Page 126 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2817

Thread: UAAP season 83

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Is calida the main benefactor of admu? Its still mvp
    Carpio is for dlsu at this point.
    Is it? Isnt he just one of multiple backers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Is it? Isnt he just one of multiple backers?
    Its mainly him and his Davao group. The Villavicencio’s are there as well.
    They really wanted Cuajao cause hes from Davao.

If you cant support DLSU because of Carpio then thats ok with me. Personally Im just at the point wherein if my ethics were forced on sports teams then I probably wouldnt be watching the UAAP, PBA, NFL and even certain NBA teams (Magic, Pistons).

Quote Originally Posted by Sikatrix View Post
    If you cant support DLSU because of Carpio then thats ok with me. Personally Im just at the point wherein if my ethics were forced on sports teams then I probably wouldnt be watching the UAAP, PBA, NFL and even certain NBA teams (Magic, Pistons).
    Id just expect a Catholic School to he above this.

I thought I would be finally able to root for DLSU this year without ECJ in the picture.

They just became worse being backed directly by D29+1 ‘s family despite DLSU publicity condemning ejk and supporting Leni and Ressa. Dlsu is embarrassing for them to allow this. I hope they can publicly criticized for this
    Backed by the president's family is a stretch if you know how the current administration work behind the scenes.

Sarah is not Duts policy and governance wise. Mans is even farther away. The chief implementors of Duts policy are his appointees and BG, not his family members. His family members are way down there in the power heirarchy. I would go so far as saying a Sarah presidency will be totally different from what we are experiencing now.

Not saying Mans is clean but I wouldn't equate his support to a Malacanang-backed sports program. Very very farfetched.

As to why DLSU would accept his support, the same answer for all schools and institutions who want fame and bragging rights.
    Last edited by greenarcher; 09-15-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Backed by the president's family is a stretch if you know how the current administration work behind the scenes.

Sarah is not Duts policy and governance wise. Mans is even farther away. The chief implementors of Duts policy are his appointees and BG, not his family members. His family members are way down there in the power heirarchy. I would go so far as saying a Sarah presidency will be totally different from what we are experiencing now.

Not saying Mans is clean but I wouldn't equate his support to a Malacanang-backed sports program. Very very farfetched.

As to why DLSU would accept his support, the same answer for all schools and institutions who want fame and bragging rights.
    Their principles might be different but they get their money from the same sources .

Sara isnt an ordinary mayor with an ordinary budget it being used to back a schools ball program is a terrible look

Their principles might be different but they get their money from the same sources .

Sara isnt an ordinary mayor with an ordinary budget it being used to back a schools ball program is a terrible look
    Lets stick to basketball and not on politics which is the objective of this forum.

The sad fact is that every school has its share of unsavory backers and alumni. Its up to you if you can stomach this.

Quote Originally Posted by k3ttch View Post
    The sad fact is that every school has its share of unsavory backers and alumni. Its up to you if you can stomach this.
    San Sebastian had alleged gambling lord Dennis Pineda as their main benefactor for a few years. The Dennis Pineda-backed era produced an NCAA title (2009) and three NCAA Finals appearances (2009, 2010 & 2011). They also won the National Championship by beating Ateneo in the 2011 PCCL. To his credit, Pineda brought in to Baste the Pinatubo trio; Abueva and Sangalang became NCAA MVPs and are now bonafide superstars in the PBA.

Sometimes its not just the money you pour into your alma mater. But also the players you bring in.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
    Lets stick to basketball and not on politics which is the objective of this forum.
    What if the person running the basketball program of your School is deeply involved in politics.
    The sponsorship of a basketball program is still part of a basket ball topic.

I can somewhat stomach NU, Adamson,FEU,ADMU and the other schools.
    SM, Ace hardware, akari, PLDT /smart .

I know their money isnt completely clean but at least their money comes from a legit business not people’s taxes.
    Even if the business is kinda exploiting in nature its still better .

To add to that;

Why did Nonoy and Cuajao, both under the age of 21, get a pass for traveling to Davao when it's strictly stated in the IATF guidelines that they aren't allowed. Even if given the argument that they're Locally Stranded Individuals they should be using that status to get back home, not go to Davao.

It smells like even more selective favoritism coming from the fact that it's the Presidential Son-in-Law who had them come over.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
    It's still a basketball topic when your team is getting bankrolled by taxes and the PRC.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    To add to that;

Why did Nonoy and Cuajao, both under the age of 21, get a pass for traveling to Davao when it's strictly stated in the IATF guidelines that they aren't allowed. Even if given the argument that they're Locally Stranded Individuals they should be using that status to get back home, not go to Davao.
    Deo Cuajao is from Davao.

