Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 6

as for the game yesterday panathinaikos was way better defensively compared to all our games so far in the season (even greek league games). we protected our paint and we only allowed larkin do his 1v5 things,but you cant win with that kind of basketball in OAKA. especially in a day where not only calathes,but fredette and rice were also good. good thing is that it was the second game in a row that johnson looked to be improving and papapetrou was crucial too. not gonna comment on papagiannis cause he would not be a part of the game if willey was playing on his standards. after all papagiannis has some good performances once in a while. what he lacks is consistency

panathinaikos needs to step up defensively. if we could get rid of brown who doesnt even play in games and replace him with killpatrick it would be ideal
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    1. I agree with the first part of your sentence. We needed to play our best game and at the same time we needed for Micic to bomb completely in order to win but
    2. The opinion that Pao is not a top8 team is not unfounded but there are better ways to express it.
    1. PAO played well but they are still underperforming. Pedoulakis hasn't learnt how to use his players , for example Fridet and Papagiannis. I hope he will understand eventually. Other players (e.g. Johnson) haven't found their role yet and I'm sure they will be much better in the near future. Efes was not good yesterday but PAO's defense has something to do with that too. I expect that PAO will catch it's normal(and better) performance in a month or so.

2. Totally unfounded and prejudiced opinion. PAO could easily have a 5-1 score so far and that opinion would sound even more ridiculous.

Efes being favourite in Oaka is laughable. No opponent is favourite in Oaka, ever. Efes is in my opinion the most overvalued team at the moment. Yes they can beat anybody, but they have only 4 1/2 players and nothing in the bench. They had 4 home games, loosing 1, 1 lucky escape, and 1 away win against the worst team in competition. About Micic, he is really good player, when he plays under his limits. Yesterday he wanted to be Drazen and Ataman was rightfully upset. Normally he should be benched, but Ataman has nobody to replace him, Dunston, Simon or Larkin, who is just another Iso American.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    The level of hate between Greeks and Turks is fascinating.
    Unless you are a dogma fed, news bullied, butt hurt, living in the past ignoramus...
    Not true at all, really.
    I often feel I have more common with Greeks and many other Balkan Ethnicities, than some of my own countrymen who think they are the grandsons of Ottoman sultans

Every nation has goods and bads, as well as morons...
    I prefer the ones who enjoy Rakı / Ouzo

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Efes being favourite in Oaka is laughable. No opponent is favourite in Oaka, ever. Efes is in my opinion the most overvalued team at the moment. Yes they can beat anybody, but they have only 4 1/2 players and nothing in the bench. They had 4 home games, loosing 1, 1 lucky escape, and 1 away win against the worst team in competition. About Micic, he is really good player, when he plays under his limits. Yesterday he wanted to be Drazen and Ataman was rightfully upset. Normally he should be benched, but Ataman has nobody to replace him, Dunston, Simon or Larkin, who is just another Iso American.
    So for Micic and Sloukas the same principle should be applied.

Efes is never the favorite team when they play in Greece since very often their general performances against both Pana and Oly are awful.

https://twitter.com/KTsartsaris/stat...6a0c8a1b32ae30

but there are still people judging calathes and compare him with sloukas with the outcome being in favor of sloukas (lol)
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post

Efes is never the favorite team when they play in Greece since very often their general performances against both Pana and Oly are awful.
    Micic is a completely different type of player than Sloukas. Neither Micic can play like Sloukas and even much more difficult the other way around. The problem of whole Efes squad (not just Vasa Micic) is that Efes guards (except Balbay who plays out of some limits a little different but gives them a lot of defensive stability) have absolute freedom to do whatever they want. For me it's funny that Ataman is called some kind of great coach since last season as only thing he did is giving keys of the team to Larkin, Micic (at the point of Beaubois injury) and in their replacement Beaubois. Everyone else is working on them and heavily relying on the circumstance if they have woken up on a good or bad foot. Like it has been written, they can destroy anyone at any given day, but also lose to anyone at any given day. The basketball is fun to watch if you don't have anything to do with Efes but I consider it a little wild.

Out of that reason I think that neither Vasa nor Shane will ever again look that good in any other team.

And I agree that it's impossible for anyone to be favourite in OAKA, it's not even important who is playing on PAO. It's simple as that. Everyone tends to overrecognize and overestimate their team to some extent point, at least we are all watching the games of our teams every week in championships and Europe etc., we love this teams, but yeah, it's a little bit frustrating what kind of primitivism is going around in the last 10 years in basketball circles. Basketball was always a gentlemen's sport, this changed a lot. And yeah, it has to do with football fans for sure. Everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    imagine yourself being here during Maccabi, Pao or Oly better days then they are currently having.
    or Crvena Zvezda fans couple of seasons ago, although I don't remember so much Partizan fans here during their F4 quest.
    it's a cycle and only the members from different countries are changing their cockyness and attitude depending on their team success.
    I've been lurking here during those days and I have to say that a lot of the greeks were as cocky as the turks during those days. Maccabi fans behaved differently many of them actually worried that their success isn't false.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post

Imho Micic is much better player, but it looks to me, he might think, that he’s better than he actually is. He should have some reality check. He and Efes had only 1 good season.
    previously known as Beno

You got the wrong idea about that what i was saying. My opinion always bases on facts and not on a dumb hate. Why should I hate greeks? hahahahha

We are talking about basketball here and everyone who knows a bit about bb can see that paos big rotation is utter shit. Not only this... 3 point shooting is also a big problem of pao. Good Papapetrou had a good shooting day but it also had to do with the non existent defense of efes. Last season was the same Efes got raped in Oaka and played final. This makes basketball interesting.

I also think that the play maker and the center of the turkish nt are utter shit. Do i hate Turkey now? I am not very polite in expressing my thoughts and this wont change. You will have to get used to it.

And still one thing. I am neither a fan of Fenerbahce nor of Efes so i am not writing here on a fans point of view. So you are wasting your time if you think you can hit back talking badly about efes or fener. I couldnt care less.

I believe a sport can just grow with player from that country. I am not strictly against foreigners but you must also have the patience let home players grow. So far about my intentions.

Ad2: Oaka has a great atmosphere and gives much energy but it has its limits. When you have watched the game closely you could see that pao tried to make the game very fast. They have been trying to do it since last game because they cant create in half court and they cant get rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Ad2: Oaka has a great atmosphere and gives much energy but it has its limits. When you have watched the game closely you could see that pao tried to make the game very fast. They have been trying to do it since last game because they cant create in half court and they cant get rebounds.
    Pao has in last 2 years won around 80% of home games, not including playoffs, and only 40% of away games, so it must be something.
    previously known as Beno

Your problem is that your predictions are based entirely on current results and form. In one moment Real is the best team on the world in other it's Barca.
    When Efes lose games they are shit when they win games you are turned down until next loss.

Efes is runner up of the EL and CSKA is weaker then last season.

I am sorry that me and you can't write nothing good about our teams, but that's not reason to spit on good teams and Efes is seriously good team.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Your problem is that your predictions are based entirely on current results and form. In one moment Real is the best team on the world in other it's Barca.
    When Efes lose games they are shit when they win games you are turned down until next loss.

Efes is runner up of the EL and CSKA is weaker then last season.

I am sorry that me and you can't write nothing good about our teams, but that's not reason to spit on good teams and Efes is seriously good team.
    Mine only dispute with you from the begging was, that Barca has far the best roster. Starting 5 and bench. We were comparing Barca vs. Fener. Which looks funny at the moment. Efes is very solid team, but you have declared him as a clear favorite, which is laughable.

I didn’t mention Real much, because I believe that not bringing serious second Pg is a mistake, because Llull is just a shadow of himself in last 2 years.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 11-01-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Mine only dispute with you from the begging was, that Barca has far the best roster. Starting 5 and bench. We were comparing Barca vs. Fener. Which looks funny at the moment. Efes is very solid team, but you have declared him as a clear favorite, which is laughable.

I didn’t mention Real much, because I believe that not bringing serious second Pg is a mistake, because Llull is just a shadow of himself in last 2 years.
    Real at least has one great pg

Regarding Efes I put them as 5th favorite, again you switch the facts
    They are talented team, my words.

Comparing Barca and Fener starting five doesn't look funny at any moment. there is just clear difference in pg and pf spot. Again your evaluation depends just on current result

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    1. PAO played well but they are still underperforming. Pedoulakis hasn't learnt how to use his players , for example Fridet and Papagiannis. I hope he will understand eventually. Other players (e.g. Johnson) haven't found their role yet and I'm sure they will be much better in the near future. Efes was not good yesterday but PAO's defense has something to do with that too. I expect that PAO will catch it's normal(and better) performance in a month or so.
    in
    2. Tota n i nlly unfounded and prejudiced opinion. PAO could easily have a 5-1 score so far and that opinion would sound even more ridiculous.
    I don’t disagree that we underperform (based on some expectation that w have built based on the roster) but we still have to see this being deployed on the court.

I didn’t mean to say that we are not a top8 team. I believe that we are somewhere around 6th. I only said that there could be an argument that there are 8 better teams than us. In addition, just because we could have 5-1, doesn’t mean we actually deserve it.

Anyway, it’s a long year and in the end teams get what they deserve 100%. My
    hope for this year is to advance to the playoffs and get better at away games. If both these things happen, maybe next year we can have legit hopes for F4
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Real at least has one great pg

Regarding Efes I put them as 5th favorite, again you switch the facts
    They are talented team, my words.

Comparing Barca and Fener starting five doesn't look funny at any moment. there is just clear difference in pg and pf spot. Again your evaluation depends just on current result
    I’m 99.9% sure that you say they are favorite for winning Euroleague.

Current results? Sloukas, Datome, Williams, Kalinic and Vesely cannot even make Barca’s bench at the moment.
    previously known as Beno

I’m 99.9% sure that you say they are favorite for winning Euroleague.

Current results? Sloukas, Datome, Williams, Kalinic and Vesely cannot even make Barca’s bench at the moment.
    In current form no, but Datome and Vesely are top3 players in their positions. We'll talk about this in month or two again

If you look just current form and result, where you were the whole last regular season when Fener with the same players was convincingly first in all main categories? 2pt, 3pt, ass/to ratio, table etc...

We are not good at the moment and with player like Sloukas, Lauvergne, Williams, Nunnally(in the past) won't be in near future too, but that is one more reason for my arguments how much Datome, Vesely and Dixon are valuable players

Those guys succeeded with mediocre teammates to be on the top

That's why Dixon, De Colo, Datome,xxx,Vesely is not much worse then Barca starting five

Everyone has it's own perception but Datome is even in good shape far from a Top3 player at SF in Euroleague.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast