Page 127 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2805

Thread: UAAP season 83

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    oh wow damn!
    does UP still have roster space or they will just horde players SMC style, also Lina would be eligible to play by Season 84, (2 years of eligibility to be wasted)
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    does UP still have roster space or they will just horde players SMC style, also Lina would be eligible to play by Season 84, (2 years of eligibility to be wasted)
    i guess they still have some room left.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    I admire Sherwin, but Chabi Yo has no other option but to stay as he is already 24 yrs old and about to exhaust all his eligibility
    agree

add recently resigned Thai National team coach Chris Daleo to the list of applicants for the UST coaching job

https://rappler.com/sports/uaap/form...box=1600242374

Given his status as a foreigner and the rules of the BCAP, Daleo applied as a consultant, similar to the role given to Jermaine Byrd with the DLSU Green Archers last UAAP season.

“I have been following the UAAP Final Four and I’m very curious about installing a culture,” Daleo said about his intent to join University of Sto. Tomas.

“They want to win. I feel that I can offer a part of that culture that appreciates winning,” said the 52-year-old coach, whose record has only one losing season since he started coaching in 1999.

After leaving Thailand in March following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, Daleo is now in Chicago where he is training Filipino-American basketball players under Tumakbo Basketball, as they aim to make it to either of the Philippines’ collegiate basketball tournaments – the UAAP and NCAA – or to the PBA and ABL.

One former ABL standout, Jason Brickman, was complimentary of Daleo’s coaching skills after playing for him with Hi-Tech Bangkok City in the TBL.

“Coach Daleo is a winner. He has a great system and knows how to get the most out of his players,” said Brickman. “He has helped to develop the local players in Thailand and won many championships. I loved playing for him.”

One of Daleo’s points of contention for a role with UST is his connections with Fil-Am players and potential imports who can bolster the Growling Tigers’ roster, which he mentioned in his email application. – Rappler.com
    Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 09-16-2020 at 02:37 PM.

I wonder if Lina already enrolled in UST and this becomes a Mark Dyke situation

Lina has will Gozum vibes to his game.

I don’t think he’s that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    I wonder if Lina already enrolled in UST and this becomes a Mark Dyke situation
    Already enrolled so if he transfers most likely he will have to red shirt. But I think he will be in a Will Gozum type of situation where he will be buried behind Tamayo and Diouf there, he is an undersized C so we will just have to see how it goes for him.
    お元気ですか?

Crazy to see the number of guys applying for UST coach even though our major sponsor has already pulled out and the number of applicants outnumber the players left in our Team A lol.
    お元気ですか?

Quote Originally Posted by shamuibilog View Post
    There is one of many reasons why Lebron, or to some extent a Kawhi can never be the GOAT ... Loyalty. Kudos really for those who decided to stay with UST in spite of what had happened. Chabi Yo's and Sherwin's perspective about the whole thing shows maturity and character. Next man up.
    Sherwins perspective could also be the number of minutes that suddenly open up due to the players leaving. He needs those minutes to eventually make it to the pba.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ck View Post
    Crazy to see the number of guys applying for UST coach even though our major sponsor has already pulled out and the number of applicants outnumber the players left in our Team A lol.
    hahabol pa si Jinino Manansala Lol

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap-...ef=home_feed_1

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    add recently resigned Thai National team coach Chris Daleo to the list of applicants for the UST coaching job

https://rappler.com/sports/uaap/form...box=1600242374

Given his status as a foreigner and the rules of the BCAP, Daleo applied as a consultant, similar to the role given to Jermaine Byrd with the DLSU Green Archers last UAAP season.

“I have been following the UAAP Final Four and I’m very curious about installing a culture,” Daleo said about his intent to join University of Sto. Tomas.

“They want to win. I feel that I can offer a part of that culture that appreciates winning,” said the 52-year-old coach, whose record has only one losing season since he started coaching in 1999.

After leaving Thailand in March following the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, Daleo is now in Chicago where he is training Filipino-American basketball players under Tumakbo Basketball, as they aim to make it to either of the Philippines’ collegiate basketball tournaments – the UAAP and NCAA – or to the PBA and ABL.

One former ABL standout, Jason Brickman, was complimentary of Daleo’s coaching skills after playing for him with Hi-Tech Bangkok City in the TBL.

“Coach Daleo is a winner. He has a great system and knows how to get the most out of his players,” said Brickman. “He has helped to develop the local players in Thailand and won many championships. I loved playing for him.”

One of Daleo’s points of contention for a role with UST is his connections with Fil-Am players and potential imports who can bolster the Growling Tigers’ roster, which he mentioned in his email application. – Rappler.com
    Can UST even afford this guy?

Coaching in the UAAP is better than coaching any other independent team in the PBA except maybe Alaska.
    Plus as a coach you actually have breaks ust is also a good school.

Also all these MPBL teams stopped paying their coaches/players ust would at least give them a salary

Already enrolled so if he transfers most likely he will have to red shirt. But I think he will be in a Will Gozum type of situation where he will be buried behind Tamayo and Diouf there, he is an undersized C so we will just have to see how it goes for him.
    Bad choice for him. Could have chosen a school where he could properly develop.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    Can UST even afford this guy?
    Or if BCAP will allow Daleo to coach here? We all know that BCAP has insecurities against foreign coaches...

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Or if BCAP will allow Daleo to coach here? We all know that BCAP has insecurities against foreign coaches...
    I think that's only for pro leagues. That's why Byrd, Tab etc were able to coach in the UAAP.

Unless UST get's a loaded lineup I don't think getting an expensive coach is worth it though. UP is a good choice dunno if its possible

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    I think that's only for pro leagues. That's why Byrd, Tab etc were able to coach in the UAAP.

Unless UST get's a loaded lineup I don't think getting an expensive coach is worth it though. UP is a good choice dunno if its possible
    Byrd was appoint not being coach.. He was only Coaching consultant only... same as Baldwin.. They are not named coach on UAAP board.. But we all know that they are the real coach during games..

New coach in UST gets to start from scratch rather than inherit some of his predecessor’s players. More important, he wont have any pressure at all as the expectations will be low. It will be a good gig for any applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamhoy View Post
    New coach in UST gets to start from scratch rather than inherit some of his predecessor’s players. More important, he wont have any pressure at all as the expectations will be low. It will be a good gig for any applicants.
    Yes I agree. It would be like an internship. The only problem is, if someone better applies next season, whoever is the head coach will most likely be fired.

Okay so how many teams have had a complete exodus of players.
    NU (Both HS and Seniors)
    UST (Due to the Ayo Bubble)

With Letran, San Beda, Ateneo, UP, La Salle hoarding players.

Also another question, does the one and done rule only exist in the UAAP? Can there be masters students in the NCAA/CESAFI/NAASCU?

This has to be one of the craziest recruitment battles in Philippine college history. School switches, Fil-Foreigners literally from 10+ countries, Controversies, surprise commitments, Coaching changes.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Yes I agree. It would be like an internship. The only problem is, if someone better applies next season, whoever is the head coach will most likely be fired.

Okay so how many teams have had a complete exodus of players.
    NU (Both HS and Seniors)
    UST (Due to the Ayo Bubble)

With Letran, San Beda, Ateneo, UP, La Salle hoarding players.

Also another question, does the one and done rule only exist in the UAAP? Can there be masters students in the NCAA/CESAFI/NAASCU?
    They are more lax I think and the the limit in the NCAA is 24. But if a recruit is THAT good to go through the trouble just to play then he probably would rather play in the UAAP.

I think the other schools are silently building up their rosters too. Crazy offseason even with covid 19 and all.

Page 127 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast