solved or not, only the team management can verify this.
                Yes, I'm somewhat aware that losing 5 games out of 6 might mean that things are kinda going bad

Also, I don't think it's not about players not wanting his methods or something like that. Most players are from last year, De Colo had Itoudis, Westermann had Saras before and Williams specifically came here for working with Zoc.

Seriously guys, I know that some Fener fans and some loser fans of other teams (not you ron) are ready to write us off, but we're not there yet. We don't know what the problem exactly is, so we can only speculate if we will be better or implode completely in the coming weeks
                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
                  Those were not conclusions because of that game. It was an answer to Toruko who said that "PAO overperformed" and "PAO is not even a top-8 team". Rosterwise, PAO is definitelly a top-8 team and it's underperforming so far. My opinion didn't change after the last win.
                  Got it, mate. I was checking the forum with my infant baby on my lap , couldn't pay full attention.

Unlike most of the forum, I think Calathes is great as the core piece, and you have a few flashy names. but when I see Thomas as important as he is, I by reflex downgrade my expectations. Congratulations on the win.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Season will be over 3 weeks later.
                    We will beat Bayern at home next week.
                    Then we go to Moscow and Barcelona.
                    2 defaets in row will make us 2-7 and it means first 6 spot is impossible anymore.
                    If we manage to reach play-off, just can be 7th or 8th which means we will face one of barcelona, real madrid or cska without home court advantage.
                    I dont see us losing series to Cska but difficult against Barcelona and Real without home court advantage.
                    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                      So target is top4 where all teams have 0-0 and story starts from zero.

To reach top 4, you get to be in top8.

So again:

28 games to go, only 2 wins behind playoffs.
                      28 games to go, only 3 wins behind home court advantage playoffs.

So yeah, LOL "season is over" with 28 games left and 3 wins behind home court advantage spot.
                      Like I said season is over for title!

Yeah we will play 28 games. But what to expect there with Williams instead of Melli? Or Kalinic instead of Kalinic? Yes, this is not the same player. As much I am optimist about Datome, I am pesimist about him. Guy is shadow, he has problem with everything on the court, with ball, with referees, with opponents, with himself. Seems that Djordjevic decision to not call him in NT crashed his confidence. And confidence was his main atribute because skillset never was on high level.

What to expext from decline Dixon? Westerman is just invisible figure on the court. We are all praying for Lauvergne not to be fouled and sent on ft line. Williams who couldn't make the easiest layups under basket except slam dunk.

So we will be better as much as Datome and Vesely can boost their performance and if De Colo stay healthy. Three top players are not enough for the title and that's why I am saying season is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                        Season will be over 3 weeks later.
                        We will beat Bayern at home next week.
                        Then we go to Moscow and Barcelona.
                        2 defaets in row will make us 2-7 and it means first 6 spot is impossible anymore.
                        If we manage to reach play-off, just can be 7th or 8th which means we will face one of barcelona, real madrid or cska without home court advantage.
                        I dont see us losing series to Cska but difficult against Barcelona and Real without home court advantage.
                        Hahahahaha! You are so funny, bro! Jumping out of your skin to preserve the remains of your arrogance, aren't you?

On the serious side. The problem in Fener obviously lies in the changed roles. DeColo is used to be undisputed leader and he is fully worthy of it. He proves it with his game. But the roles in the team has changed drastically. And not all of them are happy with it. So, the rest of the team need time to get used to it. And they need to do it real quick.
                        But I believe Obradovic will somehow manage their egos after all.

Comment

• fener can only expect sloukas,datome,vesely to not be that bad. none of them was ever a top player in their position. perhaps datome and vesely were close to top5 at their position.
                          vesely hasnt played good since last christmas,its not about recovering from injury. he just had a great first 1/3 of last season. he was never a defensive monster,not a rim protector,not a guy that will make enemy guards fear to drive in. just a big guy,more athletic than most of the players at his height in euroleague and thats all. his frame doesnt help him defend the post against big guys as well
                          datome is a great shooter,mediocre defender and limited skills on ball,he has always been deadly off ball. cant create for others,has some good post moves but he is getting older and older,his glory days are gone,he should not have resigned. he will improve for sure,but nowhere near some fener fans think he will (top3 for his position right now is laughable,maybe more like close to top10)
                          sloukas is not even in top20 guards in euroleague,he has always been a support guy for leading guards. spanoulis at olympiakos,bogdanovic at fener and calathes at greek national team

derrick williams is not that bad so far,but obradovic never got much of american players like him. i can only remember batiste at his early days as a PF for panathinaikos. panathinaikos had guys like rodney buford,tracy murray,lonny baxter,marcus heislip and others. he didnt draw much from them. maybe buford did but he had other issues to solve and he was a part of the team the years we were in rebuild mode after bodiroga's departure. obradovic always worked with high iq forwards. tsartsaris,rodgers,bodiroga,fotsis,even kaimakoglou. and then he got bojan,bjelica,melli
                          Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                            Like I said season is over for title!

Yeah we will play 28 games. But what to expect there with Williams instead of Melli? Or Kalinic instead of Kalinic? Yes, this is not the same player. As much I am optimist about Datome, I am pesimist about him. Guy is shadow, he has problem with everything on the court, with ball, with referees, with opponents, with himself. Seems that Djordjevic decision to not call him in NT crashed his confidence. And confidence was his main atribute because skillset never was on high level.

What to expext from decline Dixon? Westerman is just invisible figure on the court. We are all praying for Lauvergne not to be fouled and sent on ft line. Williams who couldn't make the easiest layups under basket except slam dunk.

So we will be better as much as Datome and Vesely can boost their performance and if De Colo stay healthy. Three top players are not enough for the title and that's why I am saying season is over.
                            So you preditc Fener to be 9th or lower?

If not, how can you say it is over if Fener even from 8th spot would have at least 25% change to reach F4?

You post illogical things.

Maybe you mean "over to be a favorite in top8 playoff series", then I could understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                              So you preditc Fener to be 9th or lower?

If not, how can you say it is over if Fener even from 8th spot would have at least 25% change to reach F4?

You post illogical things.

Maybe you mean "over to be a favorite in top8 playoff series", then I could understand.
                              I said over for title. What isn't clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                                I said over for title. What isn't clear?
                                dude i dont think fener is even favorite for f4 but what are you talking about? its november 2nd.
                                Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information