Like www.facebook.com/BULGARsportsPH

http://servssports.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio View Post
    Deo Cuajao is from Davao.
    Sorry Sir Serv, I did my research. He's from Midsayap, North Cotabato. Not Davao. Both he and Nonoy are under the age of 21 and defying the law just to kiss the ass of your Alma Mater's newest government funded and crony backer. Just funny to see the same people (Lasallean Boomers mostly such as Quinito) who were up in arms against Ayo and UST now defending this like Sinas' mañanita.

It's obvious nothing will happen though. This is Mans Carpio we're talking about, they can get away with anything.

I just find it very stupid to make kids go all the way just to kiss ass. Stupid posturing, well befitting someone as intrinsically linked to the Dutertes as Mans Carpio.

Oh well, let's hope he has a similar end to ECJ, whose last live DLSU basketball memory in his pathetic life was the Rey Seurte game-winner lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    Sorry Sir Serv, I did my research. He's from Midsayap, North Cotabato. Not Davao. Both he and Nonoy are under the age of 21 and defying the law just to kiss the ass of your Alma Mater's newest government funded and crony backer. Just funny to see the same people (Lasallean Boomers mostly such as Quinito) who were up in arms against Ayo and UST now defending this like Sinas' mañanita.

It's obvious nothing will happen though. This is Mans Carpio we're talking about, they can get away with anything.

I just find it very stupid to make kids go all the way just to kiss ass. Stupid posturing, well befitting someone as intrinsically linked to the Dutertes as Mans Carpio.

Oh well, let's hope he has a similar end to ECJ, whose last live DLSU basketball memory in his pathetic life was the Rey Seurte game-winner lol.
    Bro. here's the thing..if the dude is from Midsayap, North Cotabato and assuming there is no airport at that area..do you think dropping by at Davao before zooming to Midsayap is just a stupid thing to do? Me as a regular traveller before when everything is still normal I used to drop by at a certain area as part of my stop over thing. now if the kid does that who are we to scrutinize his prerogative/decisions if your impression is to had a courtesy call to the school's benefactor before going home..whether you admit it or not your posted message(s) is a template of how those yellow submarines does there writings..I ain't a pro admin but I'm glad this administration just passes that National Academy of Sports to mold/create future world and olympic filipino champion, strictly and mandatory implementation of Republic Act No. 10699 wherein national athletes and coaches are entitled for a 20% discount, build that new sports complex in Central Luzon for our future hosting of Asian Games and Olympics wherein several world class sports stadium will be build around this area as part of the pipeline and increasing the Athletes monthly allowance and all national athletes will given financial assistance as part of that bayanihan act 2 that was recently signed..now for me as a regular taxpayer I'm not mad at that because as far as I'm concern the past administrations doesn't care to much on our beloved athlete only now this administration of the old man threat how important Philippine sports in the heart of the Filipino people as a whole.

Cuajao went to Davao for hs iirc wouldn’t be surprised if he’s based there

What if the person running the basketball program of your School is deeply involved in politics.
    The sponsorship of a basketball program is still part of a basket ball topic.

I can somewhat stomach NU, Adamson,FEU,ADMU and the other schools.
    SM, Ace hardware, akari, PLDT /smart .

I know their money isnt completely clean but at least their money comes from a legit business not people’s taxes.
    Even if the business is kinda exploiting in nature its still better .
    to be fair, MVP's money is connected from a crony (owners of indomie, love their migoreng btw)
    of late Indonesian dictator Suharto who is noted for embezzling more than $15-$35 billion (twice than Marcos)

now back to our regular programming, with Irocon pulling out support for UST, players are transferring left and right, so its now just Chabi Yo left, oh boy
    Last edited by CoJ; 09-16-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

There is one of many reasons why Lebron, or to some extent a Kawhi can never be the GOAT ... Loyalty. Kudos really for those who decided to stay with UST in spite of what had happened. Chabi Yo's and Sherwin's perspective about the whole thing shows maturity and character. Next man up.

Quote Originally Posted by shamuibilog View Post
    There is one of many reasons why Lebron, or to some extent a Kawhi can never be the GOAT ... Loyalty. Kudos really for those who decided to stay with UST in spite of what had happened. Chabi Yo's and Sherwin's perspective about the whole thing shows maturity and character. Next man up.
    I admire Sherwin, but Chabi Yo has no other option but to stay as he is already 24 yrs old and about to exhaust all his eligibility
    #GoUSTe, #AnimoLaSalle #PadayonUP

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    oh wow damn!
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Page 126 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast